DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Member Welcome!

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 8:47 PM, Arie said:

Soo.. what's your favorite thing to read, and your favorite -ship? (Your own, WoT or other Fandom?)

Gettin' around to yer great question @Arie! My favorite thing to read is Wheel of Time, of course, but more generally, that saga. The long journeys with characters over broad landscapes and worlds, even time! Reminded of Casca the Eternal Mercenary or Dark Elf Trilogy.

My favorite "-ship"? Not sure how to take this, so I'll answer all the ways I could conceive! 

"fellow-ship" - Dragonlance was one of the first epic fantasy series, so it maintains a place in my heart and over my heart, i literally have a portion of a book cover as a chest tattoo haha

"author-ship" - No one can take on Robert Jordan. His foreshadowing, depth and breadth of characters and world, and the audacity to challenge status quo and internal belief systems. Untouchable 😉

literal "ship" - Time Bandit galleon. What a beauty! and the word is...Amazon picked it up for a TV series 😉 

• 1 month later...

Hi! This seemed to be the right thread (apologizes if it is not). I'm not sure if I am to join, I wanna write poems...I wanted it sincee high school really, but life..

now due to me being disable to do a lot of other things I enjoy lately, I thought of it again..I'm having trouble getting started though, is this something you would discuss, hold classes or help with in here, or is it more individual working and then share for evaluation?

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

@Lavandula I adore you, and i'm sorry I missed this! (loading forums, amrite?) 

The club is a bit of a support group, while also being a safe space (i hope!) to share projects and inspire new, fun ideas. I'm not sure how to answer your question? My poetry is often just jumbled thoughts in fancier words. Or very melancholy.

I missed a few welcomes! Hello @Taei @Jeannaisais @metalheadgirl22 and @SableSage!

What are some of your favorite writing tools?

Edited by Arie

Hello @Arie, thanks for the welcome. 

For writing tool, I prefer writing using good old pen and paper, but when those aren't available I resort to writing on my phone. It's usually just poems though. Any stories I write using any Word Processor available, as long as they connect to cloud. 

@Lavandula Nice to meet another who likes writing poems. Do you share your poems here on Dragonmount? 

Weeeell I haven't really written much yet, well I guess in a way I have..I'm that one odd relative that writes funny songs for family ocations, that makes everyone embarrased, but it is a marvelous icebreaker😁 I would like to write something more serious not nessesarily sad just well serious. What type of poems do you prefer? I would love to read something, if you like to share, maybe it will inspire me even😊

Oh sorry...Welcome nice to meet you! 

Edited by Lavandula

Welcome (male?) @Estel

Yup, still weird. (but that's on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Other than poetry games, what draws you to writing?