DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
JamesBrown

Caldazar al'Aemon's WT/DM Class

You are welcome to post here with questions or concerns, or you can PM me directly.

While we wait for more formal instructions, please feel free to wander and get to know the community.

@Caldazar al'Aemon

So, let's get started with class. Feel free to edit your answer until completed. Be sure to tag me when you are finished with your assignment.

Part One: The White Tower

1)What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?
2)What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?
3)What in the heck does PG13 mean?
4)What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of the WT/Warders regarding that?

1)What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?

Stolen from JB

"fight inactivity, helping out in any area of the Tower, in any Ajah where our assistance is needed"

2)What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?

The Code is a set of guide lines concerning how to act and the punishments if you don't follow the rules. How it applies to me is that, I strive to be the best I can; and that means following the rules.

3)What in the heck does PG13 mean?

It is another guide line for your conduct. More specifically it means that you should gear your response to what a 13 year olds parent would be okay with you saying.

4)What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of theWT/Warders regardinthat?

Thread-hijacking is where a group goes off topic from a post's starting topic and steals the thread. Spam is repeating the same thing over and over. If others don't enjoy it don't do it.

@Dar'Jen Ab Owain Aes Sedai, I believe this will please....

Edited by Caldazar al'Aemon

@Caldazar al'Aemon

As Members of The White Tower, we are to serve. Part of the adventure is learning where we will serve, and it what capacity.

I hope you are learning a bit as you move forward in your class. If you have any questions, just let me know.

When you are ready, feel free to move forward to the next assignment.

Part Two: The Subgroups

So what we normally recommend is that you start a post in your class thread and go back and edit it over time, and that the format is as follows:

[Ajah/Guild]
--[Who is in charge]
--[general focus if there is one]
--[relevant post #1]
--[relevant post #2]

Rinse and repeat for at least five of the eight each Ajahs and Warders Guild.

[Warders]
--[James Brown]
--[ "always ready to serve and protect wherever the need may be." ]
--[Meet the Warders]
--[Welcome to the Warders Guild]

[Red]
--[Mystica]

--["Red = True Passion and Total Equality."]
--[Welcome to the Red Ajah! Learn all about us. Read before posting! ]
--[Meet the Reds - Introductions]

[Yellow]

--[Nynaeve]
--[fun times and good feelings ]
--[Yellow Empire - world domination ]
--[I've got the power! ]

[Green]
--[Ryrin]
--["Family is a great way to explain the Greens. We are the Fighting Ajah, and that reflects both the need to fight various battles in our lives (be it health or emotion or life struggles) and helping each other be prepared to face those challenges. There is certainly a support system among the Greens." Can't argue with yourself can you?]

--[The Green Biography Thread]

--[The Emerald Inn and Pub ]

[Blue]
--[Sooh]
--[nerdy AF pardon the french]
--[Blue's Fantasy Lounge ]
--[UFO repair ]

@Dar'Jen Ab Owain

Edited by Caldazar al'Aemon

Formally welcome to the White Tower & Warders, Caldazar!

You're in very capable hands with our beloved DJ, but I hang around here too just to get to know our aspies (and because I'm a bit bored but don't tell anyone cos then they make me work!).

I hope you have a lot of fun here!

@Caldazar al'Aemon

Hope you are doing well, mentee.

If you have Any questions or concerns, be sure to let me know. You are welcome to PM me.

You are off to a good start with your class. Be sure to explore the Ajahs and Warders. Try to actively post, and feel free to use links to those threads as your relevant posts for that particular group.

@Elgee Thank you, Mother, for visiting. You are always welcome to stop by and check on progress.

With regards to Part Two:

* We also ask that for the Guild, you go into the focus of each Discipline. The who, spam, and posts can be for the Guild as a whole.

* This part should take the longest as it is the most "work heavy". Therefore if they want to do it in parts or whatever that's fine -as long as all the information is there.

However, we want to stress that this section is the most important, as well. The intention is for you to learn about each Ajah, not just quickly jump in, say Hello, and bow out. In the past, some new members had decided which group they wished to join, and so they raced through the others as a mere formality. This is especially true for those that think the Ajah here at DragonMount is identical in scope and role as the Ajah described in the books. That is not the case, and we want to make sure you understand that, too. Otherwise, you might become frustrated that the group isn't to your liking after all, which only causes disappointment and disruption.

For the relavent posts, please try to link to threads where you actively participated in within that group.

@Caldazar al'AemonYou're doing a great job.