DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does Balefire prevent someone from being reborn?

Dagon Thyne

Ok we know balefire burns someone from the pattern, and erases their past actions from existance (but for some reason has no effect on the horn of valere)

But does it actually destroy their soul?  Can someone who is destroyed by balefire still be reborn?

I am asking this because I have seen many theories which say that the forsaken are bound to the shadow for eternity,and they always turn to the shadow when the second age comes again, and the dark one's prison is broken.  I'm 100% sure this is true for Ishy, who is the Dragon's antithesis, but is it true for the others?

And if it's true, 4 of them were destroyed by balefire, 3 by Rand, and 1 by Moiraine.  So if balefire prevents them from being reborn then that leaves 3 spots open when the 2nd age comes again in the next turning of the wheel.

So maybe Taim was recruited and bound to the shadow, so he will be reborn in the next 2nd age as an Aes Sedai and turn to the shadow.  

But like I said, if balefire prevents rebirth, and the forsaken are bound to the shadow, than tht still leave 3 spots open.  I guess that means the wheel will just force 3 aes sedai to turn and join the shadow.  The wheel seems to automatically sense needs for changes in the pattern, just like it automatacially link Rand and Moridin's souls when they used balefire on each other.  

• Community Administrator

https://www.theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kwt='balefire'

Check out the second quote on there.

They aren't destroyed eternally, unable to ever be reborn.

I think one time, he said they just won't be reborn 'this' age.

I also seem to recall, dying in the world of dreams, can mean eternal death... But I'm not sure if that's only with wolves, or not.

Yes balefire allows you to be reborn later.  Think of it as sort of a fail safe by the pattern to make sure  someone like ishy doesn't age after age just balefires everyone he sees to end everything.  Sooner or later the pattern would run out of souls.

The forsaken aren't bound to the shadow forever.  RJ said only a few souls are spun out destined keep being important, like LTT and IShy or the heroes of the horn.  Though Brigette did mention once she was a farmer and it was the most boring existence ever.  Just like next time most of the champions will be different.  Next last battle most of the champions and forsaken will be different folks.  I assume it's part of the free will theme.

Edited by Sabio