DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Lavandula

Let your creativity run wild..

Thank you. Isn't he? I just want to squish him and pinch his cheeks all the time lol.

I hope you're at least putting a pressing cloth between the iron and yarn and not pushing down too hard... it's not the same as ironing cotton fabric. The fibres react differently! I block mine by pinning and steaming.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, Taymist said:

I hope you're at least putting a pressing cloth between the iron and yarn

Yes, yes sweet tay, lava got an old dishcloth she uses (on the things she most love, rest is survival of the fittest), see lava no abuse poor innocent little croocket thingys (much) ?*snickers*

21 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

Tay, that's really cute!

Yes, look how those tiny weeny fingers grabs the blankie?

lol thank you Lily. :laugh: 

And that's good to hear, Lava. People abusing fibre or yarn gives me the heebie jeebies lol.

Having traveled some I do see though that the way yarn is made, spun and treated varries, so def would use it for different things and both wash and otherwise treat it differently

Also depends on quality of it, stuff meant to last get the same yarn as grandma use for own stuff, and it lasts and can handle a completely different use then for stuff not meant to last for like decades and generations.

But a lot of the yarn popular for gifts or making deco things here at least are treated and spun for beeing ironed. So yes like any clothes you should always use something between but they have no problem with being put under heat and preasure. Because its a tradition to use both irons and preasure equipment on them from old, though today we mostly keep to iron if that (younger gens are more lazy)

Edited by Liitha

I'm an avid knitter. I'm currently making socks for my partner. I just finished this EPIC tapestry that took me over a year to make. it reminds me of the dragon in the dragon banner. it took me over a year to complete. each of the 550 rows took a half an hour to an hour to complete. I love love love challenging lace patterns.

20191009_095553.jpg

Just a little commercial *snickers*

If you are doing, or interest in learning, any kind of pic art (drawing, painting, computerized art, sigs, taking pictures etc etc) wether you are a newbie or experienced, please feel welcome to sign up for the artist guild here:

So I'm making this hat, well it's almost done.. It's this loop on the inside that is supposed to be curling the band a little up when around the button on the outside.. Clearly the button is missing, cause I can't deside, lol. I'm thinking maybe a wooden one, what do you guys think?

IMG_21112019_140218_(390_x_640_pixel).jpg

Edited by Lavandula

5 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

That's very pretty, Lava! I think I'd use a sparkly button. 

Thank you, hm yes..that would probably be cool, cause I don't know if you noticed but it is reflector in it. I would share but sadly I cant share any more pics *sad puppy face*

I found my little bundle of crochet last night.

I was looking for something else and came across the little baggy. Inside is a few thingys of yarn and my hook and things, and two and a half squares that I can barely remember making. I think I was going to make a blanket, so I will be picking that up again.

The only trouble will be I can't remember what I was doing - it doesn't look quite like a normal crochet stitch- it might be a double lol.

3 hours ago, Elaevia said:

I was looking for something else and came across the little baggy. Inside is a few thingys of yarn and my hook and things, and two and a half squares that I can barely remember making. I think I was going to make a blanket, so I will be picking that up again.

The only trouble will be I can't remember what I was doing - it doesn't look quite like a normal crochet stitch- it might be a double lol.

Awww always exciting to find lost treasures! Looking forward to see the blanket? (I might be able to help you with the stitch if you have a pic) ?

Edited by Lavandula

this is my little curly square lol

and now I've sone some googling I have remebered that there are diffferent names for this stich in the UK and in the US.

which I should have expected really *shakes head*

20191231_184922.jpg

Awwwww that is so beautiful!!!! And love the color! ?

I cant see it clear enough to count when zooming in, but could it be half double crochet in back loop only? What do you think @IdleCuriosity?  

I have a project in mind to make a blanket with squares. I plan to make a bunch of squares with different stitches. I learn new stitches off of youtube. Just a thought for you. 

that's  a good idea, combine learning amd practice, but also not doing millions of squares of the same thing

Sounds like a really good idea!

I know I have trouble finishing big project that is always the same lol. I would really like to make a square blankie to my rocking chair, I'm not really into sewing though so I'm dissuaded by the thought of getting them together lol.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:51 PM, Elaevia said:

ahem *interjects nervously*

..welllll speaking of crochet I happen to do a bit myself as well as some drawing, writing, gardening, soap making and all sorts of hobbies...which is whyyy I thought I would politely ask if I may come to visit you after my lovely stay with the browns as you have been catching my eye for some time with all your goings on :) Would love to see and share what everyone is up to - that is if it is okay with you :)