DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Arie

NaNoWriMo 2019

I have been in last minute Nano prep mode. Finishing up a few character outlines, and working on a VERY rough outline. 

That's a great start! 

My brain, yesterday morning, decided to plop an entire new novel idea in my head.. I may write two at the same time if i get stuck on one. 

Dumb brain.

Maybe look up some prompts? We have our group November prompts.

Edited by Eqwina

1 hour ago, Eqwina said:

Maybe look up some prompts? We have our group November prompts.

I was hoping the November Prompts would get posted earlier just in-case that one works. :wink:

Apologies, they should be posted up this evening. 
Although you are always welcome to snage one of the older ones.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, SinisterDeath said:

I'm still stuck on figuring out an idea. lol

I was going to work on some things I have started already.  I began looking for ways to edit and improv a one act play I wrote a while ago.  But I had no time on Nov 1st, and on Nov 2nd after the end of my day I had a new idea.  I think it is a pretty cool idea so I wanted to share as a way to make one's own prompt or to jump start a thing.

I sat down specifically to start a game civilization, to use the geography and early explorations to set up a world to write in.  After two days of writing I realized I was creating a story that takes place within a world I already created, like 3 or 4 generations after another project I'm working on (a screen play).  It was a coincidence that the major geographical features that the game gave me matched pretty well with something I started writing and created beat sheets for. 

I'm about 20% into the 50,000 word goal for the month, and of course it's horrible as writing but the idea I think is strong and I want to get as much written of the story as I can, hopefully finishing the story, before editing and making it read better.  It's very 'talky' now, a lot of dialogue between characters, a decent sense of how the various characters talk and what their deals are, but not so much of the writing filling the eyes along with the ears if that makes sense.  

Edited by Juan Farstrider
to change "with" to "within"