DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Citadel [Attn: Jatasha & Open]

Guest Estel

Guest Estel

It wasn’t until they finally cleared the last few trees that Carnhain finally grinned at the sight of his home. Despite being only half-finished, the Citadel rose, the foundation for a mighty stone mountain akin to its backdrop: the Mountains of Mist. No snow capped its not-quite mighty peaks but rather Ogier stood on the precarious heights pounding away at enormous boulders that seemed to fly up to the top, seemingly from nowhere. Carnhain knew that far below, on the ground, stood a group of probably three black-coated men staring intently at the stone as it climbed an invisible ladder.

Even from this distance, sounds floated to their ears, carried by the strong, cold wind from the mountains. The sound of thousands of wooden practice lathes blended together and was diluted by distance so that it sounded like one great fight, rather than hundreds of smaller spars. If he strained his ears, Carnhain thought he could hear Jak o’ the Shadows floating about the sounds of the army.

Turning to Jatasha, he smiled. “Welcome to the Citadel, permanent residence of the Band of the Red Hand. What do you think?” Before she could even answer, Carnhain turned back to the woods still at their backs and shouted out. “What’s happened since I left?”

A moment later, a man walked out of the woods, dressed in forest greens and browns, armed with a longbow and two visible dirks. “Not much Lieutenant.” he gave Jatasha a curious glance, which Carnhain ignored for the present.

“Where are the rest?”

“Returned to their patrol when your horse was recognized.”

“No my stunningly good looks?”

The Scout laughed. “Some times I wonder why Kedyn puts up with you.”

Carnhain grinned. “I suppose I’ll be reporting to the Captain General then, get back to your patrol and I’ll pass your name on to Kedyn?”

“Sam Trent.”

Nodding, Carnhain took Black Fire’s reigns once more and led Jatasha into the busy streets of the Citadel.

Jatasha didn't know what to think. Her thoughts about Carnhain were a jumble that she wasn't sure she wanted to sort out and the new surroundings didn't help her any. What they were working on was impressive and she realized that it would take some time to see it all, but if there were that many people here, what help could she be? In truth, she wanted to be away from her old profession but in a place like this, what else could she do? Still, she held her head up high as they made through the streets, Carnhain leading the way.

"So this is the place you call home?" She asked with a smile when Carnhain looked back at her. "It's very impressive. Do you think... do you think there might be a place for me somewhere?" She asked softly.

Jatasha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Estel

Carnhain grinned proudly. Home: the only he had truly known and he would give everything to keep it safe. “This is the Citadel. That’s the Red Keep they’re working on up there.” he said pointing out the mountain of stone climbing slowly but inexorably towards the sky as if it envied its mountain backdrop’s heights and was determined to reach equality.

“A place?” he repeated the question, unsure as to what exactly she meant. “Well, the city’s growing daily and there is no shortage of work as a tavern maid or such.” he suddenly remembered the multitudes of female Banders and stuttered apologetically to cover his mistake. “And there’s always the Band. There are as many female Scouts and Medics as males and there a number of women in the other corps as well. Not that that’s the only place... it’s just that... I, uh... didn’t mean to...” he closed his mouth quickly before he could sound even more like a bumbling idiot.

Jatasha listened as he spoke, unease creeping further and further into her heart. There were other women in the Band, and he said taverns and that sort, but she didn't know where she would fit. A tavern might be nice. She had enjoyed working at the one in Illian, at least until she had started making a few extra coins with their customers and had been kicked out of the Inn for it. Still she might find work along those lines.

She nodded though she felt like she was being lost. Once their journey ended, Carnhain would have no reason to seek her out again and though she barely knew him, she didn't want to lose contact with him. He had saved her and though they had only shared one night, he had treated her gently and kind.

"It do sound like I might be able to find someplace." She said, giving him a small smile. "I do no know if I have any talents to join the Band, but I do think I might be finding something for a little while anyway. But... I do think I would like to be seeing you again." She thought he might think her too foreward but after last night she couldn't really argue the point. "If you think you do be wanting to see me again, that is."

Jatasha :P

Guest Estel

Carnhain didn’t know how to respond. It wasn’t the question of whether he wanted to see her again- he did want to see her again. Instead, he wasn’t sure if it was a good idea. Was she just asking to see him again because she had to after... what they... he had done? And what about him? Light, they had only known each other for a few hours and then he had...

On the other hand, she had given him comfort when he needed it and not judged his weakness. There had been no hesitation when she wrapped her arms around him or when he had kissed her. He was unsure as to what they were after last night, but while a part of him was still the scared rejection-fearing boy, the rest of him wanted to find out what happened now enough to risk rejection.

Nervously and more than a bit awkwardly, he took her hand, smiling. “I’d like that.”

Jatasha was heartened by his hand in her own and she smiled warmly at him. "So, where do we be going now? Do you have to be reporting in?"

She didn't know anything about the Band of the Red Hand or of military camps in general. She had known her share of soldiers and guards in her time and found that while most were a bit rough, they were generally generous to her profession and showed small bits of kindness to them. Of course, they other type were hard to handle and there were some that were so used to the violent life that even to lay with them became a violent affair. She didn't know what to expect within the Citadel though and she was more than little nervous about it.

Jatasha Danica

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Estel

Carnhain grinned shrugging. “Technically I should be reporting in immediately, but it’s unlikely they’ll miss me for a few hours. In the meantime, no doubt you’re hungry- I am. Care to head down to the tavern?” As he turned to lead her towards the city, he realized he was still holding her hand. He was self-conscious in letting go, scared to rip his hand away for fear of offending her yet careful not to linger to long lest… lest what? They’d already slept together, how could he be worrying about being embarrassed to be holding her hand to long when the memory of last night flashed through his mind every time he looked at her or thought of her?

The tavern- there were many in the city now, but “the tavern” was the one the officers generally frequented- was a ten minute walk through the streets that were beginning to crowd with the waves of immigrants coming for work in the “new city”. Entering, he directed Jatasha over to a table near the windows before giving Mari, the serving girl and a friend of his, orders for food and drinks and handing her the money for both his and Jatasha’s meals.

With Mari gone to get their food ready, Carnhain made an attempt at conversation. “You never did tell me how the daughter of a Tinker woman ends up, alone, in Baerleon.”

His first words made her fear that their time was up, but as he said they wouldn't miss him for a while, she smiled. She nodded at the mention of food and though she was nervous enough that food seemed a foreign concept, she knew she'd probably eat a trolloc if it meant sitting with Carnhain for a while before moving on.

It wasn't just that she hoped to find something different here. The Light knew she had been trying for the past 2 years to get her way off the streets, no matter where they were, but she was a simple girl. She had grown up a whore and had thought to spend her life that way. When her father had taken ill and passed on, it was the end to a prison sentence she hadn't been aware she had. There was nothing else for her to do and no where had she gone that had tried to see her for more or help her become something else. Instead she had travelled from place to place, whoring when she needed the coin and leaving when she had enough to travel again. This seemed like as good a place as any to try, and though her experience told her it was like any other, she couldn't get rid of the hope that always came with a new place. Maybe this time, she could get it right.

As the entered the tavern she took a seat where Carnhain suggested and waited as he spoke to a serving girl. Her eyes narrowed slightly as the girl looked her way, a bit of jealousy flaring in her that Jatasha wasn't accustomed to. She pulled her eyes away from the girl as Carnhain sat down. She smiled warmly at him, still uncertain how this stranger had come to be her lover when so few in all her years had.

“You never did tell me how the daughter of a Tinker woman ends up, alone, in Baerleon.”

It was an honest question and one she had heard often enough. This was the first time she had ever really been afraid of the reception of her answer though. Light, she might be young in age, but experience had taught her more than her age revealed. Why was this one man making her such a mess?

"My mother died when I be a youngthing still and it be just my father and me. When he did pass away a few years back I do be deciding to get out of the Perfumed Quarters and try to see what the world be like." She gave him a small smile. "I just be traveling, looking for someplace that do feel right." She shrugged. She didn't know how he would react to what she had to say, but it was better to know now than later. "When I be younger, I did work the streets in the Perfumed Quarters. When I did be leaving Illian that be left behind as well. I do still be looking for a place to call home, a place that do be offering a better life. I no have had any luck. Perhaps the pattern be woven so that I will no be happy, but I keep trying anyway." She said, giving him a smile.

There. It was said. If he chose to pick up on what she had told him he could. If he chose to never see her again because she had been a whore then he had that choice. Light, she only hoped he didn't think that was what last night had been.

Jatasha Danica

Guest Estel

To say that Carnhain wasn’t shocked by Jatasha’s revelation would have been a lie but the young man took it in stride, a widening of his eyes the only visible sign that this was anything out of the ordinary. Once more, the parallels he could draw between them astounded him: neither having any family but themselves, both having been forced to demean themselves simply to survive. However, unlike his reaction to his traumatic upbringing, she seemed to maintain a certain optimism despite her circumstances and he felt himself drawn to that part of her as it was a strength he himself lacked.

Having heard her story, he was briefly tempted to return the favour but rejected the idea. Unlike with most others, he didn’t fear half-hidden disparagement or pity and he didn’t fear opening himself up to her either, instead, he felt there was no need to try and redirect the attention back to himself- a rare occurrence as he generally sought out attention.

“The Band is made up of all sorts of reformed vagrants who come here to find a new life.” Without realizing it, he placed his hand atop hers in an unconscious gesture to comfort. “This is the ideal place to start fresh and you already have at least one friend.” he faltered over the word friend, not exactly sure whether the night before complicated that term.

The light tough of his hand made her smile. He had practically run from her touch the night before at one point. It seemed some sort of circle had been completed and another beginning. Last night, she had been so sure of herself and in control when he had been in need. Now she found herself in need of comfort and Carnhain was reaching out almost without notice.

The fact that he took her words with so little reaction was good, though she feared it might rear it's head again before all was said and done. It always seemed to. Still, she would take what she could get. Life had never been overly generous to her and if all she got were a few days time getting to know Carnhain she would take them and be happy for the memories later.

Her smile grew a little larger at his last words. "Yes, I do be having one person to call a friend at the least." She wondered if she would ever explain to him what the night with him had meant but she thought perhaps if she told him now he wouldn't really be able to understand. Sometime, she'd find a way before they were forced to go separate ways, but not yet. "This place do look good for a fresh start. There be so many people here, and it looks like many do be new like me. Maybe the Band be something for me. I have no held a sword before, but I do know a thing or two about knife work." She said, thinking of her worst days on the street with a small shiver.

Jatasha Danica

Guest Estel

Carnhain’s eyes widened slightly in surprise. Had he not been so naïve, he would have figured she would know a few tricks to protect herself but as it was he was still very ignorant of just what sort of living conditions she would have been forced to live through. Likely if he had known, he would not have been so quick to wallow in self-pity over his own past.

When she had smiled at the touch of her hand, he surprised himself by keeping it there rather than ripping it away in embarrassment. Rather, he enjoyed the connection to another human being- and particularly Jatasha. It seemed their positions had been reversed from the night before and he was now the one instigating touch and conversation. Not only that, but he found himself being the comforter and protector. It was a foreign feeling but one that felt “right” at the same time.

“How well can you throw a knife?” he asked, grinning as he glanced at the dartboard in the corner of the tavern.

Knife play in the streets and tavern games were two completely different things, she had come to understand early on. Knife play tended to happen with no warning and you only cut your way out until you could run. Tavern games, on the other hand, were right up Jatasha's alley. She could dice well and even knew how to play cards from her time working at the Inn, before she had starting taking a little extra coin from the lordlings there and had been sent back to the streets for it. She smiled at Carnhain. "I do no know if I do be as good as all that, but it do be a fun way to pass some time." She said.

"You do be having to keep score for me though. I have been to too many places and they do be scoring differently everywhere I went. And..." She leaned in closer, speaking soft enough only he could hear her. "you do no mention a wager. What fun be games without a wager?" She asked with a wink. Light, she slept with the man when she'd barely known his name and now she was flirting with him. Flirting with him and enjoying it. Flirting and wanting him to play along for as long as he would.

Jatasha Danica

Guest Estel

He blushed at the closeness of her lips to his ear. All the same, he couldn’t help but take her up on her challenge; not just the wager, but the flirting as well. Everything about this very odd relationship was backwards. Despite being completely naïve in the wisdom of relationship, even he knew that the flirting usually came before the sex- not after.

“A wager, hmm…” His attempt at audacity was somewhat ruined by the pink that still held to his cheeks. For the thousandth time that day, memories of the night before flashed through his mind, but now they weren’t reacted to with shame or embarrassment; Carnhain couldn’t quite describe what he felt about it now. While he didn’t think he was ready to repeat last night’s actions, he did know that if he didn’t play his cards right here, he wouldn’t be able to see her nearly as often as he wanted to.

“Let’s say that if I win, you have to with me to dinner tomorrow night.” Butterflies twisted around in his stomach as he waited for Jatasha’s reply.

Try as she might, she couldn't keep her smile from growing wider at his wager. She still hadn't been sure if he'd want to see her now that he knew what she had been doing and now that they were at the Citadel where it would be easy enough to dump her off and let her go her way. His wager implied that he wanted to see her and it made her smile. Pure and simple, which few things in her life were, but she wanted him to want to see her again and it made her really happy to know he did.

Light, she was getting a little screwy about this one man and she didn't know how to stop it or even if she wanted to. She knew she should. She knew from the past that she was just going to get herself hurt again, but she had never been the kind to let that change her course. She wanted to be happy and she was going to let it happen as long as she could.

A million wagers shot through her head, getting more and more risque until they reached the level of raunchy but she knew that none would get her anywhere with Carnhain. Still, she settled her mind into something that he knew and she didn't, a way to ask for something he could give that would allow her to seem him more. Even if she lost, he might consider it anyway. At least she hoped he would.

"And if I win, you do be having to teach me how to defend myself better." She said, her smile still wide. She resisited the urge to add 'naked' onto the end of the sentence, but she figured she could always work that in after the fact if it felt right. "Agreed?" She asked.

Kedyn had only been in the room for a few minutes, sneaking in for a little get away from the hustle and bustle of the Citadel..but already he was getting a good chuckle from watching Carnhain and this mystery woman. To say that Carnhain was awkward around women was a....large overstatement. "Mari." Kedyn turned his head as his old time friend raised a questioning eyebrow at him. Kedyn nodded towards the pair and she simply shrugged and went about he buisness. Thanks. Even his minds voice sounded sarcastic.

Kedyn smiled as he saw an opportunity to find out who this person was. Rude perhaps, butting into their conversation, but Carnhain would need help to stay above the water he was swimming in now and well...Kedyn was always too curious for his own good.

He took step closer and raised his voice a bit, "Honestly miss...Carnhain teaching you how to defend yourself better would just be you just ending up watching his back for a while, he just seems to be able to run away." Kedyn held out a knife for his friend and brother. "But at least let him hope he'll beat you." Kedyn winked at her and stood back.

Kedyn

OOC: Hope you guys don' mind, you looked lonely :D

Jatasha wasn't sure what to say when the other man jumped into their conversation. In fact she was about to be offended on Carnhain's behalf but when she looked at her lover there was something about the way he looked at the other man. Something that said she had best tread lightly. She wasn't sure what the look was, didn't know him well enough to judge that yet, but there was fondness there she knew. She could see it even if the rest was unreadable.

She didn't know what to do but she decided she'd let the man know exactly where she stood here and now. It might make things easier or harder, but she'd never been afraid to stand up to things she didn't understand. Light, that really seemed to be one of her biggest problems but she was who she was and it was too late to change that. Standing and walking around the man that had joined them, she motioned for him to take her seat. She then firmly planted herself on Carnhain's lap.

"I do be Jatasha, a friend of Carnhain's. Who do you be?" She asked.

Jatasha

Guest Estel

Carnhain wasn’t entirely sure whether he had expected or wanted something more or something else from Jatasha’s wager. He had no problem teaching her, particularly because it was her, but… Well, his wager was something of a date, he had kind of expected something along those lines. Not that he was complaining, mind you, it was just that… Bah, he didn’t know.

The arrival of Kedyn was both unexpected and, well, embarrassing. Nothing against Jatasha, but he would have told Kedyn in his own time… Likely that night but… ‘Light blind me, I sound like a control freak. Relax stupid. If anyone understands it’ll be Kedyn.’ Unfortunately, the Scout understood too well and with tables reversed, took up Carnhain’s former favourite pass-time: teasing the couple. ‘Damn you karma!’

Lost in his complete confusion, the cavalryman lost track of the conversation. He was abruptly brought back into it by the light thwump of Jatasha dropping into his lap. Blushing bright red, and giving his best friend a good fit of giggles, Carnhain notes that there seemed to be some sort of friction between the two and immediately set about easing it. Feeling decidedly embarrassed that he had been embarrassed to have Jatasha in his lap, he quickly tried to drain the colour from his cheeks and deftly circled his arms around her small waist.

“Heya Kedyn!” exclaimed the blonde man as if he had just noticed him now. “Jatasha, this is my “brother”. Don’t mind him, he’s just jealous ‘cuz I always beat him at the Trench. He’s a scout and so he can laugh about my defending myself all he wants, he doesn’t need to, he just runs away.”

Jatasha didn't understand most of the teasing between the two because she didn't know the first thing about military of any kind. However, she did understand the term brother. She remembered Carnhain talking the night before about finding a family within the Band of the Red Hand and she had started off by getting all defensive with the first real person she'd met.

She thought about getting up and trying to make some sort of amends but Carnhain had surprised her and wrapped his arms around her waist and she wasn't ready to leave that just yet. She wasn't sure how long it would be before she would feel that again, if ever.

"it do be a pleasure to meet you Kedyn." Jatasha said, hoping that he would not take offense at her earlier behavior. Light, she'd just pretty much thrown herself at Carnhain without understand what was happening around them. She really was going to have to learn to think before she acted. "You be a scout?" She asked, hoping she'd heard right. "I do no be knowing much about military but I be thinking I do be learning more while I be here." She looked at Carnhain then. "I do no know what duty be yours here." She realized suddenly, her face flushing slightly. Light, she had slept with the man, made him a lover instead of a client, and she didn't know the first thing about him. And now she was blushing. "And what be the Trenches?"

Guest Estel

Carnhain grinned kindly, surprised to see Jatasha blush- perhaps he had been a bit too forward wrapping his arms around her like that… but no, her body was relaxed against his chest and she made no attempt at moving from her position. “I’m an officer in the Band’s cavalry. My rank as Lieutenant puts me as second-in-command of a battalion, Thunder Battalion in my case. Each Battalion consists of usually five platoons, each platoon with some hundred men. Also, I am a member of the Red Arms, which are the Band’s policing system. It’s not a terribly difficult task, usually its staying mostly sober in the various taverns and making sure the men don’t fight over pretty women, like yourself.” He, Carnhain, was shamelessly flirting after a day of deep crimson blushes. Life moved fast.

“As for the Trenches, they are something of a tradition. Basically it’s a Band-wide night off where the entire army gathers for a night of drinking and swordplay- usually with a few brawls on the side. Kedyn and I have something of a bad reputation there, don’t we brother?” This he accompanied with a guilty grin. It was rare that he made light of the circumstances of the Trenches, nearly killing one’s best friend usually didn’t make for great memories, but the mood between himself and these two specific people was such that he could very well have made light of anything and everything.

Kedyn laughed with a wide grin as Carnhian told of their exploits in the Trench. It hadn't gone good both time they had been in it together. The first they had tried to kill each other, and the second..well Kedyn had been so deeply into his depression that he had given up in the fight and helped to worsen the pair's relationship during that turbulent time.

"Bad? Hah, I think that would be putting it mildly." Kedyn raised his chin so Jatasha could see the apple of his neck where the faint line of a scar from Carnhain's bandages could still be seen. "My brother here gave me this the first time we went in it together. He's a wild one this one."

"And I do be a Scout and a rather unlucky one...I'm in charge of the Fox's which you'll learn eventually has more women in it alone than the entire infantry division." Kedyn exaggerated a role of his eyes as he grinned at Jatasha. "The Scouts are the eyes and ears of this humble place...we find the enemy and then do the smart thing. Let those horse loving Cavalry charge in to die for us." Kedyn winked as he poked fun at his brother, the endless friendly rivalry they had over their respective corps still maintained after so long.

Kedyn wasn't all too sure to say at the moment which was a surprised. He was calculating Jatasha to himself, trying to find anything she might be hiding, brought upon by his protective nature over Carnhain. Carnhain had always been a fragile person, and Kedyn was feeling the big brother in his need to protect him with this woman he seemed to infatuated with. "Though it seems Carnhain will soon be recognizing my pain...and lucky for him you didn't have to run in on him bathing to become a friend." Kedyn gave a knowing look with Carnhain at the inside jest of how he and Lavena had met first, settling back in his chair as he decided he was glad he had stepped in for at least a moment.

Kedyn

She truly didn't understand these two men at all, she realized as she listened back and forth. They were talking about past history and inside information that she couldn't follow, but what she did understand was body language and the easy way they spoke to one another. If Kedyn was a good friend to Carnhain she'd find a way to make friends with him too.

All the talk of military though was going over her head. Perhaps if she could see them working or... training. That's what she had heard about. Training. Maybe then it would sink in. She'd have to ask if he would mind her watching sometime. She wouldn't want to be a distraction but she would like to get to know the place she was in better. See where she could fit in best.

"So there be scouts and cavalry here. What else do there be?" She asked, trying to work the conversation back to something that she felt she could handle.

Jatasha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Estel

Carnhain nearly choked on his own laughter remembering his first meeting with Lavena, Kedyn’s former lover who had died in the Siege of Cairhien. At the same time, there was a certain irony that though he had certainly not met Jatasha in the bathhouse as he had Lavena, he had ended up naked anyway. He shot Kedyn an embarrassed smile that his friend did not see.

“Well besides the glorious and omnipotent cavalry and the cowardly scouts, there’s the infantry who I suggest you avoid unless you’d like your nose rearranged,” Carnhain rubbed his own crooked nose, broken by an infantryman’s fist some time back and then re-broken in a tavern brawl “as well as the archers and medics. The last two aren’t bad groups on a whole, but they, of course, fall far short of the awesome cavalry.” A broad grin split his sun-darkened face.

“So, are we going to get back to our dart game that Kedyn so rudely interrupted?” laughed the cavalryman.

"I be ready for that game, though I do no mind learning more about the Band sometime." She said to Carnhain, hoping he wouldn't think she was some lightskirt with no brains in her head. So she was a girl for hire but she was smart and no one who knew her for more than a quick tumble knew that.

She smiled at Kedyn. "You do be welcome to stop by anytime though. I do be interested in getting to know Carnhain's friends and you do be seeming to be of interest." She said with a wink. She turned her eyes back to Carnhain then. "Now, we do be having a wager I think."

Jatasha

It seemed Kedyn's time in this conversation was coming to a close, and Kedyn was glad to accept that. It was good of Carnhain to have finally found someone that would give him more than the familial type of love or affection that his soldier friends gave him, and one outside the killing of their lives. And it was always good to have time alone to let that relationship go.

"Well I shall leave you too to your little games...just make sure to make it inside somewhere before your hands go to...other...darts," He said with a wink at Jatasha and a wicked grin aimed towards Carnhain. "I shall take you up on your invite sometime soon Jatasha, I would like to spend some time with someone my friend has come to like so much." Kedyn nodded once and turned to begin to leave, thinking over what had just happened. He was still feeling the protectiveness over Carnhain.

Kedyn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Estel

Estel

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007

He managed a rather embarrassed laugh in response to Kedyn’s rather blunt statement but only waved vaguely at him as his friend left, more preoccupied with grinning mischievously at Jatasha than following formalities with a friend who had forgiven him for far more than a missed good-bye.  “Indeed our wager.  Ladies first.” he said with mock chivalry holding out both sets of darts for her to choose a colour.

Carnhain threw first.  With a horse bow, he would have had little problem hitting the bullseye consistently from across the room and he was a good shot with any other bow as well.  Knives and darts, on the other hand, weren’t his specialty.  Being smaller and weaker than most men, he didn’t have the power to physically overcome a man at close range without the benefit of a sword to put some distance in between and was too proud for the cowardly, at least in his opinion, darts.  So while the cavalry had certainly played a number of dart games in his years with the Band, he was too proud and preoccupied with more glamorous swordwork to put any real effort into improving his aim with objects not launched with a bow.  This put him at only a decent player for any city tavern but a much weaker player in the Band where such things as knives and darts were some people’s line of work.

TaeaDawn

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007

Jatasha watched Cairhain's friend depart and was a bit surprised by his parting comments. The way Cairhain seemed to color at mostly innocent comments, she was certain his friend must have known it would make the same happen. He was either playing friendly or trying to embarrass him. She decided to take it as simply being playful since Cairhain didn't seem upset by it, but she decided she should keep an eye on this so-called family of his. She wouldn't want to see Cairhain keeping with people that didn't care for him the way he deserved.

She turned her attention back to the man at her side though as he gave her a choice of darts. When he made his first throw, she smiled over at him and winked. "Now we do be seeing how you Cavalry boys really be." She said in a light, teasing tone.

Of course she might have the advantage on him. She had spent many a night passing her time waiting for clients playing this sort of game. He on the other hand he was a soldier who could just be letting her win as well. She wasn't sure if she liked that or not. On one hand, if he won, she got to go to dinner with him but on the other, if she won she would get to spend more time with him then just one night. Light, she was a whore… why was she having such problems throwing herself at this one man? She didn't know, but instead of brood on it anymore, she took her turn at the dart board.