DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Lavandula

Throwing a welcome party!

Don't worry, I am on my first read through (on book 8 atm) so there are still a LOTTTT of things I do not know :)

Btw, it is info around the tower about it, but if it may be of interest to any of you there is a DM chat on discord.

@Lavandula Thanks, it is not working for me at the moment (I am on night shift at the moment so using a work computer, so will prefer to do it from home anyway)

Yeah totally! Hey tell us all if you learn anything useful on your trip around the tower, will yah? Different people read different things into the same information😉

Hi @IdleCuriosity, welcome aboard 🙂

I'm still learning my way around, but am only a message away

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm gonna need to learn how to make cake emojis @Lavandula

Oh, I will happily have some tea and a piece of cake with lots of berries on it. 

I'm doing a re-read of the books now, and following along with a chapter by chapter podcast Wheel of Time Spoilers Podcast. I am gonna look into the Legacies podcast too.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, brownbirdsedai said:

Thanks, Lavandula! I will help myself to the delicious goodies you've offered us. I'm looking forward to getting to know the lay of the land here at DM a bit better. When I signed up earlier this summer it seemed like even the old-timers were a bit confused about what was going on given the new site.

Hiya!

I found Dragonmount many many moons ago and lost touch. It does look nice and sleek now. 

back in the day there were little flash games, if i'm remembering right. I played a lot of tetris waiting for folks to talk on the forums. 

Everything is different and it's been so long i just decided to start fresh instead of trying to remember what username my teenage self would have used

yeah I've read them all multiple times. I started as a teenager and I'm in my 30s now. I still find new aspects and details. there are so many story lines that there's something interesting each time I revisit. It's the main reason I love the series so much. 

I had gotten given up hope when Jordan died, but when Sanderson was chosen to finish it was such a relief! 

Yeah, I read new spring and book one in my late teens, a few (ahem many) moons ago.. just reread book one and started on book two, so I'm really new in all ways lol. 

Wooooooh!!!! GLITTER!!!! *watches totally amazed* kaaaaaylee!!!!! *trow self around kaylees neck* 

Just now, Lavandula said:

Wooooooh!!!! GLITTER!!!! *watches totally amazed* kaaaaaylee!!!!! *trow self around kaylees neck* 

What? I solemnly swear that I'm up to... oh what, wrong line...

😈😁

Then tower can quiver from fear of kaylee tonight *snickers* lava will be entertained for hours and hours watching glitter.. Wow! 

weaves air to blow glitter into animal shapes that dance around the room... then enjoys a lovely skittles or 2

Skittles (Chamboard, Sprite or cream soda, and banana rum...I made this up on my honeymoon) 

Edited by Kaylee

*Ooohs and aaahs at glitter animals, while listening to kaylees foreign words (skittles, chamboard, cream soda..) with half an ear*

its cute how easily distracted little aspies are with shiny things

3 hours ago, Kaylee said:

I admit I've never fully read the series. I'm still working it myself.

The audio books really helped me. With all the characters to keep straight of, it was easier when I could hear their names than read them.

I tend to see Avienda and just read A....a

So then get confused if theres another A...a name, which happens a lot! And all the El... names. >.<

The two narrators are /very/ good. 

3 hours ago, IdleCuriosity said:

The audio books really helped me. With all the characters to keep straight of, it was easier when I could hear their names than read them.

I tend to see Avienda and just read A....a

So then get confused if theres another A...a name, which happens a lot! And all the El... names. >.<

The two narrators are /very/ good. 

Thanks for the tip 

On 10/12/2019 at 1:56 AM, Lavandula said:

Welcome @Calindra !!

Come in, sit down, and have some cake. 

*gives calindra drink of her choice* 

How are you finding DM so far?

Thanks! I don't know how I missed this thread! Tea please,  especially with that cake!

I usually surf on my mobile,  and so DM is a bit daunting over the phone. I see I'm an aspirant, but not sure what I want or what to jump into. 

I did plan on creating a Warder with Calindra or a new female character, just to explore stuff, and I'm not sure where I fit in in all this. it's like there's too much to do..?

Next step, read the 1st 3 books again.. and then,  maybe some creative writing..!

hey Calindra!

I took a stab at doing some writing for nanowrimo a few years back. it was really fun! i didn't get anywhere near the suggested word goals but still fun.

what kind of writing do you like to do?