DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crafting Circle

IdleCuriosity

28 minutes ago, LadyWordsmith said:

When I look at it I feel like it wants to fold open in the middle, like those old paper fortune-tellers we used to make in elementary school.

Ah yes, I recall those. I haven't thought about those in decades. 

Very nice James! I can really appreciate the work in those clean lines! 

I have a commission on my table atm. A 24x30 pour. there is a story behind it and it's pair. ? When i can take pictures to share i'll be sure to post it and it's story. 

I'm futsing more with writing, but I may try for those mini's again now that the weather isn't so wet and miserable and i can open the windows. (omg, oil paint fumes)

On 6/22/2020 at 8:22 PM, Arie said:

Very nice James! I can really appreciate the work in those clean lines! 

I have a commission on my table atm. A 24x30 pour. there is a story behind it and it's pair. ? When i can take pictures to share i'll be sure to post it and it's story. 

I'm futsing more with writing, but I may try for those mini's again now that the weather isn't so wet and miserable and i can open the windows. (omg, oil paint fumes)

Wet and miserable???? 

• 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous!!!!

I'm working on a painting of fish flies for my husband. I realized that I put two of them too close but I still think I like it.

I'm going to buy a few specialty brushes.

That mum is beautiful, Arie! 

I look forward to seeing your painting, Ryrin! 

I painted a wall cream, does that count? ? It's nothing special, but it's well and properly done. Most of my current art is painting kingdom pre-print award scrolls. I will delve back into original works 'after' we get moved and I can get my full studio set up again! Really hoping when we find a new place it has good spaces for art. 

• 2 months later...

On 10/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, Aisling~ said:

I'm new to the group and I think your guys paintings are great! Some of those flowers are pretty amazing. 

Here is one of my most recent. I look forward to sharing and seeing your next works. 

IMG_20201005_210359.thumb.jpg.36f20b4fb454bb1fccfab767a308185e.jpg

I really like that Aisling! Is it with water colors? I paint with acrylics. Welcome to the Kin!

My latest:

VIlfSri.jpg?1

Edited by Ryrin

• 8 months later...

So, I don't recall if I ever shared this one here. I finished it at the very beginning of the pandemic, but was only able to deliver it to the gentleman who requested the scroll (to go with the honor he was given in court several years ago), the last weekend of June, now that we are able to start having SCA events again. 

I spent three years researching this piece, composing the text, and then putting it together (along with the many pages of documentation of the research). This last weekend I entered it in the Arts and Sciences competition for that barony, and it won (and also got the best A&S Judging score I've ever had. Working in period materials definitely helped there. ? ). The piece is painted 'on' the first piece of parchment the gentleman in question ever made himself right about the time he asked if I would do his Lion scroll. (For those who don't live in/play in the SCA in Ansteorra...the Lions of Ansteorra are known as 'the Defenders of the Dream.' A crown may only name one per reign. It is given to those who, for that crown, really 'make' the SCA the dream/game/immersive medieval experience wonderful.) The illuminated words of the crown that go with it are therefore researched to match the period and persona of that individual. 

More importantly than winning a competition however, it made him cry with joy. 

522527335_BeorhtlicScrollAll.thumb.jpg.a387472648f621192a5f6b7923d9da0e.jpg

• 5 months later...

This last month has been very creatively busy for me! The top piece is the 'Petition for Principality' for our new Territory. Calligraphy by a friend, all the design, drawing, and painting is mine. It's based on one of my favorite manuscript pages ever. ?

The second piece was done in six days (by a friend, who did the calligraphy and linework) and then I painted it, because that was all the notice we had that our new Princess' rapier champion would be chosen at our local event this past weekend (which is because 7 days before that, we didn't have a Prince and Princess yet). 

Both were highly enjoyable, even though there was definitely pressure on having them on time, and with impressive designs. (Little fiddly details are my happy place, if you couldn't tell). 
No photo description available.

No photo description available.