DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Elaevia

Artists, I need your help!

I've been given a small drawinh tablet as a gift, and I downloaded Sketchbook, the only thing is by drawing skills are shaky at best.

Can any one recommend any you tube vids on how to get the best out the programme / some good drawing tutorials?

What kind of brand and such is the tablet? 

Honestly, starting with basic lines, circles and other things that helps build strong muscle memory is the best way to get started. Software wise, i've never used Sketchbook and only have a Wacom Intos that I use with Photoshop.

I'll see if i can locate some for you, but may take me a bit to weed out the crap ones.

The only thing I can remember from drawing tablet I had was to zoom in on screen and not try to deal with too big an area at time as the size difference between pad and what it covered on screen meant it was hard to get details right

it's a wacom intuos pen and touch small.

that's  the thing @Arie there will be loads out there but I'm not sure what 'good' looks like. I will start doodling shapes though

that's a great tip, @Liitha thank you. I think i will need to do that because the drawing surface is about A5 size or so

Yeah, I just used mine with gimp as I partly draw on pad, then use layers and draw parts digitally and just generally manipulate to color in and such

Sign in to follow this