DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shout Outs!

Cass

So often, things stand out as awesome in a RP (planning/reading/writing) - but they don't always have much chance to be acknowledged in the actual thread by participants at the time, or get noticed by those not directly involved.

Feedback is a great thing! So tag an author and shout out kudos/link to any awesomeness  as you come across and appreciate it, and this shall be the glowing and definitive guide to all DM RP gold - be it one-liners, paragraphs, moments of hilarity or tear-jerking, planning processes, entire arcs, traits or characters.

Highlights of these deserve to pile up in one central place!

Have at it!

Well you asked for it, I'm giving @Cass and @Quibby a shout out first because the Ascension arc was beautifully written, from both pov. I could absolutely feel Eb's rage and frustration during the intermission and Mehrin is one of my all time favourite PSW characters. He's so solidly brilliant as a fighter balanced against all that angst and self blame/guilt.... it was just a wonderful plot line. Kudos to you both. I'll grab links in a minute or three.

Ok here we go.

Instigation (Ascension Arc Prologue)

Introduction (Ascension Arc: Part One)

Intermission (Ascension Arc)

Infiltration (Ascension Arc: Part Two)

3 hours ago, Taymist said:

Well you asked for it, I'm giving @Cass and @Quibby a shout out first because the Ascension arc was beautifully written, from both pov. I could absolutely feel Eb's rage and frustration during the intermission and Mehrin is one of my all time favourite PSW characters. He's so solidly brilliant as a fighter balanced against all that angst and self blame/guilt.... it was just a wonderful plot line. Kudos to you both. I'll grab links in a minute or three.

Ok here we go.

Introduction (Ascension Arc: Part One)

Intermission (Ascension Arc)

Infiltration (Ascension Arc: Part Two)

Oh, SO many moments of !!! ❤️ ! with the posting in that arc, each time I logged on to a new post I was inspired by what was there.

Definite Kudos to Quibbs for the storyline and everything Mehrin. The mix of seriousness, angst, danger and humour has always been beautifully put together there - I

doubt I'd be able to find it now, but there was a training thread back in the day between Mehrin and Eb that ended at sunset that I still remember because of the brilliant writing and scenarios on Quibbs' part.

Shout out to @Sherper too, for his writing in Part One above. 

Indeed. There's no offense or bad reflection intended to the vast majority of writers but I have maybe 6 or 7 writers across my time as lead for the RP, whom I really rate as very good (I read a LOT of threads)... and of those maybe 3 or 4 who are exceptional. Quibs is one of the latter. And I'm fairly sure by now he knows that I think that, so it's no secret.

Before we break into specifics with the newer round of RPs coming in, I wanted also to mention @Arinth for his posting way back in Eb's return to the band - the way he expressed Arinth's thoughts and actions of... disgust and practicality... and still maintained a lilt of humour in the writing had me grinning ear to ear on repeat.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to our characters' new spats and adventures together. 

And @The Bard Babe for the same thread, particularly the way she wrote concerning Arkin and Arinth, also made me grin and love the two characters even more ?

@Sherper again, if he's around, for the spunk he brought to Jeral and the honestly scary sneer he gave to the Officer Edward Fawn.

... That whole thread was so fun to do, even if (especially since?) it got poor Eb in so much trouble! 

8 minutes ago, Cass said:

particularly the way she wrote concerning Arkin and Arinth, also made me grin and love the two characters even more ?

Yes! This. I adore the way those two write together. Have you read the Tinkers thread yet? That's my next shout out. When BB writes about Arkin dancing and performing then spilling about Tanchico ...well dang, it was totes emosh! Really lovely fluid passage that one. And added to Arinth's heart searching over his path in the wake of Tanchico too. Honestly, they write so well. Their tattoo thread is lovely *nods* ...like literally just read all of their threads. :wub:

Aaaannnnnd, for the little I've read of the new stuff.

The intro paragraphs to the Reality is Just a Matter of Perception

Where @Taymist gives such a dank pessimistic tone to Rhya's thoughts I could almost taste the air and see her at the window with the heaviness of the weather on her soul...

On 8/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, Taymist said:

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
And darker days are drawing near

Rhya had pulled back the curtains with a distinct lack of hope that morning. Outside, the sky had been greeting the start of a new day with an impressive array of grey shades, along with a sort of smug heaviness that promised rain would be an all too likely outcome. 

and 

@Nynaeve's lazy leaf gazing description, that had me marveling at the beauty even before I got to the part where Lorelai enjoys this time of year. 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:03 AM, Nynaeve said:

Lorelai was laying on the ground looking at various yellow leaves descending from the tree tops. The breeze gave them a light spin, making them linger and float before they inevitably landed. She enjoyed this time of year. The green was starting to fade into shades of red, orange, brown and yellow. It was as if the world was dying so it could start anew. But even endings could be beautiful in their own way. A celebration of colors and textures.

The fact this sort of mood isn't necessarily one I equate with what I usually see from Nyn's writing in chats and mafia and knowing English isn't her native tongue makes this even more impressive, I think.

I feel like creative writing, especially the art of making mood and surprising others with words without it feeling jarring if it goes against prior experiences and impressions can be hard in any tongue, let alone a foreign one,  but this nailed it for me! 

4 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Yes! This. I adore the way those two write together. Have you read the Tinkers thread yet? That's my next shout out. When BB writes about Arkin dancing and performing then spilling about Tanchico ...well dang, it was totes emosh! Really lovely fluid passage that one. And added to Arinth's heart searching over his path in the wake of Tanchico too. Honestly, they write so well. Their tattoo thread is lovely *nods* ...like literally just read all of their threads. :wub:

Assignment.... what assignment?? ?

23 hours ago, Cass said:

Oh, SO many moments of !!! ❤️ ! with the posting in that arc, each time I logged on to a new post I was inspired by what was there.

Definite Kudos to Quibbs for the storyline and everything Mehrin. The mix of seriousness, angst, danger and humour has always been beautifully put together there - I doubt I'd be able to find it now, but there was a training thread back in the day between Mehrin and Eb that ended at sunset that I still remember because of the brilliant writing and scenarios on Quibbs' part.

Shout out to @Sherper too, for his writing in Part One above. 

I have this in my archived threads, if you want it.

EDIT: CATCH!

Edited by Quibby

Thank you guys for the kind words. I come here to have fun writing and I'm glad when others are able to enjoy it as well. There are soo many great stories that everyone has written I don't know where to begin but I will keep an extra eye out for future shout outs

• 3 weeks later...

Shout-out to these two in the beginning of the new thread, 'Gone too long' - simultaneously breaking and melting my heart :wub:?

5 hours ago, Matalina said:

Nox wasn't a pacer, but he felt the itch to move.  To run to walk, just to move, but he couldn't make himself get out of bed.  Mer's scent was fading from the blankets, and Nox tried so hard to preserve it. 

1 hour ago, Oddpositions said:

… It was beyond heartbreaking. Curse the Dark One and everything he had done to Nox and the rest of the world.

Strong. He would be strong for Nox if nothing else.

“I’m here. I’m not going anywhere, love,” Merdyn cooed as he deposited ...

And Quibby, in Infiltration (Ascension Part 2), building tension, with Mehrin up to some tricks ...

2 hours ago, Quibby said:

Mehrin's nonchalant attitude lasted until the door closed behind Eb as she made her way downstairs. The click of the handle slipping into place made him slump in his chair like a puppet with cut strings, all the tension that he had been hiding suddenly appearing on his face. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

By the time he heard Eb cursing her way back up the outside stairs, Mehrin had rigged the window with two wires to reinforce the lock, as well as a razor snare on the floor under the window. The door would be wedged shut on top and bottom in addition to the lock. He had just lit his shuttered lamp and sat down when...

I agree! I literally finished reading it 2 minutes ago. I love their whole story line so far but Mat your description of Nox was breaking my heart and when Merdyn dropped all his books at the sight of him..... just *sigh* ...lovely posts. 

• Arie unpinned this topic