DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Maera

Knowledge Gifts for the Browns

Hello my Beautiful Browns, as I have not really had a chance to speak to you much yet, I thought I would start my interactions in here by offering you something I know you will like... Cool facts to add to your ever expanding brains of knowledge! Personally I enjoy history and languages so my facts will be related to these, but if we have any science and math buffs out there too, I would love to hear from you.

*clears throat* okay!

- Pharaoh Pepi II of Egypt detested flies, and would have his servants covered in honey so he would not be bothered by them.

- In Renaissance France, women could take their husband to court if he was impotent 😕 

- While Pope Gregory IX was in power, he declared that cats were associated with devil worship and had them exterminated across Europe. It's believed that the disappearance of cats helped rats proliferate and spread the bubonic plague.

- The Cambodian Language has the longest alphabet with 74 characters!

- Up to 50% of twins will form their own language when they are young that noone else can understand, and the term for this is called cryptophasia

Much love,

Maera x

Edited by Maera
spelling

that last one, the twin one i can vouch for. my mom and aunt did that when they were little. though unfortunately they grew out of it with the help of the school making them take english lessons

@Cross whoa! that's cool, did they have any shared senses or feelings?

nothing they've ever mentioned no. just the usual stuff like switching classrooms, and the language. which sis and i wish they kept up so we could have heard it

Yeah, it would be interesting. I wonder if it is words...or just a few sounds or sign language too

given their stories about using it when their grandpa was around, it seems to have been words. like they'd be chatting and talking to him and he had no idea what they were saying

Haha that would have been very cute and also slightly creepy