DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
IdleCuriosity

Greyt Thanksgiving Recipes for Gatherings

Hey Tower!

Thanksgiving in the USA is coming up. It's a time for people getting together and eating So Much food! 

Break out your recipes to feed crowds, your favorite people pleasers, and your prize potluck* contributions!

Table_GFC.jpg

*i think potluck might be a term that changes depending where you are. if you have a different term for a meal where every one brings a dish to share, tell us that too!

Ok I dont have many recepies but I know one how to make a good and not dry turkey

Find cooking time based on weight, shove a big lump of butter inside it, put on whatever herbs or stuff like garlic, inside or outsie pending of type and what works

But make sure to have enough butter inside.

Nodnods

What a nice looking table you set for us Idle!

Well since it's shortage of food in the world,  I always like the "use it all mentality" also for Thanksgiving.

The neck (from the giblets bag) I basically just cook in water, some spices/herbs and salt and freeze down for chicken soup later on (broth is that what you call it?)

The liver and heart I fry in the stuffing, with bacon, mushrooms, walnuts, bread squares, turkey meat, sour cream, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper ( sorry I can't give any measures I just usually go by taste, looks, and smell. haha)

that's cool @Lavandula, making the most of what you have.

And your turkey sounds amazing @Liitha. I think most people make the mistake of not doing anything to their meat, especially if they roast it for a long time. It doesn't have to be too fancy, like when we roast a gammon we always wrap it in foil for most of it's cooking time to keep all those lovely juices in.

I think I would bring a bake of some kind. Maybe brownies or banana bread because those are both quite easy to make.

My favorite is roasted veggies

I chop root vegetables and squash into sizes about as big as my thumb, and then definitely add an onion cut into big chunks. coat that all in olive oil, and add salt

roast it at 375 F for an hour

I usually add garlic and cumin to my roasted vegetables too