DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
blank

De - stress

Hello!

I need tips for relaxing a racing brain.

Things have been busy in real life (in a good so don't worry) and I cannot get my brain to shut up - it's even difficult getting me to chill out and read. 

Any suggestions?

Hi, blank. 

Dealing with a lot of stress right now too. Glad to hear yours is more positive though.

Things that might help...

Plan a little you time, even if only 30 minutes to do something for you. Read, listen to soothing music, enjoy a cup of tea. (All at once does sound nice.)

Try listing what you need to do, Mark off as complete items, and reward yourself with something small when you complete a task.

Hope that helps a little. I'm trying to listen to my own suggestions.

Find some mindless simple thing to do, puzle, game like merge dragons, or some similar. Just find an aim in that to focus on, stuff like that dont take a lot of consentration to start or hold, but still give something else to focus on.

Long warm shower, candle lights, whatever snack is your preference..generally anything that can help release endorphines as bodys own painmed and relaxer. Its why horses for instance will become crib biters, stress and then the focus help them destress, even if you remove cause of stress the animal would continue when it gone to point of geting release from the bad habit.

Obviously dont do something destructive, but like said find positive ways for geting same result, and should help with stress.

Yoga, walking in the woods, relaxation exercises, Chamomile tea (with honey) and lavender oil, are my go-tos. 

Breathing techniques help too. While relaxing the muscles.

Thanks for the excellent tips ladies!

I think all the stuff is piling up so I'll take DJ's idea and make lists (I love lists) of my to do stuff so I feel more organised and then I can actually enjoy my relaxing leisure time!

First entry on the To Do list?

"1. Make To Do list."

When you're done, you get the satisfaction of crossing it off. Instant accomplishment.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, JamesBrown said:

First entry on the To Do list?

"1. Make To Do list."

When you're done, you get the satisfaction of crossing it off. Instant accomplishment.

I love a to do list. Whenever I have a lot to do I always place stuff on it that I've already done so it reads more like a list of all the stuff I did that day rather than a helpful tool haha.

Things have been a little better for me this week! I was not deliberately being evasive on what's going on, I just don't want to jinx myself! If everything all goes to plan, then me and partner will have bought our own flat! So far so good...

(Hugs all those stressing.)

Just know that we're not a lone and we have folks that care about us. Might not help with de-sressing, but might help encourage us.