DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Maera

How did You meet & Choose a warder?

Hi lovely greens,

as an aspie who knows the greens love a warder or two...well the book greens ;) I was wondering if anyone could share how they decided on a warder and how y'all got to know eachother - would love to hear your stories

I love this topic! My first Warder and I met as aspies. (He's still a Manshima... but no longer active.) We flirted shamelessly and it was no surprise to anyone that we bonded. My second Warder and I became great friends during an emotional crisis of mine. The first person I bonded (AS to AS) who was like a little brother to me, disappeared without a trace. It turns out he had a life-changing tragedy, but at the time, I just knew that my brother wasn't there anymore. All in all it was a horrible situation. Thorkin talked with me every night and kept me emotionally afloat. (That was also during the time that my bipolar disorder was kicking my butt.) We first bonded as souvras, but later changed it to AS/Warder. They have both gone inactive, and I really do miss having a Warder around. 

I waited a long time for a Warder. Bonding should be a serious thing and not taken lightly.

Ours is a strong friendship with common interests and interests in things that aren’t common.

We interacted for quite a while previous to bonding. Our expectations were clear prior to entering the Bond.

As Captain General, I choose only one Warder. As Greens, we have a reputation for more than one but I have no need or want of another.

On 11/25/2019 at 5:34 AM, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

But as to a Warder... (Keeps watch for a good candidate.)

*nods*

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aaf7d09befc53e3679d

I only have one bonded and that is my Warder and husband _wolfbrother_. I met him here when I had finished the books and had joined the Tower. I was actually on the Warder path but ended up switching to the AS path. Even though I knew I wanted him as my Warder, just like I knew I wanted to marry him when we met in person, a year and a half later after meeting on here, I still put quite a bit of thought into it. Most of it was overthinking but it was a highly emotional decision for us.

I'm sorry to hear that your bondeds have been inactive Lily. *hugs* I can harass Thorkin to stop in if you like though.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, Lessa Nikia said:

I only have one bonded and that is my Warder and husband _wolfbrother_. I met him here when I had finished the books and had joined the Tower. I was actually on the Warder path but ended up switching to the AS path. Even though I knew I wanted him as my Warder, just like I knew I wanted to marry him when we met in person, a year and a half later after meeting on here, I still put quite a bit of thought into it. Most of it was overthinking but it was a highly emotional decision for us.

I'm sorry to hear that your bondeds have been inactive Lily. *hugs* I can harass Thorkin to stop in if you like though.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

Naw, that's okay. I have him on Facebook and could harass him myself. 

*Slides in, grabs popcorn, and listens intently* 

*Is Happily Hugged* Well, it's good to be back. It's nice to meet you all as well. 

I used to visit the Greens quite a lot back in the day. Hope your 2020 is starting

out good. 

My 2020 has so much potential! I'll be moving into a house big enough for my family. And other blessings are headed my way this year. Now, if I can just get through the next two college classes. They're going to be boring ones. 

😍

I’m hoping for good things this year for all of us.

We are getting lots of rain. I have wTer in my garage.

Watching Supernatural and then Evil tonight.

I remember how I looked forward to Fridays.

For me, it's a 3-day weekend, too. Today, I'm going to meet my boyfriend's mother. We've been together almost 2 years, so I guess it's time.