DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

20 Questions - Movie Edition Round 6

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

Round 5 was Goodwill Hunting

Round 6 is picked... Go!

Minor Hint: Make sure to include the Year The movie was made when Guessing the Title. :biggrin:

1. Is its genre Action, Drama or Science Fiction? (No)

2. Did any of the cast win an Oscar for their performance in this movie? (No)

3. Is its genre Comedy, Thriller or Horror? (Yes)

4. Did the movie release after January 1st, 1990? (Yes)

5. Does it have an IMDB User Rating of 7.0 or higher? (No)

6. Per IMDB, does it have a Meta score of 50 or less? (N/A)

7. Is the movie Rated G, PG, or PG13 in America? (No)

8. Is the movie’s Gross (USA) Box Office $40 Million or less? (N/A Behind Paywall)

9. Does the movie have a single star lead? (Yes)

10. Was this movie released after Jan. 1, 2005? (No)

11. Is this movie a sequel? (No)

12. Is this movie a remake? (No)

13. Is the genre comedy? (Yes)

14. Does it have a horror element to it? (Yes)

15. Is it Shaun of the Dead? (No)

Edited by SinisterDeath

On 12/24/2019 at 7:25 PM, Elessar said:

Is its genre Action, Drama or Science Fiction?

No

On 12/25/2019 at 6:30 AM, Basel Gill said:

Did any of the cast win an Oscar for their performance in this movie? 

No

Edited by SinisterDeath

Could you please elaborate a little on these N/A answers (obviously without revealing anything about the selected movie), you have 2 of them so far out of 8 questions. It seems obscure and surprising seeing as we are used to yes/no answers in this game. Is this a movie it is realistic we may be able to uncover by use of IMDB and similar internet-'tools'?

5 hours ago, Elessar said:

Could you please elaborate a little on these N/A answers (obviously without revealing anything about the selected movie), you have 2 of them so far out of 8 questions. It seems obscure and surprising seeing as we are used to yes/no answers in this game. Is this a movie it is realistic we may be able to uncover by use of IMDB and similar internet-'tools'?

With the Metascore question, IMDB doesn't list it's metascore. (Not all movies list it on IMDB)

So I can't answer if it has a score above or below said value based on whats' shown on IMDB. 

With the box office question. IMDB didn't list how much it earned at it's box office. It might list it with IMDB Pro, which costs $$.

Surprisingly there are a number of films that don't list metascore, or a box office.

Take this film as an example.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8611700/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209095/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

None of those list box office or Metascores. I can't reliably answer "no" or "yes" to either of them. :wink:

And yes, (won't count against you) you should be able to uncover it on IMBD using the tools.

I also gave you a pretty big hint on the very first post. :biggrin:

20 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

With the Metascore question, IMDB doesn't list it's metascore. (Not all movies list it on IMDB)

So I can't answer if it has a score above or below said value based on whats' shown on IMDB. 

With the box office question. IMDB didn't list how much it earned at it's box office. It might list it with IMDB Pro, which costs $$.

Surprisingly there are a number of films that don't list metascore, or a box office.

Take this film as an example.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8611700/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209095/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

None of those list box office or Metascores. I can't reliably answer "no" or "yes" to either of them. :wink:

And yes, (won't count against you) you should be able to uncover it on IMBD using the tools.

I also gave you a pretty big hint on the very first post. :biggrin:

Thanks for elaborating a little. Among the multitude of films there will always be exceptions like those you found. Perhaps elsewhere there may be info how much a movie earned at the box office. N/A answers are unfortunate but you did give a hint yes as to the final option (when we get that far). I do hope though that we have seen the last of the N/A answers ? 

Like you I try to figure out the movie in question by the answers given to questions here, using IMDB/other movie-lists for help, and then when narrowing down options further in the end with the help of 'tools' like you used. Time will tell if it pays dividends.. ? 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, Elessar said:

Okies, here is another question:

Does the movie have a single star lead?

Yes.

(For the record, I'm not a fan of this particular question as there is no spot on IMDB that actually lists it it as such, so it's a matter of interpretation.)

Tbh I never knew any place listed any movie as having a single star lead, thought it was always a question of interpretation and impression. Since I am the only person playing this game (bar 1 of 9 questions), I think others can take it the rest of the way.

Happy New Year!