Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crafting Circle


IdleCuriosity
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very cool, James! 

When I look at it I feel like it wants to fold open in the middle, like those old paper fortune-tellers we used to make in elementary school. 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, LadyWordsmith said:

When I look at it I feel like it wants to fold open in the middle, like those old paper fortune-tellers we used to make in elementary school.

 

Ah yes, I recall those. I haven't thought about those in decades. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like it! You really aren’t limited in this type of painting. 
 

Lady, I used to play with those and like James, I haven’t thought of them in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice James! I can really appreciate the work in those clean lines! 

 

I have a commission on my table atm. A 24x30 pour. there is a story behind it and it's pair. 😐 When i can take pictures to share i'll be sure to post it and it's story. 

 

I'm futsing more with writing, but I may try for those mini's again now that the weather isn't so wet and miserable and i can open the windows. (omg, oil paint fumes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2020 at 8:22 PM, Arie said:

Very nice James! I can really appreciate the work in those clean lines! 

 

I have a commission on my table atm. A 24x30 pour. there is a story behind it and it's pair. 😐 When i can take pictures to share i'll be sure to post it and it's story. 

 

I'm futsing more with writing, but I may try for those mini's again now that the weather isn't so wet and miserable and i can open the windows. (omg, oil paint fumes)


Wet and miserable???? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our April lasted a month or two too long, is all. Oregon got a lot of rain. >.>

 

 

I finished the little Mum!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous!!!!

 

I'm working on a painting of fish flies for my husband. I realized that I put two of them too close but I still think I like it.

 

I'm going to buy a few specialty brushes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That mum is beautiful, Arie! 

I look forward to seeing your painting, Ryrin! 

I painted a wall cream, does that count? 😉 It's nothing special, but it's well and properly done. Most of my current art is painting kingdom pre-print award scrolls. I will delve back into original works 'after' we get moved and I can get my full studio set up again! Really hoping when we find a new place it has good spaces for art. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

It’s smallish. I prefer smaller canvases. I’ll look at the actual size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm new to the group and I think your guys paintings are great! Some of those flowers are pretty amazing. 

Here is one of my most recent. I look forward to sharing and seeing your next works. 

 

 IMG_20201005_210359.thumb.jpg.36f20b4fb454bb1fccfab767a308185e.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 10/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, Aisling~ said:

I'm new to the group and I think your guys paintings are great! Some of those flowers are pretty amazing. 

Here is one of my most recent. I look forward to sharing and seeing your next works. 

 

 IMG_20201005_210359.thumb.jpg.36f20b4fb454bb1fccfab767a308185e.jpg

 

I really like that Aisling! Is it with water colors? I paint with acrylics. Welcome to the Kin!

 

My latest:

 

VIlfSri.jpg?1

Edited by Ryrin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm working on a white, yellow, and pink plumeria now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

So, I don't recall if I ever shared this one here. I finished it at the very beginning of the pandemic, but was only able to deliver it to the gentleman who requested the scroll (to go with the honor he was given in court several years ago), the last weekend of June, now that we are able to start having SCA events again. 

I spent three years researching this piece, composing the text, and then putting it together (along with the many pages of documentation of the research). This last weekend I entered it in the Arts and Sciences competition for that barony, and it won (and also got the best A&S Judging score I've ever had. Working in period materials definitely helped there. 😉 ). The piece is painted 'on' the first piece of parchment the gentleman in question ever made himself right about the time he asked if I would do his Lion scroll. (For those who don't live in/play in the SCA in Ansteorra...the Lions of Ansteorra are known as 'the Defenders of the Dream.' A crown may only name one per reign. It is given to those who, for that crown, really 'make' the SCA the dream/game/immersive medieval experience wonderful.) The illuminated words of the crown that go with it are therefore researched to match the period and persona of that individual. 

More importantly than winning a competition however, it made him cry with joy. 

 

522527335_BeorhtlicScrollAll.thumb.jpg.a387472648f621192a5f6b7923d9da0e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

That's beautiful work, Lady! I'm glad you won!

 

Thank you! It was a lot of work, but very rewarding in the end. 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...