DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Lavandula

December sweets

The peaceful time of Advent is upon us, and I wanna know what is your favorite christmas cookies? Also feel free to tell about your family traditions around baking for christmas. Do you get toghether with a bunch of family and/or friends, bake with your kids, or just on your own with Christmas music in the background? *christmas hugs from lava*

Edited by Lavandula

i done all of the forementioned lol, all has their charm too,  but been a few years since i baked with several people now and somewhat miss it. 

My daughter and I bake together for Christmas. We were just talking about making cookies yesterday. I want to make snickerdoodles really badly. She wants to make sugar cookies with colored sugar on top. I guess we'll do both. 

Danish butter cookies! Though it's been years since anyone's given us any for Christmas, sadly. It used to be the thing to do.

Also, Scottish shortbread. Yum.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Caldazar al'Aemon said:

Men in Black II

download (1).jpeg

actually thats the first MIB

my sis goes on a cookie baking spree leading up to Christmas, we have our standards: peanut butter, chocolate chip, russian tea cakes, oatmeal chocolate chip, snicker doodles, sugar cookies (with spices and lemon), gingerbread cookies. cranberry orange cookies.

then we try and try a new type of cookie each year too. 

How about candy what candy is a must? 

Pepermint bark? Candy cane? Marzipan?