DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Lavandula

Movies and TV series?

So I thought I weren't into sci-fi, figures I was wrong. I might not read a lot of sci-fi but I apparently watch a lot of tv shows tagged with sci-fi (preferably with a good dose of fantasy on but still):

Terra nova, the 100, westworld, shannara chronicles, glitch (although that was a bit to much drama for my taste), and ofcourse I saw Roswell back in the days..  How bout it blues, do y'all watch TV shows or movies?

I loved the first few seasons of the 100, but then it just really got too dark for me.

Here's my list:

The Expanse

Jack Ryan

Dragon Prince

The 100 was good... I agree it's a bit otp

Fear the Walking Dead (much better than watching Rick Grimes on Walking Dead)

I'm sure I'm missing some!

Glitch's first season was phenomenal, didn't get into the 3rd season. 

12 hours ago, Calindra said:

Glitch's first season was phenomenal, didn't get into the 3rd season. 

Yeah I liked the consept, and watched first season, I think I saw one episode of second..was just too much drama.. Anyone seen manifest? I think it sounds intriguing but it says it's a drama so that makes me a little sceptical too?

ahhh, Roswell I loved that!

I enjoyed Ascension. It was only one series so be prepared for that and starts out scifi, then is a bit less scifi, then gets more scifi again lol.

I also really enjoyed Caprica, which is a Battlestar Galagtica prequel. I haven't seen too much of BG, but Caprica had a great style and I loves the 'shape of things to come' ending.

Black mirror but only some of them, since the episodes standalone I generally read description and go on that wether I want to watch or not

I didn't think I liked much Sci fi either...

if you haven't seen Firefly though I recommend it as I think it is more fantasy than sci-fi, I think I know someone else who may like it too @Kaylee ;)

11 hours ago, Maera said:

I didn't think I liked much Sci fi either...

if you haven't seen Firefly though I recommend it as I think it is more fantasy than sci-fi, I think I know someone else who may like it too @Kaylee?

Yes! And Serenity the movie. 

I like Buffy and Angel as well...I became more of a geek after marrying my hubby. Lol Now we do Star Wars regularly. 

Hmm honestly that might be about it that I can think of. 

5 hours ago, Kaylee said:

Yes! And Serenity the movie. 

I like Buffy and Angel as well...I became more of a geek after marrying my hubby. Lol Now we do Star Wars regularly. 

Hmm honestly that might be about it that I can think of. 

Haha, me too - I have gotten geekier each year I have been with him and he introduced me to firefly as I totally missed it!

23 hours ago, Maera said:

Haha, me too - I have gotten geekier each year I have been with him and he introduced me to firefly as I totally missed it!

Nice

19 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

Sci-fi movies?

Pitchblack. Red Planet. The Martian.

Series?

Star Trek, though I'm partial to Deep Space Nine.

I like Pitchblack!

42 minutes ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I love Nathan Fillion, but have yet to watch Firefly. I hear it's good.

It is!

10 hours ago, Kaylee said:

It is!

I'll second that. It's my favorite SF television series. It's heart-breaking that it only lasted a single season, due to outside forces beyond the show creators' control.

I bought it on Amazon Prime. Now to find time to sit down and watch it, and the Rookie, which I also bought on Amazon. So many shows, so little time. 

Recommend watching Firefly first. Very interesting to see Nathan Fillion so young and fresh. 

I tried watching Firefly yesterday. I didn't have time for even a whole episode, but I found it difficult to watch. I'm not into violence very much, and there was a significant amount in that episode. 

17 minutes ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I tried watching Firefly yesterday. I didn't have time for even a whole episode, but I found it difficult to watch. I'm not into violence very much, and there was a significant amount in that episode. 

I don't recall but I do believe there are episodes without so much violence. 

Ooh, yeah, Firefly is not for the faint of heart, I'm afraid. Some of the episodes are more akin to caper stories, but yeah, you might not enjoy it as much as others have, Lily. Sorry about that. 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, LilyElizabeth said:

I bought it on Amazon Prime. Now to find time to sit down and watch it, and the Rookie, which I also bought on Amazon. So many shows, so little time. 

As a massive Nathan Fillion fan, please tell me that the Rookie was good? Loved him in Castle!

I'm a Rookie fan. Of course, any first-year police officer who undergoes as much stress as he does would be suffering from PTSD, but hey, it's just a show. 

I think it's fair to say that anyone who enjoys Nathan Filion will enjoy The Rookie.