DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

This is partial a test to see if the privacy of the googledocs works (You need approved access to read), and also because i'm tired of feeling stuck with this scene. 

And it's really simple! They need to touch hands and fade to white light, and in the hands of the on a pearl that holds the light of an evening star. 

But the MC (Tarsala) hates and other and is super angry and won't co-operate. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oG8t-mtVQb7ttIZZjQEsaa3Q7wcqWWvZvIOXBnkH5fs/edit?usp=sharing

Haha, i think you're the only one still with access to the GFiles. so i'm happy you can see it! That part worked. 

As for what I'm asking, how do you deal with characters that hate each other the you need to force to do things. I dont' want it to feel forced.

With a lot of grumbling about not wanting to do it?

Actually going to be doing this I think for NaNo writing a story where my two potential love interest characters are forced to work together against both their wills for the advancement of them both.  And I see there being a lot of arguing, a lot of grumbling, but because they both want the same thing in the bigger picture they do it.  But not without letting the other one know they don't want to be there.

But forcing it, maybe that's what is needed.  Short curt sentences to show that it's over as quick as possible as a style choice.  Really depends on who's PoV it's from and the characters deep down feelings.  What do they really feel about the opposing character?  Do they hate them for something superficial or was it something unforgivable?

Hmm, that is good advice. 

So, one has a complicated story trying to prove herself. And during a test of combat the other interrupted it. (The one she was sparing was possessed and was going to kill her, but only Teralyn could see it, and Ismitta could feel it.. after the point.) Tarsala has a stick up her butt about it, feeling that the whole thing was sabotage.

The book is called 'hand to a god', and it's a journey one how one becomes a god after the previous one passes. Tarsala is the chosen replacement, and Teralyn was appointed to help her there.

so in this instance I'd have Tarasala reluctantly accept her help.... like... well fine if that will make you leave me alone and get out of my way faster... fine you can stay sorta thing.

And at any instance until she warms up to her point out she doesn't want her there, and is unsure of her 'wisdom' doubts her and her motives... until that point where teralyn gains her trust and they have a meeting of the eye.  

I'm envisioning Disney Hercules and his training with the Saityr who I can't remember his name.  Except in reverse.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:59 PM, Arie said:

This is partial a test to see if the privacy of the googledocs works (You need approved access to read), and also because i'm tired of feeling stuck with this scene. 

And it's really simple! They need to touch hands and fade to white light, and in the hands of the on a pearl that holds the light of an evening star. 

But the MC (Tarsala) hates and other and is super angry and won't co-operate. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oG8t-mtVQb7ttIZZjQEsaa3Q7wcqWWvZvIOXBnkH5fs/edit?usp=sharing

I can confirm, I cannot access the document. ?

it opens my google drive and prompts me to request access... which I have done. ?

It works! ? Can you PM me your email and I'll add you appropriately into the Drive. ?

22 hours ago, Arie said:

It works! ? Can you PM me your email and I'll add you appropriately into the Drive. ?

It should have emailed you in google? If not, I’ll try the pm thing, somehow... as soon as I figure out how. ^.^;