DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

We are more than games here in the Band. We are awesomeness and travel and food lol.

2 minutes ago, Cairos said:

We are more than games here in the Band. We are awesomeness and travel and food lol.

Youre-Awesome-.gif

Yes..that's why you  are now the proud owner of a TRAVEL (game..) ?

Now about that food.. 

food-eat-feed-human.gif

47 minutes ago, Cairos said:

And music, and pranks and breaking laws to drive Dice mad!!.....madder!!!!!!

Yeah about that..how does your hierarchy work? I tried reading the post about it but was just a bunch of names I didn't recognize?

Yeah i'm the head honcho which is the Marshall General. Under me is the UC and XO. So far those positions are closed due to staffing and members. Under them are the Captain General of each regiment. Then its the Lieutenant General and the Red Arms. We also have the RLO which is the regimental liaison officer which helps the raw recruits around. 

Then there are the band ranks which are on hold for now until we get activity up. Its almost like the army with the rankings.

Soo..what excactly is your activity problem? do you need more people on the roll call, or just the general activity up?

But...the band wouldn't be cut, would it? Or is it just wt and roleplaying that is more or less sacred? I mean I cant make people sign the roll call (judt strongly encourage lol) but if the band is under any threat..I could totally do more to try help get the activity up..

Edited by Lavandula

Activity on the boards is great but what we need is actually active, participating members with sufficient rank to hold staff positions and get things running. The Band could be cut if membership and activity was low enough but we have enough members of the actual Club for the time being. Unfortunately, being a member of a Club, doesn't mean you're actively taking part.

The WT and the RP aren't sacred either. The WT is traditionally the largest and most popular group so it doesn't struggle for membership... but again, that doesn't guarantee activity.

The RP is a case unto itself since it's different to the other Clubs in having very specific purpose. We didn't have to find a theme to justify our existence. 

The forums used to be split into about 4 sections. The general/information boards, the discussion/book boards, the Social Groups, and the RP Groups. So the RP was a (huge) and completely separate section of the forums. But when they started downsizing the number of boards, because activity was dropping off everywhere once the Books were completed, the RP got moved in with the Social Groups. It meant we were, like the WT, pretty big because we'd basically merged multiple groups into a single group.

Then when we moved to Clubs this year, the RP just became a Club like all the others but its size and complexity meant we were granted some safeguards. That's because even when activity is low, we always have SOME activity as it only takes one member to do a solo RP, and I'm always there keeping things going.

The Groups that were lost didn't have anyone active in charge and activity wasn't just low, it was non existent. One member, in most of the Clubs, can't do anything on their own. One member in the RP can still write. 

Hope that explains the background a bit for you.

And i definitely shouldnt be allowed any sort of power because...well i think everyone knows why....

Yeah it really  does Tay, thank you for taking the time!

well it is not much we lower members can do about the leadership positions not being filled and I totally understand cairos can not do it all by himself, it's just to much for one person, so maybe  it is a waste creating activities and life, but if we don't use the group, we can't blame anyone else than ourselves if it's getting shut down.. I like this group and I might not be able to do much,but if it gets shut, I wanna know I at least did what little I could.. I also would love to have tried the joust and the dice game I hear so much about at least once?

9 minutes ago, Zander? said:

And i definitely shouldnt be allowed any sort of power because...well i think everyone knows why....

I don't? ?

In regards to activity, I sometimes come on here and just feel lost as to what 'activity' to create because there used to be so much to respond to and do with the numbers we once had! It's definitely hard to build back up but I think we're on a decent enough path at the moment.

@Lavandula I could help you get started with the Dice game if you like? We would need to create you a bank vault and all that good stuff. If I recall, you haven't officially chosen a regiment - or have you and I've just completely spaced on that? lol

1 hour ago, Jeannaisais said:

In regards to activity, I sometimes come on here and just feel lost as to what 'activity' to create because there used to be so much to respond to and do with the numbers we once had! It's definitely hard to build back up but I think we're on a decent enough path at the moment.

@Lavandula I could help you get started with the Dice game if you like? We would need to create you a bank vault and all that good stuff. If I recall, you haven't officially chosen a regiment - or have you and I've just completely spaced on that? lol

No the program is currently down because of activity level, I wouldn't really know what to choose anyway, lol  (I'm not the only recruit here though, you got three and one that is sniffing around for the second time, I think you archers are falling in taste if I were to take a wild guess) 

13 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

No the program is currently down because of activity level, I wouldn't really know what to choose anyway, lol  (I'm not the only recruit here though, you got three and one that is sniffing around for the second time, I think you archers are falling in taste if I were to take a wild guess) 

Perfect - than you can train with daggers or a bow and arrow ? 

Just now, Jeannaisais said:

Perfect - than you can train with daggers or a bow and arrow ? 

Well I ment lii, but sure I like spamming fun and secrets too? I haven't seen you archers spam much though is it an outdated description or is still accurate?

2 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

Well I ment lii, but sure I like spamming fun and secrets too? I haven't seen you archers spam much though is it an outdated description or is still accurate?

Oh we archers have our share of spammers, we just have to have the right instigator ? 

35 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

Oh we archers have our share of spammers, we just have to have the right instigator ? 

Interesting ? so if the archers are the fun group, the infants is the awsome group where does that leave the cavs? *blinks innocently*

Edited by Lavandula

7 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

Interesting ? so if the archers are the fun group, the infants is the awsome group where does that leave the cavs? *blinks innocently*

Well...they create and clean the latrines....so.....ya know

3 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

Well...they create and clean the latrines....so.....ya know

I thought so... *snickers*

Lav as you can see theres really only 1 Epic Reg...the Infantry then you know the c teams or house league regs as you will.

Horse crap or bird feathers or fun and butt kicking.  Choice seems pretty obv imo.

11 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

I thought so... *snickers*

Shes referring to the Inf...our new recruits gotta dig some latrines...right of passage and all that.  But then you get to play with REAL weapons....

original.gif

13 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Shes referring to the Inf...our new recruits gotta dig some latrines...right of passage and all that.  But then you get to play with REAL weapons....

original.gif

But then again, where does that leave the cavs? (And no wonder you get so little recruits) ? I ain't digging any latrines, do it behind a bush like normal animals, just watch out for nettles in the summer and you'll be fine..

Edited by Lavandula

19 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Lav as you can see theres really only 1 Epic Reg...the Infantry then you know the c teams or house league regs as you will.

Horse crap or bird feathers or fun and butt kicking.  Choice seems pretty obv imo.

Bird feathers? 

Bird feathers are courtesy of the archers taking care of the air space ? Cav = c team, right? Which means infants are the i team....that leaves the archers for the A team! ?