DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Daruya

A Letter from Your Keeper

Posted (edited)

Life changes. While some changes are good, some are bad. Some are neither good or bad. Yet the culmination of those changes sometimes drive changes that are unwelcome.  This, for me, is one of those unwelcome changes.

Pretty cryptic, right? Well, as you all know I've been mostly absent for the past few years. First for my graduate program, then my dad's illness, then Hurricane Michael. I completed my graduate program in December 2017, my dad is doing better than we had originally expected (though a cure is not in the cards), and one year later we are still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Michael with so much more work that needs to be done (90% of which is outside, to repair/replace horse fencing, rebuild a barn, etc.). Plus work has gotten extremely hectic/stressful and by the time I get home from working on the computer all day, I am hard pressed to get on the computer at home, even for something as enjoyable as DragonMount.

The crux of the matter is this. The Amyrlin and the White Tower need a Keeper that is active, who can assist Elgee in the administration of the Tower. I cannot do that right now. Therefore, as much as it pains me to do so, I am tendering my resignation as the Keeper of the Chronicles in the White Tower & Warders.

I am not quitting DM. I still plan to drop in when I can and, hopefully, things will ease up for me in the future and I can become as active as I used to be. You all have been like family to me and I miss you.

You know, I cannot for the life of me figure out how I had more time for DM when my kids were small than I do now when they are grown and one has already flown the nest.  Weird how that happens.

And now, I sign off for the last time from the position I was so excited to fill, as Daruya Sedai, Keeper of the Chronicles, Raised from the Blue Ajah. It has been an honor and a privilege serving the White Tower.

Sincerely,

Daruya Sedai of the Blue Ajah

Edited by Daruya

Thank you for all your service to us, Dar. You were a wonderful Keeper. I hope things settle down for you soon. 

Life has a habit of throwing us for a loop that way. Sorry to hear things have been so trying for you, Dar. Congrats, belatedly, on your graduation. Glad to hear you'll still be around at least and as Lily said, hopefully things will ease up sooner rather than later. You look after you and yours, the WT isn't going anywhere. :smile:

(Hugs Daruya.) 

Sorry to see you stepping down, but happy you'll still be here in DM. Maybe you'll have more opportunity in the future. The important thing is to take care of yourself.

there's no accounting for life unfortunately. but a thousand percent what lily said

Thank you for all these years of service. I'm sorry that life has forced you to step away, what little I have seen you brought a great deal of dignity and grace. I am happy that you are not leaving all together. ?

Dar, since the day I joined DM you have been a mentor, a friend, a guide and finally also my Keeper (and the Light knows I need a Keeper! LoL). We are 2 very different people, which I think is exactly what was needed here. I cant possibly thank you enough for all you've done not only for me, but for the White Tower and Warders. The only light in this tunnel is that you will still be around, and that you'll hopefully get to RELAX some more on here!

Love you long time ?

*Jumps on Dar's lap and shreds her stockings*

?

Life is life and well as the other said you will still be around, which is an upside, and there more ways to help out then staff, just being here beeing oneself shareing oneself helps activety, gives friendships and whatnot...but at the end of the day real life comes first so take care of yourself

Thanks, all.

*Ruefully smooths shredded stockings*

I've been in Canada for the past week on a secret mission for the Amyrlin so I haven't had much time to get online (not to mention wifi access).  Elgee, I'm sorry to say that without my chickens we haven't a hope of successfully invading Canadialand and my chickens were all victims of predators after Hurricane Michael. Needless to say, it will take some time to rebuild our forces.  I'll reconnoiter using the Blues' Eyes and Ears network and let you know if the situation changes.  😄

I will be Traveling back to the States tomorrow but not sure if I'll be able to get online during my layover.

P.S. What is this RELAX you speak of, Elgee? Is that like a VACAYSHUN?  🤣

Noooo not the chickens!!!! *sobs*

Yah RELAX is right up there with coming home and finding that someone did the laundry, cleaned the house and cooked supper 😛