DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is Michael McElhatton playing?

JenniferL

3 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

What's funny is, I think he'd be perfect for Asmodean.

Well, I've been listening to the audio books and Michael Kramer's Ishamael sounds very similar to BZ. I guess that's what made me so sympathetic towards him. I thought he did pretty well in the silly Winter Dragon and I understood his motives for doing it were good: Actor and fan doing a favor to a friend. So imo the hate towards Winter dragon should not be directed at him, I think he's a good actor and would probably do a good job in the show. 

• Community Administrator
51 minutes ago, Polskija said:

Well, I've been listening to the audio books and Michael Kramer's Ishamael sounds very similar to BZ. I guess that's what made me so sympathetic towards him. I thought he did pretty well in the silly Winter Dragon and I understood his motives for doing it were good: Actor and fan doing a favor to a friend. So imo the hate towards Winter dragon should not be directed at him, I think he's a good actor and would probably do a good job in the show. 

Actors can only do as good of a job as the script allows. I don't have any malice towards Zane and Winters Dragon. My malice is entirely directed at Red Eagle Entertainment.

I would never have cast Zane as Ishamael, but I can definitely see a different forsaken like Asmodean. 

6 minutes ago, mistborn82 said:

@agreddon umm... no. The only movies Adam sandler was ever good in were the Hotel Transylvania trilogy and besides Asmodean isn't to be funny. Adam Sandler could be Narg or Balthamel.

Click?
50 First Dates?
Happy Gilmore? 

But yea, definitely not Asmo. I'd rather Ed Sheeran play Asmo.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, mistborn82 said:

Could he be Ishamael? So far we only know good characters, eventually we're going to have to get the Forsaken and he's the only one in EotW

Technically there were three forsaken in book one: Aginor and Belthamel both died at the end of EotW. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of the Forsaken get chopped from the series since there are so many of them... but a good point was brought up regarding the actor being swapped out at some point for Moridin. I had been leaning towards McElhatton playing Ishamael, however, with that in mind I'm leaning more towards Fain. Fain had a good deal to contribute to EotW - starting out as a minor peddler to suddenly skulking around Baerlon and then Shadar Logoth and Whitebridge. He is the one that drives the Myrddraal into the Ways, which speaks volumes: what human can do that? Machin Shin was afraid of him. Finally, once captured at Fal Dara, there is the big reveal regarding how deeply he had been turned to the Shadow, and for how long. So - it could be a meaty part for season 1! I guess I could see Thom, but I would have to see some twinkles of merriment in those former-Bolton eyes to believe that would be the best role for him. #TeamFain!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting choice. A good actor and a familiar face. I just have to somehow make myself forget the traitorous Roose Bolton whenever I see his face playing the good guy & heroic Tam al'Thor in the Wheel of Time tv-show *grin*

I Like the choice. Hopefully, he will have enough athleticism to match up with what Tam al`Thor does in the books. I have little doubts about his acting skills being more than good enough. Therefore, overall I believe that he is a very good choice to be Tam.

He is playing Tam al'Thor.  My money was on one Gareth Bryne.  I was thinking they would use Tam, who is an importaat, but smaller role, and who wouldn't really appear much in the series, for a major name who could draw eyes to the show by name recognition. 

I want them to do that with Ishmael, use a major actor for the first few seasons, then replace him with a lesser known one when he's reborn as Moridin. 

22 hours ago, mistborn82 said:

If they change it enough so that Ishamael is just pulling the strings and Aginor is the one appearing, get an A-Lister for Aginor. If HBO can afford two A-Listers, surely Amazon can afford one.

Lol, I just pictured Sean Bean as either Aginor or Belthamel.

Literally shows up for 5 minutes and is then promptly killed. 

Edited by SinisterDeath