DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Liitha

Ren'shai field trip

49194444523_51fbb218b3_o.png

Welcome to the Ren'Shai Dojo, this is the disc thats about honing your body and being into fitness, so we are prepared for whatever migth come. We like to talk about what it means to survive, but we also enjoy kicking back talking about sci-fi, gaming and such.

49151696673_60ea92b2d8_o.png

Our members consist of (inactives in hidden content):

Der'Manshimas:
Vanion - former SC

ThorkinBarrimore 

Haycraftd

Aspiring Manshimas:

Inactive members:
Al Jenn Mael - Der'Manshima
ArtGuyJoe - Der'Manshima
BenTGaidin - Der'Manshima
ConningOfficer - ? 
cosmicpanda - Manshima
Esteban Diego - Der'Manshima
False Dragon - ?
F Horn of Valere - Der'Manshima
Karasayl - Der'Manshima
King of the Reds - Der'Manshima
Loranflame - Algai
Rekinu Alasayaar - Der'Manshima, temp former SC
ReleaseTheEvil - Der'Manshima
Shamaeso - Der'Manshima
thehumantrashcan - Der'Manshima
The winds of Time - ?

Tigersfs - ?
_wolfbrother_ - Der'Manshima

our shields:

49195364352_b7d065cf1b_o.png 49194604458_c9211f42ba_o.png 49195109566_fd05a3dc71_o.png 49195301452_d014fdeb7c_o.png

49195301537_4b853ba028_o.png 49195109631_e7e4562d8d_o.png  49195301637_711bb22ea1_o.png49195109651_e8bfb20112_o.png

Edited by Liitha

*Sprawls onto couch.* Hey y'all.

Just got in from swinging a golf club.  Fallen in love with the sport.  Planning on gaming tonight: Kingdom Come: Deliverance.  The quest is that I'm courting a young lady.  We're due for a walk.

Edited by haycraftd

Well lets try this again

@ThorkinBarrimore comesy here how does it look..?

Also another ren'shai in the house people, so go get him intiates cause heres your chance to dig into another disc..

*cuddles the Ren'Shai and passes around the tankards from her missing warder's stash*

Not like he's drinking it.. busy chasing kittens to eat, no doubt.

8 hours ago, Liitha said:

Well lets try this again

@ThorkinBarrimore comesy here how does it look..?

Also another ren'shai in the house people, so go get him intiates cause heres your chance to dig into another disc..

Oh now that DOES look nice! Especially that pool as it reminds me of the Moat on 

the old forums. How's everyone doing?

Posted (edited)

Hi there @haycraftd and @ThorkinBarrimore I'm your current houseguest, and are looking forward to get to know both you and the ren'shai😃 I heard you guys are into working out and being healthy? 

Edited by Lavandula

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Hi there @haycraftd and @ThorkinBarrimore I'm your current houseguest, and are looking forward to get to know both you and the ren'shai😃 I heard you guys are into working out and being healthy? 

Hello to you as well! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have and

welcome! 

Yeah, I try to live a well rounded lifestyle. I eat organic things and do my best to keep a proper exercise routine. 

Edited by ThorkinBarrimore

Hi so nice to meet you! I love working out too, and eating healthy is so important to me. I'm more relaxed about the organic foods, I prefere it, but not if it's wicket expensive. I do hope to make my own veggies and maybe strawberries when we move to a warmer place.😃

I read the ren'shai was into sports? Is it like watching or doing? 

Well, I know I sure am. I enjoy watching and competing in sports as it helps

keep me relaxed and focused. One of the things that drew me into the 

Ren'Shai Discipline was finding other people that felt the same way. Competition 

is good because if makes you better. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah I totally agree on the competition part, and I don't have anything against sports per se. I did play indoor hockey once upon a time (eons ago), and tae kwon do, and I also do dog sports, I just can't watch any type of sports (unless I know someone out there on the field) without falling asleep😄 

Hey what else are you up to? You mentioned eating healthy, you bake/cook a  lot? Or maybe keep  your own veggies? Foraging mushrooms and berries? Fishing? 

Oh and I'm really really really curious, anyone got a comment on that survival part?

Edited by Lavandula

16 hours ago, ThorkinBarrimore said:

Well, I know I sure am. I enjoy watching and competing in sports as it helps

keep me relaxed and focused. One of the things that drew me into the 

Ren'Shai Discipline was finding other people that felt the same way. Competition 

is good because if makes you better. 

Like facing off on the field of battle. With 49,000 Roman soldiers at your back and the sun glinting off of the Aufidis river. The lapping of the waters on the shore matching the steadfast heartbeat of anticipation for what was to come. It is a glorious day to die.

Haha, yes indeed, my old friend! That was quite an exciting day. 

@Lavandula Yeah, I really enjoy cooking. I spend a lot of time in Whole Food

Stores, Sprouts, and a few other local organic markets. It was hard to find

things to begin with but after finding these places it was a lot easier. I

actually made organic stuffing for Thanksgiving one year. 

Cool! I do a lot of cooking too (kitchen is my sanctuary in the house lol, I have been known to cook with the yoga math on the floor, music on high, dancing around or even do yoga while cooking😆), I'm not a fan of premade food from the store, they have so many strange stuff in it😛

guess we are kind of spoiled here, it's so easy choosing organic. You don't have to stress about it, cause it is so much of it, and it's mostly at the same price too, some products like the coconut oil, are only one brand wich is organic so..I would probably have stressed more if it wasn't so easy🙂

hey, I would love to get my hands on that stuffing recipe if you're sharing? 😋

I'm just about the exact opposite of that on food.  Never been a foodie. Let's call me a "Nutritiousie."

Now, sports--I've always had an odd relationship with them.  I've been "the athlete no one'd guess" on and off, particularly with a basketball and a frisbee--but never found the right sport for me.  Right now it's golf.  And I've found myself in many pubs around here explaining the NFL and baseball--I'm no good at them myself, but I know them.  

So, yeah.  Being healthy is one of the better things in life--it can be hard sometimes!  So stay it as best you can!  I'm sure you know a bit about my own situation, given that I've written about it so much.  But, so much of that past is vanishing as I'm writing and all's good.  

I'm just like you when it comes to sports and physical activities lol, well not because I didn't find the one that "is me", I found many I love, but I also like trying new things, and  guess also moved around a bit so not all places got same activities..are you a ren'shai then hay ( sorry! I feel I should know, but I must have forgotten if you chose a disc and if so wich)🙂

I am so glad to see you again, Thorkin. I hope you've been well. 

I am fat and sedentary. . . . . Looking forward to getting into a solid regimen soon. This one program I tried, and did well at!, was called The 21 Day Fix. Healthiest I think I've ever felt. I enjoyed the exercises. I enjoyed the portion control, did not enjoy a lot of the recipes so I am going to like 75% back into lol. Back to portioning and meal prep and back to the work outs. I am too young to feel this old. lol 

1 minute ago, Millon said:

Back to portioning and meal prep and back to the work outs. I am too young to feel this old. lol

Yeah! You go mills ( as soon as you and mini  mills are well ofcourse)!!!! Mealprep is the best👍

Do you currently meal prep? I'd love some tips because I suck at it. 

Yes, every Sunday😀 I find it's less food thrown away, easier to not snack when you are hungry cause the food is ready,  and you only buy what you need in the store. Sure what did you have in mind like recipes, or..? 

Recipes? How do you not get bored eating the same stuff? Things you tried that just never really worked? Foods that surprised you that you like but thought you never would? Any materials, sources or sites that you would recommend? What was your inspiration? Anything else you may want to add lol. 

Ah! I see🙂

Well take overnight oats you just varies with water and yoghurt, coconut milk, other types of milk, chopped nuts, seeds, different fruits, frozen berries etc.. Or smoothies, they are perfect to lure in veggies like those frozen cubes of chopped spinach, Brussel sprouts, carrots, (I swear my family don't even know what they eat half the time lol), and in a Ziploc bag they go. you basically just make the same but put in different variations or that's what I do at least😄

No, Lava, I haven't chosen, but probably should.  And--Ren'shai might be the way.

I'n sports, I've always faced the dilemma that I can throw anything and know where any ball/frisbee etc will be without fail, but I can't catch!  So I've always been a very good defensive player and the "athlete no one'd guess,"  but never been able to go anywhere near offense.  I've been trying out golf the last few years--I do very well with ping pong balls, and now I'm actually flexible enough to swing a club I might become good with real ones--but it has been one of the more mysterious paradoxes in my life.   

Cool! I think I will take my merry good time too😄 I find I have a little bit in common with everyone. I must say I got really excited about ren'shai too now though! I thought it was a group mostly focused on sports, but now I realized it's much broader than that😃 

I can't trow a frisbee if my life depended on it, I think I wanna practice though, so I can trow with our dog. Any suggestions or tips on teqniques? 

Posted (edited)

You've gotten me to take out my Frisbee, lol, thanks.  I'm not sure how clear I'll be.  But I'll give you 3 tips.

Throwing a Frisbee, the first step is to understand your arm and hand are supposed to carry the frisbee and hold it the right way, but they've got nothing to do with the power behind the throw.  That power should come from your body untwisting--shoulders and hips.  Get behind it.  If you rely too much on your arm, the frisbee has no power, you'll probably end up holding it too long, and it'll go where your arm tells it, not where your body tells it.   

Now, hold out your arm straight ahead shoulder height, palm up.  You want to throw the frisbee at that level, with that straight arm, and that's where you want your arm to release at the end of a throw.   

A final tip I can say right now is relax and stay loose.  If you try too hard, you don't manage it. 

Yup.  Thanks for tagging me, Lava.  You might have helped me find my chosen path.  :smile:           

Edited by haycraftd