DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Caldazar al'Aemon

What does your Ajah mean to you?

For me....The Gray is my first home when i got to DM. When i first joined DM, the gray ajah was small and only had a few members. My mentor was Mendorah who was a gray sister and also held the ajah head. She was very welcoming and helpful during my time as a novice and accepted. She made me feel welcomed at the Gray Ajah and loved spending my time here. I am also the offical chef of the ajah even though i'm not a real chef. I just love to cook and bake. ALSO GRAY IS MY FAVORITE COLOR besides red.

The Gray are not like the Gray's in the books. We don't really mediate between other ajahs but we do bring hobbies and things that we love to do here. We have members who enjoy gardening, cooking, baking, volunteering, sowing, etc. We consider ourselves very welcoming and relaxing group.

Also welcome to the gray ajah Caldazar! Here is a array of desserts for visiting us.

mini_medoro_tray_disposable_alcas_014-1_

Edited by Cairos

@Lavandula Thank you for getting my attention.

*hugs the aspie*

Naaaw..I know you busy, but I only know about two of you (are there more?) 

*huggles back* ooooh those yummies looks illegally good!!! 

tenor.gif

@Wildfire Sedai she’s another gray sister! @Gudrean she’s also another gray sister! See we have 2 more lol! 🙂

Edited by Cairos

it's an interesting question and has both simple and complex answers!

The Gray was the little corner of DM that I felt most at home - it was always the first place I checked when I logged on, there was always something here that interested me: lots of good posts and people (not there aren't in the rest of the site, but you know what I mean lol). It's sort of a family within a family.

it must be kinda hard to see some of the differences between the Ajah's at the moment because we've recently changed format, so the posting history that gives each space it's flavour will take time to build again.

There are a few more Gray still on the official role, but I haven't seen them here on the new site yet.

What does being a Gray mean to me...

It means people who have my back, sisters and a brother (I think Cairos is the only Gray Brother :wink: , that I know of :biggrin: ) who I can confide in and they UNDERSTAND.  They don't put me down even when I make no sense what-so-ever in my "rants."  We have a lot of commonalities: poetry, art, crocheting, knitting, cooking, baking, etc.  

What drew me to the Grays...

When I was an aspie I was drawn to the Grays by Cairo's cooking 👼 (He always had some brownies or chocolate chip cookies and milk for us aspies :smile: ) , Mirsh's calming presence, and the array of hobbies that the Grays did.

Just reread this thread, and the field trip, trying to make my weeks with the gray really count...still some of the peaces wont fit the puzzle yet, hopefully by the end of the month it will (or else I might have to make a second round, haha) *pondering*

what pieces are you trying to figure out lol

Ummm..good question, haha..

You know that jfk saying you got over there?

"Ask not what your ajah can do for you - ask what you can do for your ajah."  (Well close enough, lol)

that's what I'm pondering about; could I serve well as a grey?

Ok this is how I see the greys, today with my current knowledge (I don't in any way claim it all to be right, I only been here for 2-3 months afterall, and it is sertainly up to anyone who feel I got anything wrong, to correct it)🙂

You grays might be calm, I really don't know y'all well enough to say so, but you at least got a calming precense, that makes me let down my shoulders.

You always make me laugh when feeling down, and you (at least a couple of you that I know of) get easily EXCITED!!! if talking about something that piques your interest (I totally love it! cause I do that too, maybe why I noticed lol)

There is always something interesting to talk about in the greys (hobbies etc)

I also believe you greys to have better mediation skills than you give yourself credit for. (Elaevia's post further up here for example) You seem to have a marvelous way of understanding other peoples position, put yourselves in their shoes so to speak, and also you always make sure that people understand you mean  no offense, by explaining (again Elaevia's post since it's close at hand) or putting on lol/ haha etc. Also cookies and hugs always goes a long way to deflate tention, just saying😁

And I do second wifi's post above too; grey's are great at just listening (again a great mediation skill) without judging, when people are babbling and ranting, haha🤗

Now this is (more or less, I might have slightly exaggerated some part a little *grins* but you get my drift..) how you oldies (greys and other people that knows greys a LOT better) describes you Gray's:

Greys are always calm, and relaxed and tranquil and chill and any other synonyms of those aforementioned. Grey's do not in ANY way make, become involved, or stumble unwillingly/unintentionally into any sort of drama, and they never ever, ever touch a conflict, even with silk gloves on, at all!!!

That is pretty high expectations to live up to..

(Oh boy..This became rather long, sorry! lol)