A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Mandalorian [Spoiler Free]

SinisterDeath

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 6:00 PM, Quibby said:

-swoops in-

I want one.  You know what I mean.

-disappears-

Yeah, me too. So freaking CUTE! Cutest thing I think I've ever seen in my life, and just gets cuter every episode (cutest shot was after two characters got done fighting and had their blasters aimed at each other and there it was standing there drinking its soup and watching them!! dohh!!!!!!?????????).

Tonight's episode (1.05 "The Gunslinger") was pretty much everything I wanted from this show when it was first announced, although it wasn't my favorite (that would be 1.03 "The Sin" followed by 1.04 "Sanctuary," an episode I seem to be the only person who liked a lot).

I'm really enjoying this show, and if the quality of it is matched with the Cassian Andor series, and the Kenobi one as well, we are in for a treat the next few years when it comes to Star Wars content on the small screen, and we'll almost not even notice that we won't have another film in the theatres until like 2022.

On 12/9/2019 at 12:11 AM, Krakalakachkn said:

Lol Imlad and I are at odds again.  Episode 4 pretty much turned me off to the show.  Episodes 2 & 4 struck out big, Episode 3 was pretty good, and Episode 1 was fine.  

I don't think Jon Favreau has a firm grip on what he wants this show to be and I think we really saw that in Ep4.

Are we gonna have to face off at dawn, with pistols or rapiers? LOL

I'll admit, I'm pretty much gonna be in the bag for just about anything Star Wars, I even watch Resistance every single week, and usually quite enjoy most episodes despite being several decades older than the target audience. I guess we're just desiring different things from Star Wars when you get right down to it.

I don't really get, though, what people didn't like about 4. That's akin to not liking "Heart of Gold" from Firefly the way I see it, except this was on a different scale (a farming village vs a whorehouse) and had infinitely better directing (and equally better directing too than Fuqua's Magnificent Seven had; in fact it was all around better than that movie, but to be honest I don't have that fond of memories of the original MS either, although it has been a really really long time since I've seen it). My only real complaint about the episode is that it was about 15-20 minutes too short and that sudden time jump at the end of the episode by a couple weeks. We learned more about The Mando and his particular tribe's "Way," and got a little insight into post-Endor "geo-politics" (is "geo-" the right prefix?? Is "galacto-" better? English you fail me!) in the early years, which wasn't something we've gotten much of at all yet in any medium. Sure, it was only a couple lines of dialog, but that's more than we'd had.

I for one am looking forward to the rest of the season, and to season two as well. 

The whole "save the ____" schtick was driven into the ground years ago.  I can likely list dozens of tv shows that have already done it.  Beyond the the boredom it induced in my imagination, I just don't understand how it benefitted the story. 

Again, I don't understand what this show is trying to become.  So far episodes 1 3 and 5 propel the story forward in a narrative arc clearly leading to a climax (and are generally good - although I wasn't crazy about 5), while episodes 2 and 4 are more episodic than narrative, and could be easily cut out of the overarching story.

Also I guess I'm just bitter bc I'm tired of Star Wars being PG.  I'm ready to see an R-rated show/movie looks like.