DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Mark R Mitchell

Should Elayne take over Mins role? Spoilers!

Well I wish I hadn’t mentioned it now. I do think, however, that if you are wishing for a book adaptation where all characters are exactly as you saw them in the book then you’re going to be disappointed. The art of telling the story on TV, and for an audience in 2019, will entail changes to story arcs, characters, and even some end points possibly. In order for the series to be commissioned beyond one series they will need to reach a broad audience. 

3 minutes ago, James al'Dylan said:

Well I wish I hadn’t mentioned it now. I do think, however, that if you are wishing for a book adaptation where all characters are exactly as you saw them in the book then you’re going to be disappointed. The art of telling the story on TV, and for an audience in 2019, will entail changes to story arcs, characters, and even some end points possibly. In order for the series to be commissioned beyond one series they will need to reach a broad audience. 

I entirely agree that they need to reach a broad audience rather than a narrow one. GOT managed to reach a broad audience and had gay characters.

As pointed out in prior posts Min can also be part of achieving a broad audience as she is a more relatable character than many. 

There are clear areas where they can bring out a LGBT element without derailing the core story. Whether that be the pillow friends of the Aes Sedai, or by making a character like Galad gay.