DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cairos

The Toxophilite Tavern

Meeeh...who needs lysol when we got Cairos's MG brew..or maybe the flaming shots would be better? Might not be much left afterwards, but it sure would be clean! *nods* 

Internal sterilization by fire is kinda where my train of thought was when I got here but the broken door is perfect firewood.

FIREPLACE AND BOOKS FOR THE FUNCTION ROOM AREA - IGNORE THE LIGHTING IN THE IMAGE

I've been using so much lysol spray and clorox wipes #teacherlife Although, schools are currently closed for me until April 3rd and doing distance learning but teachers must still report to the buildings so.....yeah, strange times we're living through!

I'm sure sterilization through would work pretty well though. Hmm....

I've considered sterilization of the work environment, too. Arrival thoughts run something like...

1st thought: "Well, they didn't let it burn down while I was at home. Good job!"

2nd thought: "Seriously? Surely there's at least ONE super moron in the building? It's got to happen eventually."

Realized this past week that the school is mostly made of cement bricks. That might be hard to sterilize by fire? Things you realize when there are no students distracting you every five seconds.....

All you need is a spray bottle full of alcohol. It might not burn but it will catch fire!

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, Helike_ said:

All you need is a spray bottle full of alcohol. It might not burn but it will catch fire!

🤣🤣 Good point....supposedly the custodians have been sanitizing everything but the same jolly ranch wrapper has been sitting next to my classroom trashcan for the last two weeks so......questionable. I picked it up yesterday finally lol I'm sure they aren't doing *as much* cleaning since students aren't in the building but...still.

@Jeannaisais I feel like I'm hiding in my office. Every time I come out, I am wiping something down. There's a HUGE bottle of hand sanitizer on the desk for guests, one in the back office for staff (there's only 5 of us as I had to furlough all my shuttle drivers, breakfast hosts and all but one housekeeper) and a full spray bottle of quaternary sanitizer that all of us seem to be using excessively. My hands are so dry, skin is peeling off in chunks.

And suddenly, it feels like every single bloody guest wants to pay with cash. I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH YOUR DIRTY MONEY, PEOPLE!!! 

This is what I get for working in an airport hotel. On the plus side, I am still working. It's ridiculously slow and besides sanitizing, I have very little to do besides continue my WoT re-read which I haven't done for several years. 

14 hours ago, Helike_ said:

@Jeannaisais I feel like I'm hiding in my office. Every time I come out, I am wiping something down. There's a HUGE bottle of hand sanitizer on the desk for guests, one in the back office for staff (there's only 5 of us as I had to furlough all my shuttle drivers, breakfast hosts and all but one housekeeper) and a full spray bottle of quaternary sanitizer that all of us seem to be using excessively. My hands are so dry, skin is peeling off in chunks.

And suddenly, it feels like every single bloody guest wants to pay with cash. I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH YOUR DIRTY MONEY, PEOPLE!!! 

This is what I get for working in an airport hotel. On the plus side, I am still working. It's ridiculously slow and besides sanitizing, I have very little to do besides continue my WoT re-read which I haven't done for several years. 

I tots stole some hand sanitizer and lysol spray from work to bring home because the stores here have been wiped clean for weeks and as soon as a new shipment comes in it's gone within the hour. Since I still have to be at the building, I can't follow delivery trucks lol I am a thankful to not work in customer service anymore - neither myself or my husband do. He works in metal fabrication and I teach. It's frustrating that I still have to report to the building though because that means my 3 year old is still going to daycare....that right there is probably the most 'dangerous' thing about our lives right now but his daycare is amazing and taking all necessary precautions, which helps my sanity a bit.

I've been considering a WoT reread since it's been a few years as well; however, I have so many classics that I've always wanted to read that I plan on hitting up. I'm currently almost done with Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken. Also reading Kate Chopin's The Awakening (my juniors are reading it) and really need to finish Rice's The Vampire Lestat but I'm struggling through that one. Next up is going to be The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

Woah - didn't realize it'd been a month since being here....I've been writing....and having solo karaoke sessions of disney song covers.....

On 5/9/2020 at 6:10 AM, Lavandula said:

I LOVE karaoke!

I've never actually done karaoke, just have fun when I'm home alone lol

Bar tender?  I'll have one for every empty seat in the house.

We got a bartender? Huh, that's new. So, um, where they be? 🤣

On 7/11/2020 at 2:33 AM, Jeannaisais said:

We got a bartender? Huh, that's new. So, um, where they be? 🤣

Is it a guessing game? Can i guess?? Can I???

I'm guessing um... @Cass, in the stables, with the bourbon!

33 minutes ago, Cass said:

Anyone got a light?

Oh oh! I'm guessing @Zander? at chris's cafe, hanging in the chandelaire. Did i get it right?

(And may I add yum!!!)

Y'all, it's been too long again.

What should be my drink of choice to get drunk after the first full week of in-person face to face teaching with minimal health and safety procedures? Asking for... ahem... a friend....