DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cairos

The Grayt Field Trip

WELCOME TO THE GRAY AJAH!

Living-Room-Furniture-Market.jpg

The Grays aim to create a relaxing home (or per say kitchen) from the outside world. Many of the Grays have similar hobbies and interests – art, writing, crafting, gardening, studying, crochet, baking, cooking, photography, volunteering....... the list of our hobbies can go on and on. We enjoy sharing to one another what we made or what we can do but also being inspired by each others. 

This thread is an opportunity for the members of the Gray Ajah and you to get to know each other a little better, and for you to ask them any questions you might have about their group. Feel free to make yourself at home and have some fresh cookies. Make sure you also read their information stickies!

Edited by Cairos

Wow, cairos! *cuddles up in sofa with blankie and a handful of cookies* This is like Christmas and birthday at once. The best kitchen ever, Chocolate cookies, a cosy lounge, AND a field trip!!! I just wished for a field trip the other day, and here it is! *bouncing in excitement*

What is "stickies" ?

Edited by Lavandula

Stickies are important information about the ajah. It’s another name for pinned topics. These topics or threads are always at the top so people can see them. 

I think actually someone told me before..like earlier today even, lol. Maybe this time it will stick..

lol. Yep and this field trip is for the aspies/novices/accepteds to get to know the gray ajah the members within.

I've come with treats for all the novices and aspies.

m121610.001?$uspdlarge$

348s.jpg

Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask as many questions you have.

Well, I hope he didn't mean you greys were gonna watch us eat it all.. Lol 

What do you guys like to do for fun?

HMMMMM my nose seems to have brought me here.

*chews as speaks* Seeing as we are in the busy Grey area, I would like to know if there are any other fellow crochet lovers in here? :) 

Me, me, me!!! (well not a gray) I'm currently crocheting a doily, a runner, a rug rag, and a hat lol, can upload pics later in the creative post.

I'm not a Gray either, but I love crocheting. I currently have several projects in the works. Have you ever started something and then found it months later and have no idea what you started? I have a project like that. It seems to be a scarf, but I don't know who I was making it for or what it is supposed to look like in the end. 

PS- I used to teach crocheting at a JoAnn's store. 

On 10/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, Lavandula said:

Me, me, me!!! (well not a gray) I'm currently crocheting a doily, a runner, a rug rag, and a hat lol, can upload pics later in the creative post.

woo hoo, this shall be great fun. In future we could also use this skill to weave and trap...ooops I mean protect people heehee,

On 10/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

I'm not a Gray either, but I love crocheting. I currently have several projects in the works. Have you ever started something and then found it months later and have no idea what you started? I have a project like that. It seems to be a scarf, but I don't know who I was making it for or what it is supposed to look like in the end. 

PS- I used to teach crocheting at a JoAnn's store. 

Oh man, all the time. I have SO many blankets I have started. SO try to make smaller things now so I can finish them. Wow, god on you for having the patience to teach!

I thankfully was taught the basics as a little kid, so when I picked it up when I got older I found it not tooooo hard. I really want to make a pretty mandala floor rug soon. It just sucks that you can buy blankets for cheaper than making them (but its not as special).

Hi folks,  I do not "crochet" though I've learned, nor do I knit. Unless it's too nitpick! 😉

I'm an aikido student and practice kenjutsu on the side, I'm also a creative writer.  If I had more free time, I'd learn piano and guitar... languages... and would travel more. 

My goal for 2019 is to sell one of my income properties and use the capital gains for starting my own ventures in 2020.

Edited by Calindra

Omg, hi calindra! So nice to meet you. How are you doing on DM so far? 

(Lucky for you there will be lots of nitpicking to do on my spelling.. you're welcome! Lol)

Edited by Lavandula

Welcome Calindra to the Gray Ajah! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Also if any threads interest you jump in anytime!

*Lighting some candles, and cuddles up in sofa under the orange blankie, with a cup of camomile tea*

giphy.gif

Hey greys! So how would you say you greys differ from the greys in the books?

(I've read Elaevia's thread, but thought it would be interesting to get it more elaborated..)

ahhhh, I love candles. I can never find the matches though lol!

We are very very different from the books I think - more chill, less 'getting involved in the problems of others' and more 'helping others get away from their problems with food and blankets and talk about things they enjoy'

That certainly made it more nuanced, yes! *sipping tea, pondering on similarities and differences between self and greys*

Oh and thank you elaevia! 

I started reading the books eons ago, I think new spring and book one, though didn't remember much of it, so entering DM I actually had no nowlege about the ajahs/discs. I reread book one, and just started book two so I guess I still don't lol.

But my lack of book ajah knowledge in some ways have actually been a blessing in disguise😄 

Edited by Lavandula

Tranquil yet warm and enveloping. That's how I would describe the Gray Ajah. This is the place I come to when I need to destress in a peaceful and relaxing way.

I think this is the only Ajah where there's never been even a hint of drama. The Gray Sedai seem to be amazingly calm and without volatility.

Edited by Elgee

*snugglehuggle Elgee*

yep we don’t have any drama here! Like Via said, we are a chill and relaxed group. This place is like a destress place for me. Gotta have good food and drinks for people to calm down and take a load off their plate.

*dancing on Cairos' kitchen table*

Schmelly feet schmelly feet why are you soooo schmeeee......wooopsie!

giphy.gif

# x=caffeine*sugar

On 11/6/2019 at 4:40 AM, Elgee said:

Tranquil yet warm and enveloping. That's how I would describe the Gray Ajah. This is the place I come to when I need to destress in a peaceful and relaxing way.

I think this is the only Ajah where there's never been even a hint of drama. The Gray Sedai seem to be amazingly calm and without volatility.

And they are crafty, what more could you want 🙂 I find myself drawn here more and more.

Good! Keep coming back lol! We enjoy having you and Lava around! Makes us feel young again hehe!