DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

September Chitter Chatter (2019)

Ryrin

Our SCA Kingdom 40th Anniversary event (that I'm Stewarding) starts in less than two weeks! So that is where all of my energy is going (that and getting my son worked ahead in school enough he doesn't have to do assignments while we're out at the event ? ). We start back in school in August here (still getting used to that even though I've been here 20 years), so both school 'and' work have been back in for a month. 

Oh, and our new dishwasher got installed yesterday! After a month of all of us handwashing 'everything' there is new appreciation in this house for the machine. I have told everyone no more complaining about doing dishes using the machine. ?

My favorite things about fall (when I get them) are cool chilly days, a rainbow of leaves, and soft rains, or gentler sunshine. I like that the weather is nice enough to go do things out in it again instead of feeling like nature is trying to bake me alive. 

• RP - LEGACY

Happy September everyone.

My son started back to school in August as well. Thankfully this year is going much better. He actually wants to go to school.

My mother is currently in the ICU at the hospital. Just taking each day as it comes.

Congrats on the dishwasher. It does lend to an appreciation of modern conveniences when you don't have it. Best of luck with planning the 40th Anniversary event.

I definitely like autumn. Temps can be warm, but I like the crisp. The leaves are starting to take on different hues. Flowers try to get their last bit of beauty out before it's time to slumber.

• Club Leader

Hi all!

Congrats on the dishwasher, Lady. We were without one for several years and I bought one maybe a year ago. We sure don't take it for granted, either. 

Still praying for your mom, DJ.

I'm back in school and loving my Abnormal Psych class. I wish I had more time to read the text, though. I don't have time to read the whole thing, so I end up skimming parts of it. 

As for Fall, we get a little cooler temps in September and a little cooler than that in October, but it doesn't get away from "summer" temps until November usually. I'm looking forward to it cooling off. 

*weeps* My kids are back in school and it has made the world so much quieter....!!! 

Spent the past three/four days getting used to the early wake up time change. I'm no so good with getting up early. Never have, likely never will. (Unless its work, because my brain can prioritize stuff that's important.)

Also been fighting my body with a (still) bruised tailbone and now a sciatic nerve that hates the ELF out of me. SO taking it easy has been a priority. When in pain, i sleep. It's just what I do for my body to recover and heal.

It's starting to turn into autumn here. A little by little, and i'm adoring the subtle color shifts. I'm going to have to start investing in more red and orange paints. ?

*sends special love to DJ*

Edited by Arie

We are having the Great Western War in a little over two weeks. SCA events are so much fun but involve a lot of planning. I’m very happy you got a new dishwasher. I need one soon.

DJ, I’m very happy that your son likes his new school. Still wishing a good outcome for your mom.

Lily, Abnormal Psych was one of my very favorite classes.

Arie, that is soooo painful, plus having to get up early. I hope it resolves quickly.

My youngest son & his girlfriend started school. He has two fire classes & then will have his AS degree in Fire Technology and all of his general ED completed if he ever wants to go on. 

My my oldest son had another radioactive iodine treatment. No more cancer but his ENT-Oncologist wanted to be aggressive. He had a whole body scan after and still no cancer!

Arie, my son sleeps a lot also when recovering. I do as well. The body needs rest to fight whatever is happening that shouldn’t be.

It was cold last night!!! I was outside feeding my kitty and petting her between bites. We had a cool wind too. I’m so happy!

Fall is my favorite season. Cool weather after a summer of melting. I love cooking in the Fall and Winter. The dogs have fun when I take them to the dog park and out for french fries. Oh, and I love hot chocolate. Leaves, some rain, and darkness.

Ryrin, so glad to hear about your oldest son. Yay no cancer! Also that's great for your younger. My husband's degree is Fire Protection & Safety Engineering Technology. Those are some tough classes! Have a great time at Great Western War! Someday I want to have time to try and make all the Wars (probably not the same year. ? ). 

There is the possibility our weather will finally get a cold-snap down below highs in the 80s the week of our SCA event. I really hope so!  

• Club Leader

We got a really good offer on the house. Escrow opened yesterday and I'm already sick of it. lol It's all hurry up and wait. The title company is trying to do a 30-day escrow. I'll be glad when that's over. The only bad thing is that because it's FHA, I'm going to have to paint the trim on the house, because it's peeling. I can't decide whether to hire my handyman or save the money and do it ourselves. 

• 2 weeks later...

Horseback riding is my favorite. However, as I do not own a horse, nor do I currently have access to a lessons stable, my favorite 'type I can actually do regularly' is walking. 

Of which I did a TON last week. Ansteorra 40th is officially wrapped up! I have more time for the rest of my life again! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Lily. Having fun so far. The set is mostly built--it just needs to be painted and decorated. We rehearse three times a week, and sixteen shows are planned.

Apparently Christmas plays are very popular here, because the first show isn't until November 22nd, but the tickets are already more than 75% sold. Gonna be a full house, looks like. 

That's exciting to have a full house! I'm having some issues with my right hand. It can be hard to type.

The weather here is beautiful. I'm taking the dogs to the dog park whenever I can plus sitting outside and listening to the birds.

Wrapping up Fall Break this evening. It was nice. Aside from some family time (going out, running errands, family meals, and continuing our MCU movie re-watch now that my son is old enough to watch 'all' of them ;), and dinner with SCA friends), we cleaned out a really dirty closet, and sorted the DVD collection so it's all nicely back on the custom shelving my husband built a couple of years ago, and have a nice pile of things to give away or send to storage. Also binged all of Season 7 of Game of Thrones with my husband (our first time watching the series through). So now we've caught up to everything except Season 8, which isn't out on DVD yet. The weather has been lovely; chilly in the mornings, and cool in the afternoons. Other than the tornado warnings all over the area earlier, it's been a pretty relaxing weekend! (Oh, also, we hid in the house all day Saturday because the University had Homecoming and that pretty much makes going anywhere in town a living nightmare). 

Lol, hiding in the house. I’ll bet it was a good idea.

Just loving the weather right now. Trying to motivate myself to clean out the hall closet.

I love cooking in the Fall! Pumpkin bread and meals in the oven.

Spending lots of time with my dogs.