DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Liitha

Ren'shai field trip

Posted (edited)

Warders (aka girls) night is never wrong, just kicked back with an ale, some dark chocolate, and Dead or alive

Whatcha guys up to?

Edited by Lavandula

Posted (edited)

My sincere apologies folks. We've been trying to reopen the Resort that I work at

for the past week due to the pandemic so I've had some odd hours but let me take a 

stab at them questions. @Lavandula

-What do you like to eat, and drink (are you conscious about eating healthy)? 

Well,  I usually stick with just iced tea or water with the occasional Coke Zero. Up until recently I had been on the Keto Diet but now I'm transitioning to a Mediterranean Diet because I do love my meats and cheeses....and the pasta but I do try to stay healthy.

Also, I quit drinking alcohol about 7 months ago but, beforehand, I loved my whiskey. 

(you can blame that on my Scottish ancestry). 

-what do you/do you like to do to keep your body strong? 

I work out 7 Days a week but I alternate the workouts I do every other day. I have a Shake Day for basic dumbbell free weights and a Bake Day (get it...Shake n Bake? 😄) for cardio workouts. 

- what do you/do you like to do to keep your body flexible?

I like to utilize my ankle weights and use them with the edge of my bed to due various leg scissors and other workouts including a little basic yoga....maybe a little aerobics to work my abs. 

- what do you/do you like to do for fitness?

Anything that keeps my heartrate up and targets the intended areas. Nothing too harsh on the joints. I'd say that it's more of a toning routine to keep my body limber and ready for anything. 

- what do you like to do to destress/relax? 

OH, I'm a big fan of just watching my various streaming Apps like Hulu (gotta love my Perfect Strangers and Family Matters) and Netflix (way too many to count). 

- what kind of tv (if any) do you watch? 

I'm obsessed with anything to do with ancient and Medieval Times. If it's got a castle in it then I'm probably gonna like it. Right not I'm very big on Bernard Cornwall's The Last Kingdom as I really enjoy those kind of books but I like shows that make me think like The Blacklist as well. 

- what hobbies do you have?

Other than doing lots of reading, I really like watching YouTube. Some of my favorite channels are Food Challenges like Randy Santal or Food Reviews like Ken Domik. They're both really nice people. 

Edited by ThorkinBarrimore

5 hours ago, ThorkinBarrimore said:

(get it...Shake n Bake? 😄

Hah! Love it😂 oooh I love Mediterranean food!!! Hey I just wanted to know if you guys are mainly focused on working out or also into eating healthy, (no judgement either way, and what is seen as healthy is entirely up to oneself, I'm not a nutritionist)😄 we eat cheese and pasta too, like other than some foods that some in our family can't eat (wich is another reason we don't eat processed foods) we eat pretty normal, just less white flour, less sugar,  more veggies, and try to pick the healthier alternative😃 I just thought if you guys were also into healthy foods there might be an idea for a later thread😁 

Oooh gonna check out "the last kingdom" see if it's something for me, thanks for tip! 

No prob at all! Yes, I try to only eat things that are organic. Every time I get a 

chance I make a little trip to the Whole Foods Market or Sprouts. It really seems

like all those preservatives in the food haven't done us any favors over the years. 

Now THAT  is one intriguing story, and they got it on Netflix 😃

Yeah, at first we had to go to special stores to buy organic, and it was really expensive too.  but during the years luckily it's become so much in the normal food stores, and it's usually about same price too.