DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

okay over the weekand i rented 4 movies, i've only had time to watch one of them

The Ugly Truth

i thought this was actually a good romantic comedy.  the ending is predictable of coruse, but the in between parts were great.  i was also pleasantly surprised by the lack of lots of nudity.  this is one that both men and women can enjoy together and had a good handfull or two of funny moments

to me it was kinda like Hitch, only with a womanizing guy teaching a girl how to hook and keep a man.  i was also reminded for some odd reason of "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"

over all i give the movie a solid B

The Hurt Locker

I am giving it a 4 out of 5 on my netflix even though I wish I could give it something more.... like a 4.2.  Overall a great movie.  It had great character development and a strong plot.  I think the director did a great job.  I really think this movie deserves to be mentioned as one of the tops of the year.  With all that said it didn't blow me away... but then again no movie has this year so far.

• Community Administrator

I justed watched...

your mom in the shower.

okay i lied... It was your sister.

anyways i also saw seasons 1-4 of doctor who in the last week.

planning to watch The Road.

even though it pissed me off that I lost 2M on HSX cause of that show. :(

Since 24 starts its new season tomorrow, I have gone through season 7 in three days, to get in the roght mood ;D

Now I am going to go out and, uhm, interrogate the neighbours cat, who was up to something no-good last night...

Unlike you, the cat was getting frisky last night. :P

Since 24 starts its new season tomorrow, I have gone through season 7 in three days, to get in the roght mood ;D

Now I am going to go out and, uhm, interrogate the neighbours cat, who was up to something no-good last night...

Unlike you, the cat was getting frisky last night. :P

If only, once a cat gets lucky, they shut the hell up...This was rather the neighbours cat getting his territory challenged, which resulted in a big fight.  Screaming cats around 4 in the morning...No fun at all.

I watched a movie called Trucker last night.  It headlined Michelle Monaghan and starred Nathan Fillion, Benjamin Bratt, Joey Lauren Adams, and Jimmy Bennett.  It was very much a character driven movie, the plot was basic and stayed simple throughout; nothing unexpected occurred.  Monaghan was brilliant as a solitary trucker who is on the road 9 months out of the year.  She's divorced and has an 11-year old son, and when her ex-husband gets cancer, motherhood comes knocking at her door.

It was a good movie, not a terrific one, but I would definitely say it was worth watching.  6.75/10

Watched The Hurt Locker last night because I'd heard it was good and won a Golden Globe and such.  I liked it a good deal; the character development was a little off and I didn't connect with anyone in particular.  Also, I didn't like the ending (last 5 minutes), I thought it was weird and diverged in theme and style from the rest of the movie.  That said, I enjoyed it, and it's definitely my favorite of the modern Iraq movies.  8/10

• 2 weeks later...

finally got around toe watching "Brokeback Mountain"  it was different to say the least.  a semi moving story but at the same ... meh.

good stroy, but really i found myself sympathizing for Heath's wife more than the two fella's.

I watched Sunshine Cleaning and The Thing this past weekend. 

Sunshine Cleaning was good, but not great.  I expected it to be funnier than it was and the little boy really bothered me.  I really liked Emily Blunt's story arc, but I was less interested in Adam's story.  Arkin never felt fleshed out, he was just kind of a random character.  Nothing stood out to me as spectacular or particularly interesting.  6/10

The Thing was pretty good as far as horror movies go.  It had interesting characters, it as hard to tell who was going to be the next one to split open and die, The Thing itself was imaginative and scary, and I really liked the ambiguous ending.  7/10

• 2 weeks later...

went out and saw  Dear John last night with Bubba. cried my little eyes out cause it touched so close to home with having actually dealt with most of that.  brought back alot of memories for both of us, like having to drop him off at the airport when his 15R&R was over, among other things.

the only thing i can't relate to in that movie is her breaking up with him. it really makes me mad that chicks can be so selfish to break up with a guy while he's over in there. i could never understand it and never will. a chick who does that is not only selfish but also a coward.

awe you can't stand being apart from him   >:( . well he's goign through the same thing only he's getting shot at and having to kill to stay alive. trust me you stupid censored.gif, what ever you're going through, he's going through 10 times more  dry.gif

gettting that letter over there is sometimes the only thing keeping those guys sane while their over in that hell hole.  i have no respect or sympathy for any chick that does that. 

I watched The Conformist last weekend.  It's an Italian film set in Italy during the reign of Mussolini.  The protagonist is a government worker who spends the whole movie trying to conform to society's norms in every way that he can.  He becomes a fascist to fit it, works for the government, marries a woman he doesn't really love because that's what "normal people do", and he accepts a hit job on his former professor because his government tells him to.  Thus, he is The Conformist, blending in to mainstream society in every way possible.  It was made in 1970 and was the film that made director Bertolucci a worldwide name.

In my opinion, it was a good movie, but not great.  I got bored at points and it took me a little while to fully understand what was going on.  It's dubbed in English, so it can be a little distracting watching the lips move out of sync with the English words.  The cinematography was great, the acting was good, and the music was beautiful.  However, it just didn't stir any particular feelings in me.  I would suggest it if you like Bertolucci or Italian period pieces, otherwise I would suggest you stay away.  6/10

I just rented the Surrogate with Bruce Willis and let me tell you, I'm hard put to think of a more apathetic movie, It really seemed like noone involved with the movie really wanted to make it. The dialouge was blah, the acting had no energy. There was really not much of a story arc. A couple of places where they tried to put in a twist and a turn but failed to make me even sit up and say "hmmmm". All in all, I wouldn't reccomend this movie to anyone. Not even a die hard Bruce Willis fan.

Spy Next Door

IF you haven't seen the Vin Diseal version of htis, or the Rock Version of this same movie of a 'spy' guy who has to take care of a 'family of kids' for the weekend, while the perverbial ball of shit hits the fan... Then, you've already seen this movie, just replace Vin or The Rock with Jackie Chan... only you can't understand half of what Jackie says..

It wasn't 'bad' for that kind of movie, if anything watching jackie chan interact with the 4 year old is what makes the show... But I wouldn't bother renting it, or netflixing it. just wait till it airs on F/X this fall for 10 consequitive weeks. ;)