DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Caldazar al'Aemon

What does your discipline; or what does being a Warder mean to you.

There only two-three of us full members around, think I answered this in the ajah choice tread thingy will have to see, is a bit early morning yet to think.

I first and foremost think as a warder not so much disc we worked on and of with them, but they not so integrained in us I think as the ajah is for the AS

To me cuen was all about brother/sisterhood with people I really enjoyed hanging with, most of them are gone now though

I changed to help out though as said warder first and foremost, to me'areath cause it became leaderless (at least is how I remember it) and worked more on other interests having fun debating building whatnot.

They somewhat on backburn and since listed as me'areath last just got that in sig, but either fit me really, if we become more active and discs become more prevalent again..I think I will have to evaluate what fits me more - I honestly dont know.

Ren'shai got some interests and flare that fly me by so not so much me, sports like once or twice a year if that something I may look on if the mood strikes.

I actually started on the novice track but realized there is a bit of all of them in me and to such degree that choosing seemed an imposibility, so went a bit back and forth before choosing to change track. And well the fact I like it so well in the yards just proof to me its a fit. I got a bit of varied interests based on mood and like to try new things.  And well I will visit the different ajahs I guess sort of like JB said helping out on activeties based on mood, but yard is home. I also work in a what is yet very male dominated work enviroment though there are more women coming into it.

So yeah dunno so many things lol, end of day its just where I felt I fited in.

Lets see if we can drag someone in here to flesh out more, I never feel I am that good answering these, they interesting, but my head is such a mess lol so finding the words 😋

@JamesBrown @Vanion

Edited by Liitha

Ok seeing your specification in the ajah tread simpler sum up

The yard  is where I can kick of the shoes, tilt the chair back with a glass of scotch and banter with the guys 😋

I think part of the issue is in books all factions got their role, and while we do see some degree of more interest in some fields in some groups in here. Its also a social club not work, so a lot of us chose where to be based on a feeling of what felt like most home social wise based on our personalities. But it doesnt solely define you either as a personality, because you may well have other traits and interests.

So finding like a one word answer to define the groups apart is very difficult.

Edited by Liitha

I wrote this two years ago when I was a new Warder, and my feelings haven't changed since, so I'll repeat it here.

Throughout the RJ novels, Warders appealed to me more than other groups.

This may sound strange--it sounds strange when I say it--but I've always wanted to be a sidekick. My first experience with this was watching Star Wars when I was 9 years old, and the character I liked the most was Chewbacca. Han Solo was the guy in charge of their duo, but Han would have had a short life if not for Chewie watching his back. The story supposedly went that Han saved Chewie from an Imperial prison, so the Wookie swore a life debt to him.

When I was a teenager I wanted to swear a life debt to my best friend.

There have been other terrific characters like that. Samwise Gamgee to Frodo Baggins. Binabik to Simon Snowlock. Robin to Batman.

Today, I'm still the same. I'm a terrible leader, be it in work or in social activities, but I feel most comfortable being the trusted Lieutenant, the capable Right-Hand Man, the one who plays the supporting role to the central figure.

So in the Wheel of Time, Warders support their Aes Sedai, and in the bargain they gain kick-ass fighting skills, quick healing abilities, and a color-shifting cloak, all things that would come very handy in real life.

Thank you Cal for this amazingly helpful post!

Ooooh..you guys really not gonna make it easy on a poor gal...

Totally get both the chillaxing with the guys (the scotch to although I have a feeling I'm not allowed to say so..blah) and the sidekick is not strange at all! You got a place for people working out (not watching sports)? 

Actually makes sence JB I tend to do that RL I can take on lead if need be, but more jokingly use to say rather let someone else front it, so I can focus on beeing the bussybee behind stage. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:02 AM, JamesBrown said:

This may sound strange--it sounds strange when I say it--but I've always wanted to be a sidekick. 

Oh I agree with this a lot. I'm terrible as a leader, but a sidekick? i'd be great at that gig. I am /terrible/ at overall strategy. but tactics, now that I can understand and work with. My cousin and I have a running joke that if she ever becomes an evil overlord, I'll be her lieutenant. 

I just feel like there's more freedom somehow.

I went Warder because we are sword swinging, ass kicking forces of awesomeness. And let's be honest... the cloaks are terrifically slimming!

As for Dsicipline... I was the head of Ren'shai. Because mumsy made me do it lol

17 hours ago, Vanion said:

As for Dsicipline... I was the head of Ren'shai. Because mumsy made me do it lol

And I can make you do it again. *grins and snugglebites*

Well if your ren you should start some treads for it, I tried but lets be honest sports not my strong side 😛