DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Liitha

What fantasy animal take two

idea lovingly stolen from LG, but of course need an alteration to make it fun

so this time not asking what general fantasy animal you would want as a pet (can be animal who exsist for real as well but not normally a pet)

but instead pick a fantasy or animal from movies or a bookseries, and tell us why you want that specific character animal as a pet (ie you do not get to make up the personality, strengths and weaknesses yourself - want a lion which lion that we others may know about would you want like simba , rather then just post wanting a lion).

And do add why, so we all can learn some about eachother and show of who we are.

And first one who come to mind for me is Temaraire, a dragon for those havent read the Novik books, while for sure his constant own views of logic to the world creates some havoc and challenge you. The personality of that one just makes me laugh, and well a lot of what he says do make sence so partly how i feel as well often...why dont we just ...? 

Edited by Liitha

Temaraire is such a good choice.

I'm gonna go with Pounce/Faithful the purple-eyed black cat from Tamora Pierce's Tortall world. He's telepathic and snarky so I think he'd be fun to have around. He is cat-shaped, but spends most of his time as a constellation of stars.

Dont think I read that so wouldnt know of said cat

But sounds like a personality

Hedwig, from Harry Potter! 

71bc3d3661dda399e9d2065630ede0ef--hedwig

Firstly, I love owls. Secondly, I love HP. I have always wanted to have an owl as a pet but that isn't a reality irl so I have to live vicariously through HP. I also love that Hedwig was a gift from Hagrid. That makes her even more special. She is devoted to Harry and even a comfort to him when he is upset or lonely. 

https://tenor.com/view/hedwig-harry-potter-daniel-radcliffe-owl-night-gif-13986816

Hedwig's a good choice.

I'm actually leaning towards a horse or horses in the Witcher fantasy series and the games based off of the series: Witcher 1, 2, and 3: the main character Geralt of Rivia's horse, Roach. (He names all his horses Roach: starts as a mare in Witcher 3, might switch to a stallion depending on how you play the game). 

witcher roach GIF

Roach is durable and fast, there in a moment if you whistle for him/her, and, you find out in one of your last quests, s/he's intelligent, too: advising you on one quest.

Edited by haycraftd

Grizzly bear.

I'm pretty sure I would be one if I were an animal.

Strong, regal, and gets to sleep for like three months.

f6f1191551b3710c57f34a0babdb2712.jpg

4 hours ago, Caldazar al'Aemon said:

Grizzly bear.

I'm pretty sure I would be one if I were an animal.

Strong, regal, and gets to sleep for like three months.

f6f1191551b3710c57f34a0babdb2712.jpg

Any specific movie or book bear in mind and why just that bear?

On 11/19/2019 at 2:16 PM, haycraftd said:

Hedwig's a good choice.

I'm actually leaning towards a horse or horses in the Witcher fantasy series and the games based off of the series: Witcher 1, 2, and 3: the main character Geralt of Rivia's horse, Roach. (He names all his horses Roach: starts as a mare in Witcher 3, might switch to a stallion depending on how you play the game). 

witcher roach GIF

Roach is durable and fast, there in a moment if you whistle for him/her, and, you find out in one of your last quests, s/he's intelligent, too: advising you on one quest.

Nice could be really usefull ..no we shouldnt go this way cause I can smell or hear this ahead, lets go left instead 😉

The gods are as changing as the tide. One minute they're vengeful and the next they are giving you food.

Thank you.

Another animal that would be cool to have is sassy fromhomeward bound, normally a dog person, but that cat is amusing

Or if go for movie nr two delilah lovely personality, smart and the breed quality should do excelent for training for competition stuff.

Edited by Liitha