Zander?

• Community Administrator
46 minutes ago, Zander? said:

@Andrej

@Cory Caboose

@Clovdyx

@keyholder21

@SinisterDeath

I forget who else used to be around the football talk.

I can't recall either. :sad:

I also couldn't recall who was going to run pick'em this year either, but the club got made official a bit to late for that.

57 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Saints look poised too.

AFC is locked for the Pats 

NFC has a 3 headed beast war with 9ers, Saints and Packers.

Maybe even the Vikes too.

I'm purposely not watching any of their games, 'cause every-time I watch, they lose.
So I'm applying Schrödinger's cat to the Vikings.

3 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I'm purposely not watching any of their games, 'cause every-time I watch, they lose.

I missed all games one year cause i worked Sundays i watched one game

..9ers in the playoffs when they lost to the giants when they fumbled the punt indise their own red zone and lost....i understand this...lawl

6 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

LOL, I do the same with my team... what is it about football and superstitious fans?

I actually record that games, then I check the scores from my phone about 1 hour after start.  If my team is ahead I will start watching the game, with the ability to fast forward through all the commercials. 

Edit... Aw crap.  Now I've just jinxed my strategy and I'll have to just watch the score from outside.

Edited by 2RiversFan

1 hour ago, 2RiversFan said:

what is it about football and superstitious fans?

It's not so much superstitious, its more about not getting involved. Can't care about Gary Anderson missing that game deciding field goal if you missed all season!

Hardest game to miss will be the Superbowl if the Vikings get there... lol

55 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

It's not so much superstitious, its more about not getting involved. Can't care about Gary Anderson missing that game deciding field goal if you missed all season!

Hardest game to miss will be the Superbowl if the Vikings get there... lol

....Gary Anderson

You gotta be an old man like me....lolololol 

2 hours ago, 2RiversFan said:

LOL, I do the same with my team... what is it about football and superstitious fans?

I actually record that games, then I check the scores from my phone about 1 hour after start.  If my team is ahead I will start watching the game, with the ability to fast forward through all the commercials. 

Edit... Aw crap.  Now I've just jinxed my strategy and I'll have to just watch the score from outside.

Its not just about the sacks.  i watch the 9ers, hes good at everything ive seen thus far man.  

If he stays healthy even if not this year he'll be a contender for it going forward.  Hes better then his brother imho.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, amegakure said:

mhmm you still standing by this? Might feel differently when we crush them sunday ? 

You're right ill ignore your Patrick Mahomes pic and say youre a Ravens fan...thats whose winning the AFC....

20 hours ago, Basel Gill said:

I'm hoping this happens. 

Bet. The last two games the pats played the chiefs, they gave up at least 31 points in only the second half. First time playing brady is going to be nerve racking. This guy is an all time great and probably a personal idol, yet he still recovers and puts up 43 on a defense that has only allowed that a handful of times. Second time they meet in the afc champ game. More nerves and a new cover 0 scheme that has him confused. Great adjustments at half and another 31 points (lets forget about the fact that if dee ford hadnt lined up off sides we probably would have won the game right there.)  Now we have a more patient and focused qb whose seen it before. He knows Hill is going to get doubled, stephon will probably cover kelce, but now we have Mercole hardman, this dude is only marginally slower than hill. Watkins taking underneath routes with two speedsters cutting up the backfield and kelce deep middle field. Dont forget mahomes is getting comfortable running on teams when they go man coverage. There's just no way someone cant get open, assume hill will be locked down and literally just use him to pull coverage. We also have one of the best olines for pass protection this year, even though it doesn't always seem like it. Only issue is whether this committee of Rbs can actually get going. I liked what i saw late in the 4th last week from thompson so well see. Now for the Pats side of the ball. receivers are weak, run game is struggling, brady doesn't seem like himself. They had a vanilla schedule and then got surprised when they lose to two teams that are actually worth talking about, one of which we have beat the last two years, so now here is to three ? 

20 hours ago, Zander? said:

You're right ill ignore your Patrick Mahomes pic and say youre a Ravens fan...thats whose winning the AFC....

well, we beat them twice, and also in baltimore, so bring it ? 

there was bad officiating on both sides. Its part of the game. if one bad call is the difference between winning and losing then you didn't do enough to make sure your team won. If the personal foul on mahomes had been called it would have been 1st and 15 and more than likely a touchdown instead of a field goal, if the handful of ticky tacky calls like holding on fisher and PI on kelce then we could have extended other drives for points. basically just comes down to a shoulda woulda coulda vs a we did mentality. Either way our defense did keep brady out of the endzone on the last drive when it counted and they came up short. Now after they lose to the bills they can come take it up with us at arrowhead.