DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Arie

New Member Welcome!

We are a pretty small and eclectic group and it feels right to give appropriate welcome! 

Our three NEWEST Joinee's since I've taken over are @RedFive @Cass and @Calindra!!

Soo.. what's your favorite thing to read, and your favorite -ship? (Your own, WoT or other Fandom?)

8 hours ago, Arie said:

We are a pretty small and eclectic group and it feels right to give appropriate welcome! 

Our three NEWEST Joinee's since I've taken over are @RedFive @Cass and @Calindra!!

Soo.. what's your favorite thing to read, and your favorite -ship? (Your own, WoT or other Fandom?)

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I'm a big fan of Kim Harrison's Hollow's series, loved Patrick Rothfuss' Name of the Wind (still waiting patiently for the third book), Jim Butcher has a place on my shelf,  including Robert Jordan's WoT (which I haven't re-read in decades).

I've been delving in Star Wars fiction writing for several years now, and was hoping to get back into the series and write some fiction,  but I just saw that WoT isn't allowed? :/

Given that,  I'm still pondering what I'll dive into. I'm loving the Dragon Prince series on Netflix, and I've been toying on creating myself a Moon Elf!!! <3  The show is really well done,  with a good range of characters, most of them noble with good intentions,  struggling with a darkness within them.  Some are more prone to restraint, others indulge their darker sides, unaware that they're corrupting themselves at the same time. They even have a mute general who uses sign language...! I was and still am very impressed with the show!!

3 hours ago, Calindra said:

but I just saw that WoT isn't allowed?

You will find this on all official WoT communities. While Robert Jordan specifically didn't feel troubled with us writing our own characters to explore his world (Roleplay), he very much didn't like changes to the characters he wrote. It's not uncommon with most writers, their characters are their stories to tell. Thus we have a Roleplay group, not a fanfiction group.

I really like the Hallow series too! I read book 2-5 at one point and put them down. I keep meaning to pick them up because I no longer remember them well. Butcher is a staple in our household. Husband has read through them 7 times now. (And counting)

I keep meaning to sit down and watch the Dragon Prince. I loved Avatar dearly and is a great go-to when i'm not feelign like watching much on TV. But there are so many other great things on TV, especially since Netflix added a bunch of asian drama. >.>

Edited by Arie

Belated thanks Arie!

I generally love any fantasy/sci-fi, am getting more into non-fiction bios and things as I age. Unfortuantely, being back at uni doesn't leave a lot of leisure-reading time these days! So more recently, I've really enjoyed reading up on the psychology of learning, and learning-theory ? Besides that, I've just finished audio-booking WoT to the end, and the RP's here keep me entertained.

I don't know if I have a favourite fandom, but I've been a member of DM's RP on and off since the beginning, and have always loved it.

Recommendations for anything new in the holidays would be gratefully accepted!

There are always so many good books coming out, it's often worth browsing the new releases. ?

Welcome @Pip And @Oddpositions! What brings you to our neck of the woods? What do you like to write?

Well I wanted to be 'Verin's notebook' first, but that was taken! So when I was thinking of someone else's something, Seaine and her thick black eyebrows kept popping into my head ? 

Hello btw ☺️ guess I might do a quick intro! Love reading and writing, though I do a lot more reading than writing these days. I love sci-fi, lots of alien invasion and post-apocalyptic stuff, sci-fi romance is great too, though it's hard to find a good author who can make it work.

I'm currently in the middle of rereading WoT, actually my very first reread funnily enough, since I first picked up tEotW twenty years ago. I used to RP a lot back in the day so have combed through the books a bit, just not properly read through a second time, and it's amazing how much there is to pick up the second time!

Anyway yes. Hi ?

Ooooh ?hiya

I went back to the books for the first time in years recently, and found the same thing!

Did you used to rp here? 

It's like a whole other layer that didn't exist the first time! And it's funny to read it not being the same age as the gang now too ☺️

Yeah I'm not sure if I RPed here. I started at the NWT, then was offline for ages before my parents bought a new computer (ahh the good old days), then when I came back the NWT had split, so I RPed mainly at silklantern. But I had chars at a few different sites so it's possible. It's actually really cool that Dragonmount is still around ?

I agree - I definitely missed a bit reading at age 13, and caught new layers listening to the last few books on audio recently. I'm not sure what you mean by NWT, but I was here from about '98/'99 originally, and also think it's cool that the place is still around!