DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

20 Questions - Movie Edition Round 2

Taymist

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Taymist said:

lol yes, you're correct, it is indeed Lock, Stock. Well done, Sin. Last second save.

Thanks lol. If you had said no to 8.2, It would have really been a gamble! Like 15+ different possible titles! Many of which I've never heard of!

5 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Thanks, Elessar. You all did great with the questions. I really agonised over 2 or 3 of the answers because, when not literally specified by IMDb, they are very dependent on personal perspective/experience. Probably just me overthinking though.:smile:

The genre questions really threw me for a loop! Your initial No made it hard! Was it sci-fi-comedy-horror but not very scary/sci-fi/funny?

Once I saw Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking barrels I kinda focused on that because it's a very 'hollywood film', but British. ?

@Elessar, since I just did Round 1, do you want to pick a movie and do round 3?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Thanks, Elessar. You all did great with the questions. I really agonised over 2 or 3 of the answers because, when not literally specified by IMDb, they are very dependent on personal perspective/experience. Probably just me overthinking though.:smile:

You are welcome :smile:

6 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Thanks lol. If you had said no to 8.2, It would have really been a gamble! Like 15+ different possible titles! Many of which I've never heard of!

The genre questions really threw me for a loop! Your initial No made it hard! Was it sci-fi-comedy-horror but not very scary/sci-fi/funny?

Once I saw Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking barrels I kinda focused on that because it's a very 'hollywood film', but British. ?

@Elessar, since I just did Round 1, do you want to pick a movie and do round 3?

@SinisterDeathThe genre questions really threw me for a loop as well! And then when the initial no became a grudging yes it became even more intricate I thought *grin*  When you asked about the specific 8.2 rating I kinda had the feeling you were onto something and did not want to spoil things by making a wild guess myself *lol* Glad you were on the right track.

Btw, 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' sounds gloriously like a perfect spaghetti western movie title, don't you think? ?

Thanx for offering that I do Round 3, I gladly accept - this will be fun *thumbs up*  I will have something up in the next hour or so.

• Community Administrator
2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

@SinisterDeathThe genre questions really threw me for a loop as well! And then when the initial no became a grudging yes it became even more intricate I thought *grin*  When you asked about the specific 8.2 rating I kinda had the feeling you were onto something and did not want to spoil things by making a wild guess myself *lol* Glad you were on the right track.

Btw, 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' sounds gloriously like a perfect spaghetti western movie title, don't you think? ?

Thanx for offering that I do Round 3, I gladly accept - this will be fun *thumbs up*  I will have something up in the next hour or so.

Sounds good. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Yeah, it got compared to Tarantino films a lot on release, understandably. But it harks back further than that to much older black and white British crime capers. It's filled with clever, dark humour that's very funny, but I wouldn't put it in the comedy genre specifically. That threw me for a loop, hence the initial confusion.

That 'holywood' feel is what made me struggle with Elessar's question as well, about being an indie film. Technically, being so low budget and Guy's first movie, it could be classed as indie, but it's too mainstream/known for me to have said yes to that one. Such a cult classic now.

That's kind of the idea behind it actually. It's a bit of a 'showdown'.:smile: