DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cairos

The Grayt Field Trip

elo! *hugs and buries under mountains of cookies*

not had a lot of energy or concentration for hobbies lately I'm afraid, apart from some baking.

it's just the thought of getting all the stuff out, and putting it away again.

there are some things I want to do that are pc based (learning video editing for instance) but I also need a break from the pc!

*hugs Via and Lava*

I'm alive lol! Just been busy with work and school started again online.

2 hours ago, Cairos said:

*hugs Via and Lava*

I'm alive lol! Just been busy with work and school started again online.

Cairos!!!! *squeezey hugs*

As long as you're alive and well, we're happy, and rooting for yah😃 go Cairos, wooh!

of course you can have another gray visit! we would love that!

*squishes Cairos into a little pile*

glad you are ok lol

and you are more than welcome to visit and hang out any time you like @Lavandula

That goes for everyone else too, just because you've done a visit before doesn't mean you can't come back 🙂

*hugs Via and Lava*

We are here for you Lava! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Awww you two sweetie pies! *snuggles the Greys* I'm looking forward to another gray visit😃 I don't know the right questions, lol. 

*tacklehugs the incoming Lava*

Welcome back! How are you doing?

Ompfh.. Huggies yey! *squeezey hugs* 

Thank you! RL sooo tired lol, dm vice mostly confused😄

Hows you, anything exciting going on?

On 5/19/2020 at 4:55 PM, Cairos said:

*hugs Via and Lava*

We are here for you Lava! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Ok I think I know now lol😂  

Firstly I would love to hear,  from anyone feeling comfortable sharing, what was your reasoning behind choosing aes sedai track over warders?

I also learned throughout my journey that I have some personality traits that are so common to me that I didn't think about it, but I realized health, both food and physical activities, is a huge part of my life. I don't drink soda, homemade candy is the norm in our house, and every cake and dessert is usually based on veggies and fruit, and (without starting a discussion, everyone is entitled to their oppinion) but I truly believe sugar is a big evil, so a pack of sugar can last a year no problem in our house. I would love to know what kind of relationship do you Gray's have to health? 

So i choose the aes sedai tack over the warders because i loved how they are depicted in the books and how awesome they are. Also my mentor and also a friend of mine were both aes sedai and had a huge influence on me.

As you know already about me, I'm a person who works in the healthcare field. I've been hospitalized twice lol. One for Rhabdomylosis and one for my gallbladder. Even though i dont have a gallbladder, I still eat what i want lol. I'm trying to be better at making home cooked meals which i am doing now. Also i am trying to stay away from red meats and trying to eat more chicken or turkey. I'm trying to eat a little healthier. I'm a big fan of baking desserts and cooking. I love me some rice because i'm asian and also love me some bread lol.

Oh wow! Thank you for being so open and honest Cairos! 

Yeah, I always was somewhat into being healthy, and actually worked in health care too (uncertified) in my younger days, but my health problems definitely made it more of a necessity, and by now it's just a way of life😃 

(Yikes I hope it didn't come of as I'm judging anyone..I only ment it's important for me, and since I think you grays are all kinds of great, I'm curious to know what more I have in common with you😀)

Hey! No dissing the rice (besides there's more than white rice..) I love asian food, lol!  

Well what other hobbies do you like to do? I think you like to cook and bake! What about gardening? Thats right you like crafting like sowing and knitting. Hmmmm what else do we have in common?! What is your favorite color HAHA!

Um...I don't particularly like sewing...I do it out of necessity lol..do you? I prefer crocheting.

Well, I didn't kill my paprika plant...yet...😄 

Well yes I cook and bake, but it's also partly out of necessity, I'm just lucky I also like it.

I also like having herbs, and I love the nature; fishing, skiing, biking, foraging berries, walking in woods and mountains. I also train tricks and dog sports with my dog, and I read A LOT (well usually..a little frustrated that I cant now haha), I love yoga and qigong, and I really, really love to drive. (You see anything grey in here?)

I guess I'm not a very social person😆 ooh, this is fun, my favorite colors are lavender and petrol, what's yours?

On 5/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, Lavandula said:

Firstly I would love to hear,  from anyone feeling comfortable sharing, what was your reasoning behind choosing aes sedai track over warders?

Welcome back - hope you had a nice soft landing!

hmmm, for me I didn't make a choice between Aes Sedai and Warders as such. During my field trip / class stage there were several places that I immeadiately felt more at home in, and they all happened to be in the Aes Sedai side. So although the Warders were lovely and welcoming I never had to make that choice, because I clicked most with a couple of Ajah's.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, Lavandula said:

I would love to know what kind of relationship do you Gray's have to health? 

I believe that health is a very layered individual thing, and is something that the media and society at large can sometimes use as a stick to beat us with. There are lots of things I would like to do better, but at the same time I'm not going to beat myself up too much about it. I am concious of my portion sizes, try to overload on the veg but you know if I really really really want a piece of cake I'm going to have one. I would love to exercise three times a week every week, but if it's just once a week, well that's good too.

Basically I try and focus on the achivements rather than 'failures'.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:37 PM, Lavandula said:

I also like having herbs, and I love the nature; fishing, skiing, biking, foraging berries, walking in woods and mountains. I also train tricks and dog sports with my dog, and I read A LOT (well usually..a little frustrated that I cant now haha), I love yoga and qigong, and I really, really love to drive. (You see anything grey in here?)

Oh absolutly there can be Gray in there - it doesn't have to be the activities that you enjoy, but when someone shares something that interests and excites them, and we all come together to ask questions or enthuse with them even if that's not our thing - that is Gray spirit right there.

On that topic - what sort of berries can you find near you?

Thank you elaevia🤗 oh wow! I see now my choice of words was very bad, very, very bad☺️

thank you guys again for sharing so openly but yes like you said it can be personal.. I wasn't trying to ask you guys..hm..Yes ok, it's like this:

None of us can be put neatly into a square little box (thank god! What a boring world that would be..), like the browns are into cooking and baking even though its part of the grey focus, right?

So I was just wondering if you grays in the same way had any general interest in it even though it's not your main focus.

Like basically if you, cairos, wifi, and any other greys I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, was coming back after a busy time away. If there was step count challenges on the walls, yoga mats all over your kitchen floor, and the cook book was filled with "lava's avocado and banana chocolate mousse", beetroot burgers, lentil patties etc. Would it be a normal day in the gray's, or would you feel it was somewhat misplaced, and maybe more apropriate elsewhere?

Hm...blueberries and..um..I think I will have to come back to you on the berries (it's not my strongest part of English lol I will have to Google some😂) what kind of berries do you got? 

Edited by Lavandula

not bad choice of words at all 🙂

I think the scene you describe would be a normal day to be honest - everyone doing their own thing, separately, together, and enjoying each others company as far as possible. I like hearing about things that others do, even if it's not my cuup of tea.

Someone would probably be marvelling at how bendy the yoga person is, drooling over the mousse, wowing at lentil burgers because they had never though of making burgers with lentils, someone would be knitting in the corner and getting compliments on their neat stiches  and someone else may be stacking the fruit bowl to do a drawing.

I live in the city myself so not too many berries`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````  nearby``````````````````````````````````````````, but there are a lot of blackberries all about.

Oooh yes I get it! I do that too, cause I'm curious😄, and also I may get inspired to do something I like with the knowledge. Like sewing, I don't like it much, but I still find it interesting to know all about methods and stiches, cause you may be able to use it in crochet or wood carving or drawing or whatever else you fancy doing lol. How is the blanket comming along btw (I'm so curious on how you'll stitch them toghether)? 

*Googling* I love those berries, but sadly no we don't have them🙂 we're gonna move into the city too, well it's probably more a town in us measurement😂

you city girls and guys could probably teach me some do's and don'ts haha, I know one already; (from visiting relatives in a city) do not open the blinders to let in the morning sun, unless you want to show of your pjs to the next window neighbors😝