DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I see you, Dragonmount community!

Juan Farstrider

Guten Tag! Ich bin Juan Farstrider! Hi! I'm Juan Farstrider! Really (/s) 

I'm just finishing Crossroads of Twilight on my first read-through. Yes, I know that I risk stepping on a spoiler in this landmine field of spoilers, but I dig that they are only spoilers for people like me and not the vast majority here. 

My favorite main characters so far are Matt and Perrin and Egwene. I don't get the hate she seems to have, but she has put herself into a position where that can change with each choice she has to make. I don't want to leave out minor characters though, and though I only met him in one chapter so far, Furyke Karede has my interest. Oh and Faile better not ...   . Seriously, I'll freak if she does. 

Anyway, I look forward to digging into this hip place where all the cool cats hang as I finish the books and show premieres and we can wrestle over what's good and what rots. The show will tell us more about the showrunners and the executives above than it will about the books, so watch it like you were Freud or Jung watching the showrunner on the couch. That's good advice foe GoT too.  

Editing to add I really like Aviendha. The few chapters from her perspective I love. 

Edited by Juan Farstrider
to add Aviendha

Ich komme aus dne USA. Nein ich spreche kein deutsch, weniger als ein bisschen.  Ich versuche aber zu lernen.

I come from the US, no I don't speak German, less than a little bit.  I am trying to learn though.  (I hope the above is right.  I would have typed Ich spreche nicht die deutsch, I'm not sure which is right)

For where I am in the books (tonight I might finish CoT) I think Egwene has a a tough set of choices to make but up till now she's managed masterfully.  The only thing I can fault her for is not letting Bryne go in and take the fight to the tower right away when the surprise would have been overwhelming.  But I'm reading.  No lives are in my hands.  She leaped into the deepest end of the commander in chief role with no lessons or swimmies on her arms.    Nynaeve, how is she not bald from all that braid tugging?  

Hi Juan, welcome to DM. Glad to hear you're enjoying the books so much. It's great seeing so many people discover them through announcements of the upcoming show.

I'm with Elgee. I like Egwene. I don't like Nynaeve much at all.

Don't even get me started on how much I dislike Faile's impact on Perrin's character/storyline. Aviendha is one of my all time favourites. Karede is awesome amongst the minor characters, very well realised.

Hope you enjoy exploring DM. Don't forget to check out the Clubs on the tab up there ^^^^. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Nods, it can take some time had my rounds around staff and was just gonna surf coming back lol but no place for pics and just in end couldnt live with that so got involved in fixing it ?

But otherwise I been good at staying on the memberside of things since back, and its a lot of fun just doing it at your own pace again, not having too much that has to be done