DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Calindra

In the Dead of Night

I didn't exactly know where to post this, but since the Reds are all about our passions / feelings,  I thought I'd share this here.

It's often when we're awake in the dead of night as we finally slow down that the need for introspection arises (at least for me). Facing a white page, or some hardship in our lives as we reflect on a fleeting feeling -- whatever it is  --trying to make sense of it all.

That's usually when I'll write, and often when I want / need to keep that nostalgic feeling, or sense of amusement, etc, so that I can write and put it to paper.  Often, I'll resort to a theme playlist to keep on track. 

The following list is my most recent and personal playlist for spewing things onto those blank pages and creative writing:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/75eWUnekSJ40VVbQqqACsj?si=2Pi4hRL_T6eJbps4sRzHzw

It's mainly inspired from techno sounds due to my Star Wars phase, and I'll probably try another list for Fantasy writing.  ?

Anyways, what do you turn to for your own creativity or when the need for introspection arises?

Cali

Edited by Calindra

Interesting topic, Calindra!

I still have my story in my head - the one that I'm going to write.

My thing that I do when it's the quiet time of the night and I'm awake, is fantasize a story thread. I don't know how else to explain it. It's like day-dreaming, in a way.

Currently I will like there and plan what I would do if some massive disaster struck, like a world wide ice/snow storm that kills off most people. Survival strategies. This was brought about by the series my sister is writing, and which I help edit.

5 minutes ago, Elgee said:

Currently I will like there and plan what I would do if some massive disaster struck, like a world wide ice/snow storm that kills off most people. Survival strategies. This was brought about by the series my sister is writing, and which I help edit.

Ummm...you daydream...about world disasters..at night? Yeah I wouldn't get to sleep either.. ?

I find that I'm often in my head too! LOL. Lately though, it's more to sort my feelings, like double checking if my head is in agreement with my heart. 

That said, I totally get how you'd fantasize about events and develop them,  I'll often do that too! "What if... this or that..." or "picture it, Sicily,  1938..."

My favourite is taking a certain point in time and then twisting it around: What would have happened if JFK had survived? What if Napoleon had succeeded invading the UK, or... or...

LoL I usually don't get further than looting the local dried fruit shop before I fall asleep.

If Napolean had succeeded in invading the UK, he'd have taken over England and then thanked his lucky stars that the Romans already built a wall to keep the Scots out. ? We're not picky who we stab.

The dried fruit shop... lmao I loves you. ?

I tend to just write, with traditional pen and paper. Like a brain dump. I don't care about structure or logic or anything sensible. It allows me to quieten my brain. I sift through it all later for anything I can use.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:38 PM, Calindra said:

I find that I'm often in my head too! LOL. Lately though, it's more to sort my feelings, like double checking if my head is in agreement with my heart. 

That said, I totally get how you'd fantasize about events and develop them,  I'll often do that too! "What if... this or that..." or "picture it, Sicily,  1938..."

My favourite is taking a certain point in time and then twisting it around: What would have happened if JFK had survived? What if Napoleon had succeeded invading the UK, or... or...

Did u read the temeraire series its based on what if dragons were part of our world during napoleons war. 

One of my fav series of later years

On 11/21/2019 at 5:52 PM, Taymist said:

If Napolean had succeeded in invading the UK, he'd have taken over England and then thanked his lucky stars that the Romans already built a wall to keep the Scots out. ? We're not picky who we stab.

The dried fruit shop... lmao I loves you. ?

I tend to just write, with traditional pen and paper. Like a brain dump. I don't care about structure or logic or anything sensible. It allows me to quieten my brain. I sift through it all later for anything I can use.

Automatic writing then? As in just writing anything that pours out of you, or actual writing with a purpose in mind ?

I wouldn't call it automatic... more like a stream of consciousness.