The Dragoon Inn

Cairos

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

*runs and hide in the recruit room*

*tosses the entire series after her* And get reading! 

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

Thanks! *grabs books and take them with*

*nods approvingly*

Now, uh, @dicetosser1....what to do while we make sure she finishes reading? Reread it ourselves?

8 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Reading? Sure..muhahahahahahaha.... 😈 

giphy.gif

Edited by Jeannaisais
I'm an idiot with a link at first but woot, got it!

Walks in, empties the room of everything except Lava and the series, locks all windows and the door on his way out.

Sets Bunyan on guard duty outside

"Read girl!"

On 5/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, Jeannaisais said:

You'll be disappointed in me again. I've read Interview and The Vampire Lestat, currently attempting to get into Queen of the Damned and....it's not working for me.

sigh   and your just hitting the better ones lol  

1 hour ago, dicetosser1 said:

Walks in, empties the room of everything except Lava and the series, locks all windows and the door on his way out.

"Read girl!"

Lol! I wish.....

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

"Read girl!"

sigh   and your just hitting the better ones lol  

Let's hope that set-up works for Lav. She's been.....obstinate.

The better ones? Really? Is Queen of the Damned better than the Vampire Lestat? I know it's different narrations, which I appreciate because Lestat's POV was wearing me down...😳

1 minute ago, Jeannaisais said:

I L-O-V-E the new environment!!!!!!!! 

tenor.gif

Wake me In a week, and I might even be able to read a page *snoooore*

1 minute ago, Lavandula said:

I L-O-V-E the new environment!!!!!!!! 

tenor.gif

Wake me In a week, and I might even be able to read a page *snoooore*

*blares loud music to wake Lav up*

*shoves book in front of her*

READ!

15 hours ago, Jeannaisais said:

The better ones? Really? Is Queen of the Damned better than the Vampire Lestat? I know it's different narrations, which I appreciate because Lestat's POV was wearing me down...😳

Vampire Lestat is ok but thats at thew end of the series iirc.  Youve got Armands  book  and mmnoch the devil and stuff  

Queen of the Damned is pretty good book

14 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

Vampire Lestat is ok but thats at thew end of the series iirc.  Youve got Armands  book  and mmnoch the devil and stuff  

Queen of the Damned is pretty good book

I'll give it a second shot once I get through Count of Monte Cristo (I'm more than halfway done with it). I am curious about more of Armand's story. The combo book I have put Interview first, The Vampire Lestat second and then Queen of the Damned as the third.....*goes to look if that's out of order* Yep, those are the first three in the proper order. There's SO many of them, wow.

The Count of Monté Cristo is a good book. I reread most of the Cosmere in last couple weeks before Rythms of War comes out.

So nice to see you in here again illian, hope everything is well?😀

Oooh I envy you, I haven't been able to read since 2019. I tried to pick up that bleeping book (wot four) last night, then I tried something a little less advanced/complicated (pocket romance😝) I just can't do it, my brain won't function,  and I really, really need to read something,  anything, cause my brain just need a break from itself, to escape into the world of a book, escape reality for a little while.. Any suggestions? Maybe a kids book...haha!

*frustrated beyond words* 

10 hours ago, Illian Tear said:

The Count of Monté Cristo is a good book. I reread most of the Cosmere in last couple weeks before Rythms of War comes out.

I enjoyed it (I wrote out my thoughts on my goodreads account so I won't rewrite the whole thing here - but feel free to look here). Apparently mine was an abridged copy so I'm going to have to reread with the unabridged version at some point.

The only solo Sanderson books I've read are the first Mistborn trilogy. I'm excited to dig in to other books of his but I made it a goal to read all of the books on my home shelves that I haven't yet read so....wish me luck because it's a lot of classics. I'm now reading The Hobbit, but won't be able to continue to LoTR as I don't have those lol

@Lavandula Harry Potter - I grew up with Harry and friends so this series has a soft spot in my heart. The writing is often subpar and sometimes there's continuity issues between the books, but it's definitely not crazy dense like WoT while still allowing for an escape.

Ender's Game - fascinating story. Don't judge by the move - the book goes so in depth into the implications of sending a young boy to war school. It'll definitely see a reread by me some day, probably to my kid when I feel he's old enough for it.

The Hunger Games - though I feel  you may have already read this trilogy - never hurts to reread a favorite to dig back into your love of reading though.

Divergent - again, don't judge the books on the movies as the books are....decent.

Eragon - super easy and quick read for me.

Note - all of the above, save the latter Harry Potter books - would be considered YA. Ender's Game might even be classified as children's, though I would disagree and keep it in YA based on themes represented.

I can keep going if you need more suggestions....I mean, it is part of my career to help students enjoy reading so, yeah.

I'm a huge potter fan too! I have an agreement to start reading them with someone during next winter, haven't red them in years so can't wait😃 

I actually read eragon, is it the best written book out there..obviously not, but I don't feel all the bad rep it got is fair either, the story got potential although it's not perfectly written. Would I read it again..mmm probably not..

And I read either the first or the two first books of hunger games..

I'll check out the rest, thank you jea *hugs* 

@Lavandula Go with Ender's Game if you want a stand alone novel rather than a series! 

As for Eragon. I enjoyed Eragon and Eldest, but I never finished Brisingr. I think it had something to do with being in the thick of my bachelor's degree where I took way too many classes each semester lol

@Jeannaisais Christopher Paolini is planning on writing book 5 in the next year or so for Eragon.

@Lavandula Ender's Game is one of my favorite books ever. And if you like it enough there is a series that continues the story if you want.

On 5/31/2020 at 5:53 PM, Illian Tear said:

@Jeannaisais Christopher Paolini is planning on writing book 5 in the next year or so for Eragon.

@Lavandula Ender's Game is one of my favorite books ever. And if you like it enough there is a series that continues the story if you want.

I've seen that Paolini is working on more. I'm currently on a personal challenge to read all of the books I already own and we don't have Brisingr or the fourth book so, I'll add those to my list of gift ideas to give to family since they never know what to get me lol

I always forget that Ender's Game is actually part of a series since it works as a solo novel as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 9:52 PM, Jeannaisais said:

I enjoyed it (I wrote out my thoughts on my goodreads account so I won't rewrite the whole thing here - but feel free to look here). Apparently mine was an abridged copy so I'm going to have to reread with the unabridged version at some point.

The only solo Sanderson books I've read are the first Mistborn trilogy. I'm excited to dig in to other books of his but I made it a goal to read all of the books on my home shelves that I haven't yet read so....wish me luck because it's a lot of classics. I'm now reading The Hobbit, but won't be able to continue to LoTR as I don't have those lol

@Lavandula Harry Potter - I grew up with Harry and friends so this series has a soft spot in my heart. The writing is often subpar and sometimes there's continuity issues between the books, but it's definitely not crazy dense like WoT while still allowing for an escape.

Ender's Game - fascinating story. Don't judge by the move - the book goes so in depth into the implications of sending a young boy to war school. It'll definitely see a reread by me some day, probably to my kid when I feel he's old enough for it.

The Hunger Games - though I feel  you may have already read this trilogy - never hurts to reread a favorite to dig back into your love of reading though.

Divergent - again, don't judge the books on the movies as the books are....decent.

Eragon - super easy and quick read for me.

Note - all of the above, save the latter Harry Potter books - would be considered YA. Ender's Game might even be classified as children's, though I would disagree and keep it in YA based on themes represented.

I can keep going if you need more suggestions....I mean, it is part of my career to help students enjoy reading so, yeah.

:O:O:O:O:O:O

You dont own LOTR!!  OMG!!!!!!!!!

Get the one volume edition with the apendices   and you have to read those too!!!!

how do u get a 5th Eragon book? Unless its a whole new set of his adventures...

I suggest Anthony Ryan   his  Ravens Call series is aWESOME!   or Brent weeks for his night angel series

Mwahaha I didn't even remember how many books there were, but I do remember the ending and I don't really see how a book five would go.. Maybe something in the same lane as new spring?

On 6/27/2020 at 4:58 AM, dicetosser1 said:

:O:O:O:O:O:O

You dont own LOTR!!  OMG!!!!!!!!!

Get the one volume edition with the apendices   and you have to read those too!!!!

how do u get a 5th Eragon book? Unless its a whole new set of his adventures...

I suggest Anthony Ryan   his  Ravens Call series is aWESOME!   or Brent weeks for his night angel series

22 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Mwahaha I didn't even remember how many books there were, but I do remember the ending and I don't really see how a book five would go.. Maybe something in the same lane as new spring?

So Paolini is writing more but I don't think it's Eragon's story anymore. Not sure if it's in the same world. I believe the title is "To Sleep in a Sea of Stars"? 

I never finished reading Brisingr and never started...is Inheritance book 4? Idk I lost interest in Brisingr for some reason. May have been my college reading load impacting my personal reading time though.

I will be putting LOTR on my bday wish list but that's November. Gives me time to finish my mission by then (ha - 40 books by November....right....)

• 1 year later...