DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mashiara Sedai

October Discussion: Guilty Pleasures

We all have things we love that we’re a tad embarrassed about.  It’s time to bring those passions into the Light!  Confess those guilty pleasures!  What do you love?  Why is it embarrassing?

I’ll go first: I love reading explicit romance novels!  The dirtier the better!  It’s embarrassing because the covers always have naked people on them and that makes me squirm!

Another confession:  I like to dress up my dogs in cute outfits!  It’s embarrassing because people assume I’m overcompensating for not having children.  I honestly just think they’re cute!

Your turn!  What’s your guilty pleasure?

Hmm...what am I willing to admit to this bunch? Hmmm....

I too enjoy the occasional erotica, Mashie. Any recommended authors?

u know thats what e-books for ? no revealing covers ?

5 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Hmm...what am I willing to admit to this bunch? Hmmm....

I too enjoy the occasional erotica, Mashie. Any recommended authors?

Right now I’m loving an author named Keira Andrews.  She writes super sexy books.  *lol* If I’m looking for plot with my smut I love Jordan L Hawk.  They’re both more “explicit romance” not necessarily erotica.  For erotica, I’ve reread one called “Working out the Kinks” by Misha Horne.  Oh so good!  And there was a BDSM one I read called “Not Safe for Work” by LA Witt.  Loved it!

5 hours ago, Liitha said:

u know thats what e-books for ? no revealing covers ?

Too true!  But it still shows up in my Amazon purchases!  *LOL*

Regency romances. I grew up reading Georgette Heyer, (the Queen of the genre imo), on my Mum's recommendation and progressed from there. It's possible it occasionally strays into explicit territory with modern authors.