DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for January 2020 - so we know who's here!

What is your opinion of the new Club system?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the new Club system?

• I like it more than the old Forums
    • I like it equally as much as the old Forums
    • I like it less than the old Forums
    • I really really don't like it!!
    • I think it could work, with a few changes which I will mention in my post or a PM
    • I'm Jon Snow
  2. 2. Stay or go?

• I'm happy to hang around with the Clum System
    • I would prefer to go back to the old Forum system, if that were possible
    • I dislike the Club system so much I've left / am leaving DM

It's a new year, it's a new board, and I'm feeling good ... wait wrong genre. But while we're on the topic of good, how are you finding the new boards? Does it make you feel good? Or not? Any suggestions, requests, rants, questions?

Please post here with your full DM name, your path and rank, and answer the poll questions if you have an opinion.

Please post here with your full DM name, your path and rank, and answer the poll questions if you have an opinion. The search function is still not fixed, so this is the easiest way for us to see who's around and what our numbers are.

cross, keeper of the chronicles, brown aes sedai. 

i'm ok with the club system though it could be made more convenient 

Posted (edited)

Liitha, pink fluff, cuen'deren der'manshima

I miss the private boards being in the same place...it's a bit of a hassle keeping up with several board sets for each membership

I also wish there be a way to save filter so only saw clubs your member of if you chose...instead of having to refilter every time you want to change club or scroll through all of them (since they now come up primarily as big square tiles rather then a list - which I like I just wish didn't have to see all of them)

Edited by Liitha

Lavandula, novice.

Since I'm new I have nothing to compare with, but I find my way around, so I like it fine?

I was wondering is there an easier way to change between clubs than; menu, scroll, club, club list, scroll, scroll, scroll, choose club?

It's not a world crisis, but I did notice the same as lii conserning the private clubs, I didn't see mine hiding way down the list between ogier and podcasts, before someone sent a pm about it lol.

Dar'Jen Ab Owain, Sitter of the Green Ajah

Praying 2020 is a better year for us all.

I prefer the old forums. Felt it was easier to navigate and participate. Still, trying to make the most of the Club System, and obviously, I'm still here.

JamesBrown, Sword Captain of the Warders

I prefer the old forum's easy way to know if there are new posts in a sub-forum. Here, the only way to see what's new is to look in the Overview page, but if it's been a couple of days since I've logged in, the number of new posts can exceed the Overview's single page, so I'm missing things, I'm sure.

Also, and it could be my imagination, but the pages seem to load more slowly than the old forum. 

Still, I have friends here, so I shall carry on. Happy New Year everyone.

LilyElizabeth, Green Sitter

I would like the Clubs fine if there was a way to see which boards had new posts like the forums used to be. The Overview pages don't work for me. 

Maera, Novice

(I like Lav don't have anything to compare it to, but agree navigating around was a little tricky at first, but I am also new to forums in general.)

Cairos ~ Gray Sitter

i don’t like the clubs that much. The forums were easier to navigate around.

Arie of the Yellow

Clubs Vs Boards? Well.. I feel like Jason may not have thought it all through and forced too much change without enough understanding on the follow through. I believe there are DEFINITELY ways to make it work, but I think it would have to be balanced out with the Forums and Subforum management. I genuinely would need to sit down, look at all the clubs/needs/groups/themes and get back to you on what I would suggest to change - which I am happy to provide if people are interested in what I have to input with.

7 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I would like the Clubs fine if there was a way to see which boards had new posts like the forums used to be. The Overview pages don't work for me. 

I have been using the "Unread Content" button, but it gives the unread to -everything-. 

4 hours ago, Arie said:

Arie of the Yellow

Clubs Vs Boards? Well.. I feel like Jason may not have thought it all through and forced too much change without enough understanding on the follow through. I believe there are DEFINITELY ways to make it work, but I think it would have to be balanced out with the Forums and Subforum management. I genuinely would need to sit down, look at all the clubs/needs/groups/themes and get back to you on what I would suggest to change - which I am happy to provide if people are interested in what I have to input with.

I think thats something you club leaders need to take back to staff instead really, we can debate opinions till we are blue here, in the end it would just be many chefs making a lot of mess and having different opinions. We can give sugestions but its up to you staff based on how you want to run the different groups to figure out togheter with the admins how to work it out.  

10 hours ago, Arie said:

Arie of the Yellow

I think we should put our heads together on this - maybe in a week or so when more people have posted their ideas here? Then we can present the admins with some ideas.

Lii, It's been an ongoing topic in staff ❤️ 

I may put some ideas on paper and see if it has weight with other people's suggestions and go from there. ?

I'm just getting used to the new system but I've been gone a while. Once I figure

out how to update my sig than I'll be happy. 

ThorkinBarrimore (Ren'Shai) der'Manshima

Taymist, Aes Sedai, Red Ajah

(PM'ing you, Elgee, just back after the holidays so missed your Discord message, sorry!)

19 hours ago, Taymist said:

Taymist, Aes Sedai, Red Ajah

(PM'ing you, Elgee, just back after the holidays so missed your Discord message, sorry!)

No worries!

Hi... 

Sooh still blue, just not here so much anymore. And yes, that's because of the clubs. It's too much work for me to navigate and read all the new content that I want to, so I prefer just leaving instead of being here and being irritated about it. 

PS. Look for a new post from me in a few minutes. I have somebody I need to introduce to you all! (I don't know where I'll post it, so I guess it'll be like a scavenger hunt just to find it. Good luck.)