DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Lavandula

Let your creativity run wild..

? Thank you! May i ask what your favorite necklace looks like? These are just the base, and i need to sand some of the edging on the back. I don't know if I want to wire wrap them or do something else.

Well one of three favs.. ?

It's supposed to have a black chain(?) But thats broken..

Oh they are so cool! I see earrings neclasses, wall decor, wind chimes.. 

IMG_06102019_200335_(300_x_300_pixel).jpg

That is so pretty!!!

You can maybe find cheap chains on ebay if you aren't too sensative to the metals.

Latest batch of felted soaps. Love making these, so much fun. Splishy splashy guddling.

FeltedSoapsForPYF.jpg

Magic :wink: ... or using dyed fibres, hot and cold water, a very little soap, and lots of friction. 

Pray tell... what is 'felted soaps'? 

I mean, I know what soap is, and I know what felt is. My brain just can't mash those two words together.

I'm genuinely curious on the process as well. I debated making soap (little candy sized ones because CUTE!),but what does felted soap serve purpose-wise? Loving the colors, too!

Posted (edited)

ok so not done aka work in progress but yeah someone managed to get me to put sig making awayish (may well end up in a sig when done anyhow) and do a litle manip filter shading run thingy 

nyneve.png.da83e1ba5f1d3b51799e591804e2e4ff.png

so thats what i been working on today, obviously still got heaps of layers of shading to do yet, some on skin and more on hair and need to do something with dress - like put in a pattern or well at least shades not even sure how to get started on that (one problem at a time)

so yeah work in progress, but far enough along to start geting an idea at least of how a rough outline of a potential nyna will look maybe 

also blending of shade layers need to happen but that will go lastso got chance to go back and edit individual layers

Edited by Liitha

On 10/7/2019 at 1:57 AM, JamesBrown said:

Pray tell... what is 'felted soaps'? 

I mean, I know what soap is, and I know what felt is. My brain just can't mash those two words together.

They're basically soaps that have had cleaned/prepped fibre (roving or combed tops) felted around them so they're encased in a pocket of wool/alpaca/similar.

On 10/7/2019 at 2:33 AM, Arie said:

I'm genuinely curious on the process as well. I debated making soap (little candy sized ones because CUTE!),but what does felted soap serve purpose-wise? Loving the colors, too!

The fibre makes the soap last longer and because of the natural hair guards, it also acts like a gentle exfoliant. No need to use a sponge or cloth because the fibre does that job. I use pure Shetland or merino wool to make mine. It's a process of using friction and temperature, (alternating hot and cold to create shock), to cause the fibres to felt together and shrink. As you use the soap, it continues to felt more tightly too, so it shrinks with the soap. Once the soap is done, people use the remaining fibre to either wrap another soap, fill with pot pourri as a drawer sachet ...or even to create a colourful brooch with embroidery in one case I know of. It's completely biodegradable of course. They're great gifts since you can customise colours to match decor and they're awesome as stocking fillers. I make them to sell and they go like hot cakes.

Posted (edited)

Tay: I can imagine! They sounds really practical, and looks great!

Lii: that is starting to look really cool! Your contribution to inktober perhaps?

Edited by Lavandula

Posted (edited)

Inktober is about inking lol..not manipulation so hardly

also hair shading on one side done to some degree we will see if will do more but think is good enough if i downscale to get it in a sig its passable (yes that is where i draw the line or i would never get done and i dont do never done i want to do new stuff lol)

nyneve2.png.604ed9e0113f0e21699dc9b28f5bf460.png

yah calling it good enough got enough shade on it that some blending after resize make it look descent

nyna.png.45dd4fa6918bf5409cf4a6f6e88baf04.png

Edited by Liitha

Posted (edited)

I asked he said it didn't need to be ink..? either way it is really lovely!!! 

This is not so artsy, but maybe my greatest passion cooking (looks a little messy, and also cheating a bit since for best results they should be on a gridiron(?))

IMG_09102019_194124_(200_x_200_pixel).jpg.7514b598b92a18ebeb5137bbc0ae16f2.jpg

Edited by Lavandula

wallhangings 

I got this huge wall space, normally there is this really big floral canvas thingy hanging there, but it really don't fit in for all the seasons.. Last christmas I put up a rustic curtain rod, and hung cristmas balls from it in different length treads.. Now I really want ideas for fall decorations, that doesn't take to much effort, any ideas?

Hi Grays!

@Lavandula you are such a social butterfly :) 

I am exploring all the Ajah's at the moment as an aspirant and I love making things too, I love to crochet, this is a little hat I have made for my baby nephew. 

crochet.jpg

@Taymist ooooh I have never heard of felted soaps before, they look amazing. Does it take you a long time to make them?

On 10/19/2019 at 2:24 PM, Maera said:

Taymist ooooh I have never heard of felted soaps before, they look amazing. Does it take you a long time to make them?

Thank you! They're quite time consuming when it comes to making the fibre felt. About 20 minutes each then they have to dry for at least 24 hours.

Your hat is adorable. Here's one I made for my nephew. Knitted rather than crocheted.

And a crocheted rainbow twirl for a friend.

IMG_20190503_164055.jpg

TwistedTopRainbowBeanie.jpg

Meeeh..that's how i feel about mine too, crooked and curly..they always turn out fine after a wash and some ironing😉 I bet you're judging your work unfairly eleavia, and I would love to see it!😃

You put an iron near yarn? I can't even... *shudders* You'll give me nightmares, Lava lol. Your piece is really pretty, how much more do you plan to do to it?

Yes, Elaevia, show us yours! :smile: Bet it's not as bad as you think, we're always overly critical of our own work. 

Blanket I crocheted for my nephew.

IMG_20180719_093744.jpg

July2018a.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Taymist said:

You put an iron near yarn? I can't even... *shudders*

Um..yeah? It's cotton..? How else are you gonna get your doily flat? 😝 

Oh what a cute blankie!!! and nephew is tots adorbs😍