DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Got questions about the band? You're in the right place!

Ask away:

351379625_99bb66f087_b.jpg

(And ofcourse a little band snack)

So I have been very curious how does the band system of recruits, and regiments work?

Is it anything similar to WT/warders with mentors or..?

So, in the past, we've had raw recruits spend a week with each regiment. During that week, they would receive a series of tasks, for which they would earn points to help them rank advance. At the end of those three weeks, the raw recruit could then choose to join a regiment and begin their journey to greatness according to that regiment's qualifications OR they could spend another week visiting and exploring all three regiments before making a final decision. The tasks each regiment assigned were things like dagger/archery games, clean/dig the latrine, the joust, etc. 

Right this second? Good question - the raw recruit system worked best when we had our three over-all leaders of Marshal-General (currently Cairos, leads the entire band), the Under-Commander (takes care of tracking points and promotions), and Executive Officer (takes care of the recruit program). 

Thank you for explaining it jea! Well it seems like you're getting the activity up again so maybe it will be on track again soon😉 

Is there any anual activities in the band?

(Sorry I'm very curious😁)

Edited by Lavandula

The Matrim awards have been awarded yearly (not in recent years). These are awards for best regiment, bast band member, funniest member, most active member, etc. There's a whole list hanging out somewhere. We have also had quarterly regimental competitions in the past as well!

17 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Thank you for explaining it jea! Well it seems like you're getting the activity up again so maybe it will be on track again soon😉 

Sure thing! And yes, activity does seem to be on the rise, which is awesome!! We just need to keep holding everyone in place 😉 

11 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

The Matrim awards have been awarded yearly (not in recent years). These are awards for best regiment, bast band member, funniest member, most active member, etc. There's a whole list hanging out somewhere. We have also had quarterly regimental competitions in the past as well!

Oh so much fun! And surely sounds like activities that would encourage people to ve active, so win win.😄

Did I read about a point system somewhere? 

Also what is the difference between the regiments? Is it personallity based or just what kind of weapons you like?

20 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Is there any annual activities in the band?

(Sorry I'm very curious😁)

We also used to had a regular event based around the Band's Game. The Game was custom created for the Band by a couple of original members way back when and it's based on a combination of dice rolling to decide what happens and role play to then describe the action/s. We eventually extended that to incorporate other types of events and had our own "Olympics" which we called the Feast of Lights or the Bel Tine Festival. There were individual and Regimental elements to it.

Did I read about a point system somewhere? 

Also what is the difference between the regiments? Is it personallity based or just what kind of weapons you like?

Not a point system as such but points are certainly awarded for doing different things like writing a music or travel review, writing JotS verses, signing roll call each month used to be one, starting threads and keeping activity going, Regimental CG's and other staff also got staff pay in points each month, if you get given a Band award, medal or pin, you also get points for that... that kind of thing. You can earn as few or as many as you want, there's no pressure.

The Regiments tend to be based on your interest in the weapons/fighting style that apply. So horse lovers will often (but not always) choose Cavalry. Someone who wants to be a Blademaster would probably join the Infantry. It's also about where feels like home to you, where you prefer to spend your time, just like the Ajah in the WT. That's really a lot harder at the moment when it's so quiet. But choosing a Regiment is definitely a combination of factors.

There are other differences between the Regiments, from their official drinks to their special abilities/advantages in the Band Game, their internal ranks, titles and training programmes etc. Some aspects of it are private to the Regiment and you wouldn't know about details of internal stuff usually until after you've joined.

*huggles tay* that was really interesting! I so look forward to getting more ahead in the books to read more about the band. I don't know what it is, I don't have an interest in weapons, or the drinks *wrinkles nose*, there's just something about the band that picked my interest from the start..

Just like Jea said, once we get activity up again the Raw recruit program will be back and also the points system might be back. We are trying to keep this place going.

no worries, I think you are doing great!🤗

I just ask because I genuinely find it interesting, and also I thought maybe your current lovely recruit, Maera, and future recruits might too😉 

source.gif

(Leaving a little bit of "bee nectar" for cairos)