DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wilf Scolding as Galad?

Dagon Thyne

1 hour ago, Denver Steve said:

Not a bad choice, as long as he's athletic enough to make it believable that's he's a highly gifted swordsman.

He might not be available because I think he's HBO's choice for their GOT Robert's Rebellion prequel series.  So HBO might end up signing him so he's under contract and they can keep him from signing onto shows that would interfere with their scheduling.  

23 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

He might not be available because I think he's HBO's choice for their GOT Robert's Rebellion prequel series.  So HBO might end up signing him so he's under contract and they can keep him from signing onto shows that would interfere with their scheduling.  

There's no Robert's Rebellion show in the works. The only prequel GoT prequel in the works currently is House of the Dragon a Targaryan focused show that will be pulling material from Fire and Blood.

On 12/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, Captainwilhelm96 said:

There's no Robert's Rebellion show in the works. The only prequel GoT prequel in the works currently is House of the Dragon a Targaryan focused show that will be pulling material from Fire and Blood.

They are planning to make one on Robert's Rebellion, and they may decide to contract him with so that hewill be available when they do.   If he signs wirh Amazon for WOT, he would't be able to do their show most likely.  HBO likes to sign people to no compete clauses to make sure they are available for future projects if they are sure that the person is their choice.

Like I said, Galad will probably be a recurring character for most of the series and even if they sign him to a maybe at some point in the future contract, Rheagar Targaryian might have more power. The mere fact that a Robert's Rebellion show would be not that long before GOT, HBO might not want to make it and most of the characters are dead not long into GOT.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, Dagon Thyne said:

They are planning to make one on Robert's Rebellion, and they may decide to contract him with so that hewill be available when they do.   If he signs wirh Amazon for WOT, he would't be able to do their show most likely.  HBO likes to sign people to no compete clauses to make sure they are available for future projects if they are sure that the person is their choice.

What's your source on that as the last that's been heard about such a show to my knowledge was GRRM shooting the idea down a few years ago.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, Captainwilhelm96 said:

What's your source on that as the last that's been heard about such a show to my knowledge was GRRM shooting the idea down a few years ago.

HBO owns the rights to screen adaptations of the series.  they can egally make any shows they want.  they do not need his consent to make an adaptation.  They simply are quoted to credit him and pay royalties.  just like Sony doesn't need Marval comic consent toake Spiderman movies because they own the rights

"We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale."

GRRM May 14, 2017  source is https://grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html 

I haven't seen anything more recent from GRRM or HBO on the possibility of a Robert's Rebellion show if there is please post it.