DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Arie

NaNoWriMo 2019

The elephant in the room, as we head into fall. 

Who's participating this year? Any plans, goals? 

nanowrimo.org for those that are new to the phenomenon. My handle on there is old enough to still be arie-tarou

my user name is aj-hunter (I think the hyphen) changed it last year I think maybe the year before.

I should be doing nano no idea what I'll be doing.  I am in the middle of editing so I might do a au as that's about the only thing I can finish right now...

I'm actually a little torn on what i want to work on. last year i jumped on the 'write anything' and did decently well, though it had no purpose or direction so it went way off my initial concept. 

I'm thinking this year I may actually make a planTM and it may take a little extra to sort out what world I want to play in. Be it my original ya fantasy or a silly romance (that sucks at the romance part) kind of story. 

Choices choices. 

LOL - not this year, I’m afraid...! Far too busy to write a well thought out story within that month’s timeframe, though the children might give me lots to write about... hmmmmm....

btw, I recognize the artwork in your sig. did you get it done, or do it yourself? I’m sure I’ve seen you on DeviantArt if you’re the artist! 

Edited by Calindra

I am not. I love the work and felt like a change for a spell. I'm a deviant-art stalker from time to time. ?

My art collection is... massive.

15 minutes ago, Arie said:

I am not. I love the work and felt like a change for a spell. I'm a deviant-art stalker from time to time. ?

My art collection is... massive.

Much love. Mine too! ☺️

I figure if nothing else it will help force me through my recent writers block. 

I'm 100% with you there. While I have Art and Patreon to keep up with, I did intend to have writing as part of it. I feel a little bead that I haven't had much this past year. October is planning month. September is 'get over myself' month.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:21 AM, Arie said:

I'm actually a little torn on what i want to work on. last year i jumped on the 'write anything' and did decently well, though it had no purpose or direction so it went way off my initial concept. 

I'm thinking this year I may actually make a planTM and it may take a little extra to sort out what world I want to play in. Be it my original ya fantasy or a silly romance (that sucks at the romance part) kind of story. 

Choices choices. 

I have never gone in with a plan, and outline, and I have also never finished. So, I think that this year I am going to go all in. I am going to be steering clear of high fantasy for now. I feel like that takes too much prep for me and I get caught in the planning (hence why I have been writing my fantasy novel for 6 years lol). I am looking more at maybe a magical realism idea.... I have been jotting down ideas in my bullet journal as they come. 

As always, I'll join, probably get 6 paragraphs down, then get distracted by something shiny, lose track, until it's the 29th, and then give up. : Wink:

I followed a simpler path and avoided the fantasy last year. It helped a lot so i didn't get bogged down in the elemental details, but man am I terrible at writing sexual tension with my own characters. That or my MC just had the emotional range of a teaspoon. 

The planning is new. Rarely have I gone in with a plan or a plot, aside one year starting the 'sequel' because I lacked a better idea. Usually I don't make it because something bad happens. Crashed hard drives, physical injury... Pregnancy sickness... *sighs* This year I'm hoping since i'm not in as deep of a depression state as last year I'll manage more with my free time while the kids are in school.

Sinister, you are not the only one, and I'm happy to nag with everyone else to keep you going.

I've never completed a fly by my pants nano.  Tried but then something always happens.   A plan even a vague one is important with deadlines imo.

I'm thinking I might do a text adventure instead of a traditional novel since githubs game off is in Nov too.

But I'll have a plan I hope.

Edited by Matalina
editing phone's autocorrect swipe feature!

yeah like a choose your own adventure book, but more in MUD/MUSH style game.  Though I'm actually thinking more of a text link connection so not so much typing in commands, but a simple hyperlink to navigate around the story.

Potentially writting in second pov which is a challenge.

Edited by Matalina

Just like to point out that NaNo is working hard on their new website for November.  You can use and preview it at:

https://preview.nanowrimo.org/

They also have new forums which are in use at

https://forums.nanowrimo.org/ Your old buddies didn't transfer but they'll explain all that

But the preview site I believe is what will use the data for going live when they do, but I'm not 100% on that.

It's so dang pretty, and i'm really excited! AND I may even get to change my username which makes me even happier.

You could do that before ?  I used to be Matalina but changed it a few years back.  I would wait till they got live to do it though just to be safe.

I think their answer to it was basically making a new account, or at least thats what i remember it being. *shrugs* I just wanted to keep my join date cause i'm a nerd that way. 

Yeah.  But I know it was recent I was about to calendar my name.  Hopefully you can do it on the new site.