DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mashiara Sedai

September Discussion: Favorite Sodas

Here in Arizona we have several stores that specialize in selling soda.  One is called Sodalicious.  They mix sodas with hundreds of flavors!  And even the major brands are coming up with all sorts of interesting combinations.  Orange Vanilla Coke.  Strawberry Guava Diet Coke.  Mountain Dew Voltage.  The possibilities are limitless.

So, what’s your favorite soda flavor?  Are you brave enough to try all the crazy new flavors?

I am a complete Pepsi addict. I like the one with real sugar, but I'll drink regular Pepsi, too. I'm trying very hard to kick the soda habit, because they are terrible for your health, but I can't seem to get below 3 a day. 

I’ve been having a hard time with caffeine lately, so I stopped drinking soda regularly for that reason.  (Even my coffees are usually decaf.)  But I will indulge in a caffeine free Coke every few days.  They still taste so yummy!

But I do like to surprise my husband with new and interesting flavored food and drink.  He tried the dark berry Dr. Pepper and liked it.  He drank the orange Vanilla Coke, but I don’t think it was his favorite.  He really liked the Voltage Mountain Dew!

i havent had caffeine in a year so no more coke for me, and i really dont drink more than one to two soda's a week. BUT i do love a prickly pear soda out here, and thankfully its caffeine free. 

I usedto drink the caffeinated ones like crazy, but I got to notice more and more the negative effects they were having on me. These days I have one of the 20-ounce bottles split between two days in the mornings at work to help me function, and that's all the caffeine I allow myself. The rest of the time I drink non-caffeinated brands, but just as often I will have a bottled water instead. Canada Dry's blackberry ginger ale is delicious, and I like their ginger ale and lemonade flavor. We have a 12-pack of their new ginger ale and orangeade, but I haven't actually tried any yet.

And it's not soda, it's pop.

*lol* 

My husband calls it “pop.”  I usually cover all my bases and say “soda pop” when taking about it.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried ginger ale.  I bet I’d like it!  I used to drink the cream soda and mix it with sugar free butterscotch flavor for a quick butterbeer.  Yum!

My favorite is one that I can never find  anymore, diet chocolate fudge.

i also enjoy the seasonal cranberry Sierra Mist.

also never see it anymore.

i used like plain old coke but sugar so.

when I was a kid we got syrups and seltzer delivered every week so I could mix flavors. I'd usually mix vanilla with cola. But mostly I just liked egg creams.  I miss the soda man. So much more practical then a milkman or the fuller brush man. The egg man was ok but he only delivered once a year when we'd want a gross of eggs.

Oh vendors ginger ale is great.

Got to admit I don't drink a lot of soda. I drink Coke Life on occasion. If I'm treating myself, a cherry coke.

Coke Zero for me. 

As a child in Colorado, it was 'pop', and nothing else.

Then I attended school in Missouri and had to learn to call it 'soda'.

Then I moved to Texas and was even more surprised to learn that it must be called 'coke'. Pepsi, Coca-cola, Sprite, Orange--doesn't matter. It must be called 'coke'.

yup its coke out here, or soda, never pop unless its coming from someone from the midwest

Over there it's Dr.pepper or mountain dew mostly, otherwise a fan of fanta if want something simple, or Apple soda mixes of various types

America have much cooler "soda" than we do in Scotland.

A lot of people in the UK call it pop and soda but everyone I know calls it fizzy juice. We are a literal people hahaha.

I love a diet coke and Dr Pepper Light. Love that cherry aftertaste

Edited by blank

I want to call it “fizzy juice” from now on!  That sounds amazing!

@Cross what is cactus cooler?  I live in a place with cacti and I’ve never heard of this!

On 9/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, kukasö said:

I think I drank soda last time about 15 years ago  😱

Woah!  I once went 5 years without soda, but I drink it regularly now.

Any reason why you don’t?

14 hours ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

Woah!  I once went 5 years without soda, but I drink it regularly now.

Any reason why you don’t?

I don’t remember why I stopped 😄

I don’t drink any sweet drinks usually. Maybe juices, but very seldom.

I eat too much sugar even without drinks.

And I don’t really like drinks to be sweet.

16 hours ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

This sounds amazing!  I’m gonna google and see if I can find it here!

I'm pretty sure I've seen it here, but I couldn't tell you where.