DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
LilyElizabeth

Mashi!!!!

Lily!  You are so sweet!  Hopefully my lateness implies most of the answer and not that I was hiding from you!  *lol*

It’s been a rollercoaster.  I LOVE the teaching aspect, but it’s the kids that are getting to me!  Most are sweet, but when you put them in a group they turn into raging, hormonal lunatics!  

I haven’t quit yet, so that’s saying something.  And I’m building a relationship with many of the kiddos.  My admin team is AMAZING so a lot of the disciplinary actions are above my pay grade.  Working with math everyday is a dream!  I’m thinking I might get my masters in math instead of math ed so I can teach college level.   Not sure if that would be better or worse....

I always felt that I would rather teach on the college level because the students had to pay to be there, which might make them a little more committed. Plus, there is a lot less government paperwork, I'd think. 

Heck yeah!  And we’re so close to each other! Let’s do it!

Yes, your reasons for college are accurate.  There’s a lot less hand holding.  I think it would be amazing to teach people with a bit more comprehension.  But maybe I need to work in baby steps.  I really love my school and my team but I can’t get my education degree here because I’m not teaching 6th grade or higher.  I could transfer to the upper school, but only if my principal lets me.