DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cairos

The Grayt Field Trip

14 hours ago, Maera said:

And they are crafty, what more could you want 🙂 I find myself drawn here more and more.

Yeah that sure is a bonus! haha...also, they always make me laugh, and always have a bodypart to lend you (like an ear, a chin or a shoulder), and lots and lots of sweets to make you forget your boo boo😄

10 hours ago, Cairos said:

Good! Keep coming back lol! We enjoy having you and Lava around! Makes us feel young again hehe!

And they always makes you feel better. *points at cairos'  'young comment'* totally interpret between the lines, cairos find lava and maera so young and lively, it makes him feel young too, gonna live on that one for months! *nods nods* thank you cairos 😉😅

On 10/31/2019 at 1:20 PM, Lavandula said:

Omg, hi calindra! So nice to meet you. How are you doing on DM so far? 

(Lucky for you there will be lots of nitpicking to do on my spelling.. you're welcome! Lol)

I really need to put notifications on threads I've posted in! I totally missed this conversion!

I'm slowly doing my rounds; I went through the Ajahs and going through threads in case I missed more than expected. 

Not sure why you'd say your spelling is bad in any way? 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:57 PM, Cairos said:

Welcome Calindra to the Gray Ajah! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Also if any threads interest you jump in anytime!

That's the plan now! ^.^

On 11/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, Lavandula said:

*Lighting some candles, and cuddles up in sofa under the orange blankie, with a cup of camomile tea*

giphy.gif

Hey greys! So how would you say you greys differ from the greys in the books?

(I've read Elaevia's thread, but thought it would be interesting to get it more elaborated..)

Oh! candles and tea!! ❤️ If the idea is teas for the greys and coffee for the whites, I'm totally sipping tea and pulling a chair. 😊

@Lavandula how far are you in your novicehood? I think I'm done my aspirant class, I'll have to choose between Warders or Aes Sedai. I'm honestly giving Warders a chance to change my mind, cause I'm enjoying the Ajahs so far. 

Novicehood would allow me to explore more threads.  hahah!

Now, if only I could find my favourite 5 mountain bergamot tea!

Yeah I just started as a novice though I plan to use a little more time than they mapped out..

Do you know what you'll choose?  I was a little undecided, what helped me the most was someone told me; instead of focusing on what you have in common with each group, focus on wich  traits in yourself you most like and want to evolve.🙂 plus I can always visit the warders if they miss me too much, haha😆

26 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

plus I can always visit the warders if they miss me too much, haha😆

That's fair! LOL

Good point on what you'd like to Evolve. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the Aes Sedai path is what I want, what exactly I'll choose when I finish the novitiate... that I'm not sure about. Besides, if we were really in a tower, we'd been mooning over the Warders, gossiping and going to classes, making friends, having all sorts of activities and such that Tower life would be more like university life I imagine. We'd eventually know, "Meh! Astrology really isn't what I expected! This teacher is awesome, this one hard but fair..."

So until we really get a feel for everything, it'd be hard to choose I imagine; so I'll have to spend more time on the forums.

I'm also trying to work on an RP Warder - May need a new name, but I have her progression figured out. Merchant's daughter, helped with their trade caravans, learned business for the first few years. Success brought the high paying contracts, so now defending the caravans and knowing the streets, she eventually learned to ride and use a sword. Somehow got tangled into Aes Sedai business (probably a tie-in with Calindra Sedai) and this being bigger than her business interests / or a direct way to ensure her business interests continue into the future.

Not sure how they go about the RP stuff, so I'm reading up there too.

50 minutes ago, Calindra said:

Not sure how they go about the RP stuff, so I'm reading up there too.

Yeah me too! Although I never RPed before, so..I'm pretty sure I want to make a young wolf blod, but well..feeling a little intimidated by the characterization..😝

58 minutes ago, Calindra said:

Besides, if we were really in a tower, we'd been mooning over the Warders, gossiping and going to classes, making friends, having all sorts of activities and such that Tower life would be more like university life I imagine.

Sounds marvelous! I like how it's a sosial site with a flare of rp..when I realized (when mumsy sternly told me I wasn't allowed to drink) I figured well then I'm young enough to be a little childish too, so y'all can just keep your drinks..haha..

1 hour ago, Calindra said:

So until we really get a feel for everything, it'd be hard to choose I imagine; so I'll have to spend more time on the forums.

Yeah..you have any idea wich three ajahs you will choose on next step? Or will you choose more than three? 

4 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

feeling a little intimidated by the characterization..😝

What do you mean? Creating the character?

I'm going through some active character bios to see what's being approved, but I've got a process I go through to create my character's background story (usually involves dice throwing). I can help you if you want.

7 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

any idea wich three ajahs you will choose on next step? Or will you choose more than three? 

I might choose more than three... Honestly,  getting to know the people more will help tremendously. I'm also wondering about those groups that have actual goals or those groups that require some helping hand / nurturing. Like the reds seem to have lost a very active leader. I'm really liking the getting in shape white group, helping each other, but that seems to have stalled, and I'm wondering if there are other groups or missions that are similar. 

8 hours ago, Calindra said:

What do you mean? Creating the character?

I'm going through some active character bios to see what's being approved, but I've got a process I go through to create my character's background story (usually involves dice throwing). I can help you if you want.

Yeah..creating the character.. I was told I had to remember to make a caracter that would actually be interesting enough for people to want to rp with, haha.. Makes total sence if you think about it, I ofcourse hadn't lol. I would love that, thanks!

8 hours ago, Calindra said:

might choose more than three... Honestly,  getting to know the people more will help tremendously. I'm also wondering about those groups that have actual goals or those groups that require some helping hand / nurturing. Like the reds seem to have lost a very active leader. I'm really liking the getting in shape white group, helping each other, but that seems to have stalled, and I'm wondering if there are other groups or missions that are similar. 

Yeah me too! I started with the greys, obviously, and will also go to the browns (if @Cross let me in the doors lol) and greens (I'm a perfect little angel😇😇😇) and the yellows cause I really like my mentor💛 yeah I might just do them all, lol. Like you said it's only so much you can learn from reading and asking questions, somethings you can only learn by getting to know people..🙂

16 hours ago, Calindra said:

I might choose more than three... Honestly,  getting to know the people more will help tremendously. I'm also wondering about those groups that have actual goals or those groups that require some helping hand / nurturing. Like the reds seem to have lost a very active leader. I'm really liking the getting in shape white group, helping each other, but that seems to have stalled, and I'm wondering if there are other groups or missions that are similar. 

just keep in mind that choosing an ajah is not about going where help is needed, but rather finding the place you feel you most belong. the ajah that best represents you

13 minutes ago, Cross said:

just keep in mind that choosing an ajah is not about going where help is needed, but rather finding the place you feel you most belong. the ajah that best represents you

Really? Cause you oldies always talk about it's where we will serve best etc..? that has been a real hassle for me, cause I have such a widespread personality I have traits in every single ajah and at least two of the discs, so I wont find any group I will be perfect in, sigh.. If that is the case I feel so much more relaxed! 😄

Edited by Lavandula

19 minutes ago, Cross said:

I think being needed is also important to me, as in helping around,  volunteering, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Calindra said:

I think being needed is also important to me, as in helping around,  volunteering, etc. 

Fighting pasionatly for what you believe in like..the reds? 

tenor.gif

when we say where you’ll serve best we’re talking about you finding the place that best suits you because how can you serve to your highest in a place you arent fully comfortable, or in an ajah that isnt your fit?

volunteering and serving in that sense can be done regardless of what ajah/disc you belong to. we all help out where we can. 

the point in the ajahs is finding you home, not your place of employment if you get my drift. and no not one particular ajah/disc will encapsulate you completely, shoot part of me is green, another smaller part blue. but HOME is brown. its with those people and that identification that i am my most authentic self

38 minutes ago, Cross said:

how can you serve to your highest in a place you arent fully comfortable, or in an ajah that isnt your fit?

Hence taking the time to have a feel for each of them, until I do find where I feel more at ease / at home. And part of that for me usually means doing something constructive while I'm there. 

59 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

Fighting pasionatly for what you believe in like..the reds? 

tenor.gif

LOL - or arguing logically like a white, but yeah... touché! 😆

that is the logic behind the visits 😉

think the reds are more biting passionately in those they believe in 😛

30 minutes ago, Calindra said:

LOL - or arguing logically like a white, but yeah... touché! 

True that! I'm definitely not logical haha, I'm not very fond of winter either, so if you go white you will have to create a warm thread whitout snow, so I can visit😁

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

if you go white you will have to create a warm thread whitout snow, so I can visit😁

Obviously, it's the White tower (not the winter tower) for a reason! Obviously the whites own the place and rent out the property to the rest of the Ajahs... 🤣

Haha! 

So anyone has any grey sides they want to share? (Like cross said even if you are brown you can have sides from several ajahs, so I would love to hear it from aes sedais too) 

*grabbing the last cookie* oh no lava has a sad *pouting*  hey @IdleCuriosity  *poke poke* we're out of cookies! 

One thing that helped me was to use the process of elimination to exclude the Ajahs where I knew I didn't fit. That narrowed it down to about four for me. Ultimately, it came down to where I always went to read the boards first. But you ladies have lots of time. 

Whoops, 

Image result for snickerdoodle

one of my favs, snickerdoodle!

17 hours ago, Lavandula said:

True that! I'm definitely not logical haha, I'm not very fond of winter either, so if you go white you will have to create a warm thread whitout snow, so I can visit😁

deserts can have white sands

oh, or beaches!

1 hour ago, IdleCuriosity said:

Whoops, 

Image result for snickerdoodle

one of my favs, snickerdoodle!

deserts can have white sands

oh, or beaches!

There you go, perfect! And thank you for the yumminess 😁

Edited by Lavandula

4 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

One thing that helped me was to use the process of elimination to exclude the Ajahs where I knew I didn't fit. That narrowed it down to about four for me. Ultimately, it came down to where I always went to read the boards first. But you ladies have lots of time. 

sounds pretty close to what I was thinking of, though I seem to be passing a lot of time in the Gray quarters..!!

*enjoys her lava cake with a tall cup of tea*

There's really no hurry.  ^.^