DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Liitha

Ren'shai field trip

You're not very subtle, Lava.  But, subtlety is overrated 😉 . I turn in my 400 page dissertation in 19 days from now.  So I'm either a) working or 2) telling myself I should be working.  Neither of which has given me much chance to come here.

@Phaedra I'm from the States originally, but moved to Edinburgh, Scotland seven years ago, and whenever someone mentions the word "football" I look at it twice then carefully read the context.  American football is REAL football... soccer isn't.

I was too (for me)! *iching in fingers to comment on part 2, but seeing as hay might be inclined to reevaluate the worth of his very heavy books, finds it best not to prod...for now* 😁

If American "football" is football simply because you play it on your feet there's a whole bunch of sports that should be renamed as football😝 real football is when your foot actually has to touch the ball plus the ball is pwettier

No, Lava, you kick a ball in real football.  How do you kick it off or make a field goal?  So, yeah...your criticism is invalid.  And pwetty?  That's a matter of personal taste.  A real football is beautiful.  Especially when you've thrown it so it's spinning through the air.  Far better than that boring black and white patched excuse of a ball only half-filled with air.  And all you do with a soccer ball when you take it out is abuse it, kicking it around.   I always wonder why they never just leave.

Since gridiron, like football, is based on footballgames, your ancesters took with them from mostly Asia, 

and Europe (where most sport on foot rather than on horse, with a ball, originally was called football, but like I said if that is the standard we are to follow today...) I don't think USA can claim to  have the answer key

on what is "real" football. For the same reason since football also does not come from USA, and also fun fact, as far as I can find was established as a genuin sport before Gridiron, ahem..I don't really see how USA in any way is entitled to slap a new name, calling football soccer, and thereby declear it's not real football. 

Secondly I find both gridiron and football tremendiously boring to watch, but if I have to, I rather watch football cause watching the footwork (wich is years of hard work) is poetry. And who told you the ball is only half filled? How do you kick a ball across the field if it's soft?😛

I will agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to me the Amercan football looks like a magnified moose poop, maybe if they would change the color it would look better... Ooooh they should totally paint it in colors and give it wings! think how pretty it would look flying like a butterfly😁

Whatcha think @Phaedra, you wanna paint the ball, or twack me with a club, lol? *looking for mumsys skirts just in case* 😂

But you know what? We, ahem I mean you ren'shais, should tots make this the next ren'shai discussion!!! 

BTW Hay, you might be tremendiously smart, but you only managed to momentarily distract me *looking more curious than ever* 🤔🙃😏

Like you say, lovely @Lavandula, beauty is most certainly in the eye of the beholder. I agree that foot work in soccer is poetry, just as much as a perfectly thrown football. I wouldn't say the look of a football is particularly pretty, but then I don't think soccer balls are either. However, the smell of the leather of a football is quite nice. Would I paint a football so that it's more colorful? In a fantasy world, sure! I would glitter that baby up and put wings on it (kind of like the Snitch)! But for practicality purposes, coloring it would make it harder to grip, and therefore useless to play with 🙂.

Maybe...but it sure would look epic! And the glitter would drizzle down on all the players and then in came a unicorn flying throug making a rainbow, and if they ran in it they would get super speed, and there was a purple dragon swirling above  shooting down small green fireballs that the players had to avoid... Now THAT I woulda watch no matter how the ball looked!

Yeah watching football is not my thing, but I think I should get some (lots) of points towards my der'manshima exam for the effort😇 

tenor.gif?itemid=5413550

Also Hay, since you are all raised and the boss over us minteepies now, you are obviously to grown up for little aspie shenanigans..right?

Now I never did quite get what MaA stands for, but since kaylee is Master Of naughtiness I figure MaA is up the same alley, ergo bigger and better so....

*lower voice* we (I as your humble servant will ofcourse help master *nods*)'re stealing cairos's minty (ee or however you say it) right? Right?  *roumaging through the leftovers of her mentors carepacage*

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

*lower voice* we (I as your humble servant will ofcourse help master *nods*)'re stealing cairos's minty (ee or however you say it) right? Right?  *roumaging through the leftovers of her mentors carepacage*

I like minty! Can I be spear-a-minty? 😄🤣

Edited by Phaedra

Yeah me too! Well if we're going all spicegirls minty condition...I better read up on english gum brands haha

(If there is a pun in that name I blame my language barriage, since I cant blame my haircolor😂)

How far did you read in WOT?

@LavandulaI'm looking at my heavy books and trying to decide which one would suit best if I needed to take measures. I think I told you no pranks. :smile:  We were Aspies together once upon a time, but now I'm supposed to be "responsible".  (Whatever "responsible" means).  

I'll update Haycraftd's PhD in a few weeks.  I'm turning it in on the 31rst, then packing and leaving for New Orleans two days later.  Then I can tell you all what this summer's been like.  My mother's giddy, the only pre-lockdown friend I've been able to see in person since March is worried, and I finally became afraid a few days ago.  

Lol sowwy, I just missed yah so I need to poke you a bit extra, cause who knows when I see ya next😁 no more pranks? *quivering lip* but but... 

Oooh! I just read the last post (from june) can't wait for the next, yey!

Hey, just focus on your work, and try do things that makes you smile in the little spare time you got *hugs* I'm happy for your mom she must be so excited, it has probably been some time huh😀 yup yup can't wait! *bouncing around*

Ok since the ren'shai seem to be in temporary hibernation I will help them plan for trick or treating....

What's everyones favourite drinkable, that comes in serving size package like cartons, bags, cans. Juice? Soda? Ice tea? Etc

I think you may need harder, or sharper, temptations. Those video's may also have scared them off. XD

11 minutes ago, Arie said:

I think you may need harder, or sharper, temptations. Those video's may also have scared them off. XD

Hey! Let my tell yah something littly missy mac mentor, we warders help eachoter out, but no one said it would be perfect, they want better they can get their orange little tushies in here and do it themselves, or they'll get what they get😜 and right now I'm thinking that would be a orange painted christmas three.. (cause me and lii took all the good halloween decorations.. you snooze you loose)

hey , there now they can be set...maybe we can lure thorkin or hay to come back to hang it up

background-1298031__340.png

I will keep that in mind when this month rolls into the next..... 😉

Happy Halloween! In time for all that candy we need to 'work off' later. XD